Best WWII: Day D game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

I was watching one of those WWII documentaries about Day D, you know, pretty cool but also pretty grudge and i was thinking what are the games where this historic event has been recreated in the "best" possible way? I know there were some MoH and CoD games with this "stage" but my personal favorite is Company of Heroes, sure it was a pretty basic level early on the game, but i think it got some of the feeling right.

What do ou think guys, which one is your favorite and why.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Medal of Honor: Frontline's D-Day level is pretty good. It was big and chaotic for its' time. They got the machine gun sounds just right in that level.

I remember liking the airborne drop of D-Day in Company of Heroes, but I don't have fond memories of the actually beach head fight itself.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Yeah I agree with Behardy ^^ Can't go past Medal of Honor: Frontline & Allied Assault.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Omaha in Battlefield 1942 is still my favorite map to this day. That game was awesome

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@behardy24 said:

Medal of Honor: Frontline's D-Day level is pretty good. It was big and chaotic for its' time. They got the machine gun sounds just right in that level.

I remember liking the airborne drop of D-Day in Company of Heroes, but I don't have fond memories of the actually beach head fight itself.

Indeed, Company of Heroes did the level kind of right, but the beach fight was easy and kind of slow, still i really loved the feeling, perhaps it was because i was loving the concept of the game that much.