Best place to buy Gameboy games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Mike1978Smith (2012 posts) -

I recently had an old school Gameboy (the original one... the fat brick, hehe) given to me (works perfectly) and while it did come to me with some games, there are a few games out there that I would like to pick up. I would just go to ebay, but I don't want a beat up cartridge with the label half torn off and some one's name written on there.

I know I won't be finding any new games, but is there a place I can be guaranteed to get a nice cart in good, clean condition?

#2 Posted by summer_star17x (2683 posts) -
pawn shops, local game stores, and yard sales.
oh, and probably every store that has them will have a handful that are in crap condition like you stated.
#3 Posted by UltimateXShadow (2312 posts) -
Well, used game stores like GameStop actually price them fairly well. For example, I bought a fully-functional Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening for $2.99 there. If you don't want to shop retail, find a flea market or garage sale. The only reason why I do not necessarily reccommend ebay is because somtimes the S&H itself is greater than the value of the game.
#4 Posted by Mystic_Legend (960 posts) -
Usually in the EBGames I go to there's a glass cabinet with a whole bunch of retro games, GB, GBC, N64, even seen some SNES games there. Your best luck will be to check used sections of Gamestops/EBgames.
#5 Posted by Talldude80 (6321 posts) -

Usually in the EBGames I go to there's a glass cabinet with a whole bunch of retro games, GB, GBC, N64, even seen some SNES games there. Your best luck will be to check used sections of Gamestops/EBgames.Mystic_Legend

and there should be some used game stores in your town that are not chains. try those places. but gameboy games are definately cheap enough where u really wont want to buy them online, shipping will be just as much as the game. In my town we have Bookmans (used books, cds, dvds, and games), Game Crazy(hollywoodvideo), Gamestop, and Gamezone(small local place).

#6 Posted by glassjawbox (148 posts) -

i had trouble finding anything gameboy or anything that came out before psp & ds at my local eb/ gamestops. I got a new gameboy color and some games shipped to my house through amazon which cut out a lot of the hassle of searching around

#7 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

Ebay and Amazon.com will have the best selection.

Other than that, I'd try local pawn shops, local used music/movie shops, flea markets, Craigslist.com, and yard sales.

#8 Posted by boboboj (3932 posts) -

i had trouble finding anything gameboy or anything that came out before psp & ds at my local eb/ gamestops. I got a new gameboy color and some games shipped to my house through amazon which cut out a lot of the hassle of searching around

glassjawbox

That is because you bumped a thread that is 3 years old. And Gamestop doesn't sell anything post GBA now.

#9 Posted by Nismology (648 posts) -

Do a google search for video games shops in your area, and visit the ones that aren't part of a chain. The smallerbusinessesoften have a reasonable selection of gameboy games, and you may get a discount if you buy multiple games. I picked up a gameboy advance in really good condition for £15 in a retro game shop two days ago, and I Pokemon emerald in mint condition (but no box) for £10

#10 Posted by TheColbert (3842 posts) -
Amazon, Ebay, Craigslist, pawn shops, classifieds and yard sales are your best bet.
#11 Posted by ionusX (25715 posts) -

chekc your phonebook for videogames and see if you notice anything that pops out at you a ssomeone who migth carry classics or legacy

locally i have on called microplay.. i can get snes, geneisis, gameboy, nes, gba, gbc (occassionally), dreamcast, ps, and going wa back here the odd amiga or commodore games. msot fo em are pretty banged up and rarely have their boxes but ive found a few gems if you look past that. it take a keen eye to get good old games