best racing GAME ...........

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by thermalvision (130 posts) -

hei guys.....let me know about ur views.....best racing game you have played till now ?????????????

#2 Posted by Daradaniel (1 posts) -
nfs most wanted.I played it 4 times all over
#3 Posted by driftingsilvia (4089 posts) -

Motor City Online

#4 Posted by SadPSPAddict (5461 posts) -

To difficult a question - too many games in the different sub-genres:

1. Simulation - Forza 4 ( with GT5 a close second )
  2. Off-Road - Motorstorm Pacific Rift
  3. Arcade - Ridge Racer ( the PSP version )
  4. Open World - Burnout Paradise
  5. Bikes - MotoGP 10/11
#5 Posted by Dexter-010 (508 posts) -
Simulation: Forza 4 Arcade: Burnout Off-Road: FUEL (pretty underated) Bikes: MX vs. ATV Alive Open World: Burnout Paradise/Test Drive Unlimited
#6 Posted by MileMartic (2 posts) -
1. Colim McCrae series (unfortunately Dirt is no way near). 2. Death Rally 3. Flatout 1 and 2 4. Twisted Metal Did you try Gas Guzzlers: CC? I am playing it right now and it is hell of a game!!!
#7 Posted by foxy42 (358 posts) -

Depends how real you want your racing games.

Totally Real: GTR Evolution by miles.Forza is for kindergarten by comparison.

Medium, good balance realism/fun: Grid, by even more miles, much better than Forza and GT5 driving model.

Totally arcade: Midnight Club LA. HARD HARD HARD but by far the best openworld/arcade racer.

I've been playing games with a focus on driving/racing since 1985, and these are the ones nobody who loves cars should miss.

#8 Posted by thermalvision (130 posts) -

nfsmw rocks

#9 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

Probably Shift 2 Unleashed. It was kind of wonky at launch, but I played it a month or two ago and it seems like they fixed most of the problems. I just love the huge selection of real-life tracks and the very complex and challenging physics. The selection of cars isn't huge, but it's pretty darned good. And the Autolog feature gave me tons and tons of replayability, as did the Legends DLC pack.

#12 Posted by TommyBarban (607 posts) -

Best racing game memories? Test Drive Unlimited, expansive driving experience in an exotic location, collecting exotic cars in your personal garages all over the island, clean driving to earn the gold medals.

#13 Posted by aussiemuscle (110 posts) -
The only thing i didn't like about TDU was the lack of smoothing splines on the roads, so curved hills and dips were stepped or triangular in shape and that adversely affected handling on the tight and twisty parts. TDU2 corrected this, but stuffed up the multiplayer aspect. Game i raced the most would be rFactor, but only with the v8supercar mod.
#14 Posted by TommyBarban (607 posts) -

The only thing i didn't like about TDU was the lack of smoothing splines on the roads, so curved hills and dips were stepped or triangular in shape and that adversely affected handling on the tight and twisty parts. TDU2 corrected this, but stuffed up the multiplayer aspect. Game i raced the most would be rFactor, but only with the v8supercar mod.aussiemuscle

True, that's why I might not get back at playing the game and keep the sweet memories. At the time I didn't see those little hick ups but now I would :)

#15 Posted by Adri6 (25 posts) -
#16 Posted by bmart970 (86 posts) -

Forza 4

#17 Posted by Steve_LowBill (81 posts) -

1. NFS Most Wanted

2. Racedriver Grid

3. Dirt 3

No racing game can stand above Most Wanted

#18 Posted by Avel23 (43 posts) -
I have played many driving games but i really prefer Need For Speed Most Wanted. This is one of the best driving game i have played so far. I have also a crush for GT 4 but i really love NFS MW.
#19 Posted by DeviIHuman (203 posts) -
NFS The RUN Good graphics and story
#20 Posted by Eliana04 (11 posts) -
nfs and planet Burn both are really cool , planet burn is quite new but have addiction.
#21 Posted by highcube78 (2 posts) -

WORST RACING GAME EVER !!! I'LL STICK TO MARIO KART, WICH IS REALLY THE BEST RACING GAME.

#22 Posted by silurus2 (6 posts) -

Because i am an oldschool gamer, here are my tips for best racing games:

