Best review people (professional and Youtube reviewers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by downnice95 (89 posts) -

Me GameInformer is fair and the reviewers there are fair and seem like gamers when the review unlike other websites "gamespot:

As for the Amateurs I love Angry Joe as he is fair and funny

#2 Posted by downnice95 (89 posts) -

Edit: They seem like gamers when they review

I did a typo

#3 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6635 posts) -

Classic Game Room and Angry Joe.

And I'll add in gamespot and ign for the lulz.

#4 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26138 posts) -

On YT:

Classic Game Room

Angry Video Game Nerd

Angry Joe

Frequenczy

Wiiviewr

As for any specific sites, well...

#5 Edited by DannyC_pt (62 posts) -

Professional websites, I like Polygon and Rev3Games. And Gamespot. On YouTube, Angry Joe and Jeremy Jahns.

#6 Edited by drekula2 (1898 posts) -

Keza MacDonald, Jeff Gerstmann, Alex Navarro, Kevin VanOrd, and Colin Moriarty.

Also I think Chris Watters is shaping into a great reviewer.

#7 Posted by cdragon_88 (1132 posts) -

Angry Joe on youtube. I may not agree with some of his scores but he provides adequate information and shows actual problems about the game in his videos instead of just talking about it. After seeing his reviews I usually get the general idea of how the game is played and whether I will like it or not.

#8 Posted by _Judas_ (659 posts) -

You know: this tends to get more into the category of "reviewers I like" more than "great reviewers"... just saying.

#9 Posted by MathMattS (4002 posts) -

I don't know if I would call a reviewer "professional," as I don't know if I consider gaming a "profession."

But anyway, I don't have a preference for reviews from any particular source. Reviews should also be taken with a grain of salt, as they can be colored by the bias of the reviewer.

#10 Posted by Jacanuk (3931 posts) -

Me GameInformer is fair and the reviewers there are fair and seem like gamers when the review unlike other websites "gamespot:

As for the Amateurs I love Angry Joe as he is fair and funny

I don't watch "youtubers" review games also why would i take their opinion as anything but a lame attempt at making a buzz for themselves so they can earn money.

Of the professional i stick with GiantBomb, Gamespot, Rev3games, Escapist/Destructoid, polygon for a good left wing feminist san francisco rainbow laugh, eurogamer and a few local sites.

But i never use their reviews for anything then hearing what they think after i have formed my own opinion.

#11 Posted by CasualGamer36x (50 posts) -

Jeremy Jahns, he's also a great movie reviewer. I pretty much just go on gamespot or ign for reviews. Sometimes Smoshgames too coz they're funny and most of their videos are entertaining. I want to try Angry Joe but his videos are so long and my internet sucks.

#12 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69796 posts) -

Adam Sessler, Greg Miller, Ryan McAffrey, Max Scoville, Tar Long, Aron Waters and Kezza McDonald