best rpg platform?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FFuematsufan (574 posts) -

what do you guys think the best rpg platform is?

denitely snes and playstation for me

#2 Posted by TriggerGear (154 posts) -

Super Nintendo followed by the Playstation.

#3 Posted by Ragnarok1051 (19953 posts) -

I would say PS2.

#4 Posted by texasgoldrush (9377 posts) -
SNES by far......its got the the greatest JRPG in history, Final Fantasy VI, as well as the excellent Chrono Trigger (can also make the best JRPG claim). It also has the Soul Blazer series, Secret of Mana and its sequel, Lufia I and II, FFIV and V, the 7th Saga, and more.
#5 Posted by slimdave21 (2646 posts) -
PS1 & the SNES.
#6 Posted by jorler333 (891 posts) -

PS2 followed closely by the SNES... then... Playstation.

#7 Posted by FFuematsufan (574 posts) -

honestly i haven't had a memorable rpg moment on the ps2 besides final fantasy x. i didn't really play that many, but i was wondering if i could get some reccomendations for great ps2 rpgs. i haven't played ps1 rpgs til recently and they are just all great. ps2 = meh.

#8 Posted by householdman (560 posts) -

PC

There are so many awesome RPGs on the PC, including my two favorite games of all time Gothic 2, and Planescape: Torment.

#9 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -
PC and XBOX. I only play WRPG so the playstation was useless for me in that regard.
#10 Posted by thatninja18 (173 posts) -

ps1 they have alot of rpgs that were good but it's all opinionated i like these games in this order

1. legend of legaia

2.chrono trigger (ps1 remake no offense i still like the snes version but the extra's were awesome)

3.lunar silver star story

4. final fantasy 8

5.wild arms 1

6.legend of dragoon

7.suikoden 2

8.star ocean 2

9.parasite eve 1

10.thousand arms

#11 Posted by ShadowofTulkas (1811 posts) -
SNES by far......its got the the greatest JRPG in history, Final Fantasy VI, as well as the excellent Chrono Trigger (can also make the best JRPG claim). It also has the Soul Blazer series, Secret of Mana and its sequel, Lufia I and II, FFIV and V, the 7th Saga, and more.texasgoldrush
Agreed.
#12 Posted by thatninja18 (173 posts) -

i miss super metroid that was one of my favorite games on snes that and megaman x1

#13 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

i miss super metroid that was one of my favorite games on snes that and megaman x1

thatninja18
Not Role playing games however.
#14 Posted by Slashfan10 (1242 posts) -

I haven't played too many but I say ps2 has some good ones, I just don't know what they are. Like what are some good turn based rpgs besides FFX?