1. Sports Car GT - PC (Electronic Arts; Image Space Incorporated)

2. Gran Turismo serie - PS1~PS3 (Polyphony Digital; Sony)

3. Rally Championship 2000 - PC (Magnetic Fields; Actualize)

4. Need for Speed: Porsche 2000 - PC (EA)

#23 Posted by JayPearson4 (12 posts) -
need for speed/burnout paradise. Ps3 - gran turismo, XBOX - Forza. Ive got a ps and am absolutely gutted forza is exclusive to xbox
#24 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (977 posts) -
  1. GTR 2 (PC)
  2. Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)
  3. N-Gen Racing (PS1)
  4. Test Drive Unlimited (PC)
  5. NFS: Porsche Unleashed (PC)
#25 Posted by asestar (13 posts) -
My list is also mainly old school: 1: NFS: Porsche 2000/Unleashed. That will remain at #1 for having THE BEST CARRIER progression BY FAR. 2: Test Drive Unlimited 1. The graphics, the open world concept, the detail of cars, the thrill of racing. I spent whole nights just driving my Lotus Esprit V8.. 3: Colin McRae 2/3/4: Loved the realism, full in-car view and crashes. 4: Nascar 3 (by Sierra/Papyrus). Got me hooked on simple yet complex oval racing 5: GTR Evolution. Real racing hardly get better.
#27 Posted by ankitrocks10 (3 posts) -
nfs is best and its most wanted is awesome....
#28 Posted by ankitrocks10 (3 posts) -
nfs is best and its most wanted is awesome.... the spa at kona beach hotel
#29 Posted by Adri6 (25 posts) -

Huh, my all time favourite is definitely rFactor, but nowadays this game is at least graphically speaking only a good memory from history. Race ON, is good as well, iRacing, RB Rally and of course NFS series. Anyway here is my personal top 10 choice of racing games: top 10 racing games

#30 Posted by sdouglas2 (4 posts) -
1 - Simulation - Forza 4 ( with GT5 a close second ) 2 - Off-Road - Motorstorm Pacific Rift 3 - Arcade - Ridge Racer ( the PSP version ) 4 - Open World - Burnout Paradise ------------------------------------------------------- Toxicologia
#31 Posted by haulinazzboy10 (3 posts) -
everyone play www.Haulinazz.com best game space brake up arrow is go back arrow is backward w up gear e down gear
#32 Posted by petersam001 (1 posts) -
I Think Best Game for racing is NFS most Wanted ....
#33 Posted by BlackStar42 (10 posts) -
Definitely NFS: Nitro for the Wii. best arcade racing i've seen so far!
#34 Posted by Subcarpati (7 posts) -
For me the best racing game were both parts of NFS Underground.
#35 Posted by johnanadroid (6 posts) -
Need for Speed Most Wanted and Undergorund series
#36 Posted by simransimmi (2 posts) -
Hi, I like to play Race game ever, my favorite racing games are: Death Rally Flatout 1 and 2 Twisted Metal
#37 Posted by omzo (11 posts) -
Burnout Paradise is by far my favourite. I also enjoy Twisted Metal, Forza 4, F1 2012 and NFS Hot Pursuit.
#38 Posted by hilariacole (7 posts) -
Hello Everybody, When it comes to the best racing game ever the first thing that come in my mind is NFS; as it is one of the worlds most popular game in this area of gaming. Besides this other good games are Forza 4 and Burnout 3.
#40 Posted by Threesixtyci (4283 posts) -

Disk version of GTR2 (PC game by Simbin). It's available on Steam, too, but the Steam version lacks all the Ferrari's and more importantly all the Porches, since the licenses expired on them. Another bad thing is you can't recover your password if you forget it. Account/password is only needed for multiplayer, though.

There is a workaround to get the ferrari's and porches back.... need to install the Disk version patch, and use a nocd hack. Also, I hear the game has problems with Win8 have to run it in Win7 compatiblility mode.

#41 Posted by jetjetjaguar (242 posts) -

Well.. I'm currently playing F1 2010 so much that my shoulder hurts.  Finally braking down and getting a wheel controler is making driving games MUCH more fun for me. 

#42 Posted by jetjetjaguar (242 posts) -
[QUOTE="omzo"]Burnout Paradise is by far my favourite. I also enjoy Twisted Metal, Forza 4, F1 2012 and NFS Hot Pursuit.

I was going to mention Burnout. I liked "Burnout Revenge" so much on the XBOX that I bought it's port to the 360!
#43 Posted by wayexe (10 posts) -
The best ever Racing Sim .... Has yet to be released, in 2014 for the PC/xbox/wii and wu...Will be Project CARS...I'm playing right now the Pre-Alpha version..Go check it out..Here is some screens :) http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-community-gallery-55/ Project CARS will also be released for the next gen consoles too ;) Swifty
#44 Posted by evratto (217 posts) -

Forza 4 , by far. 

#45 Posted by 187umKILLAH (1337 posts) -
#46 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5753 posts) -

Burnout 3. Especially racing online, it was epic. 

#47 Posted by xiaominaow (1 posts) -
totally
#48 Posted by ozbloke86 (1 posts) -
Hi guys, this is maybe not the BEST racing game but it is definitely lots of FUN and you can win an awesome prize, drive a F1 car for a day! It's here http://f1.rexona.com.au/game.php
#49 Posted by jane25 (9 posts) -
HI guys, My best racing game is need for speed .
#50 Posted by NationProtector (806 posts) -
Sims or Arcades?