Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

Edited By the_master_race

Poll Best PC exclusives and non-strategy games that never came to consoles (21 votes)

Diablo II 10%
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 24%
System Shock II 19%
Thief: The Dark Project 10%
Hitman: Codename 47 10%
Amnesia: The Dark Descent 10%
Neverwinter Nights 14%
The Sims 3 0%
Star Wars: The Old Republic 5%

I start with Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines. This game was one of the best FPS RPGs ever that made by Troika Games , a video game developer created by the key people behind the first part of the critically acclaimed Fallout series of game - Tim Cain, Leonard Boyarsky & Jason Anderson - , somehow Masquerade – Bloodlines is one of the biggest underrated games too , it released by Activision for PC in 2004 and 2004 was the year that Half-life 2 came out so you could understand why most of people still don’t know anything about this game, not to mention it’s technical problems and numerous bugs

• 
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Battlefield 2

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

Crysis 1

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

This is system wars material. Anyway, System Shock 2 and thief 2 is top of my list.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@chaplainDMK said:

Crysis 1

Err is did come out on consoles.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chaplainDMK

@Gamerno6666 said:

@chaplainDMK said:

Crysis 1

Err is did come out on consoles.

That did fly spectacularly under the radar to me lol

Well then it's still MoH:AA and BF2.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight + Mysteries of the Sith, Tie Fighter, X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, and UT: 2004.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Lot of good mentions above. The Witcher #1 might warrant a mention as well, despite its rough edges. But I'm going to go with Thief 1+2 and System Shock 2, and add Planescape Torment

ArunsunK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ArunsunK
Member since 2014 • 335 Posts

I voted System Shock 2 but there are plenty more great exclusive games on pc like SiN, Alien versus Predator, Freelancer, STALKER, Baldur's Gate II. I could list more but that would take way too long.

M_Bers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 M_Bers
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hitman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

The Stalker series.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@chaplainDMK said:

Battlefield 2

Came out on PS2, Xbox and Xbox 360 ;)

ArunsunK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ArunsunK

@Black_Knight_00:

Wasn't Battlefield 2: Modern Combat a spinoff and not the same as Battlefield 2?

KoboldKabab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By KoboldKabab
Member since 2015 • 64 Posts

Actually kind of surprised no one seems to think Neverwinter Nights is worthy. The depth and longevity of that game is unheard of for the most part by today's standards. Only some game devs even try to explore the realm of possibilities that were available to players back with this game.

@Renegade_Fury Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight is a pretty amazing game too, multiplayer was such fun on LAN.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Amnesia Dark Descent, you don't know horror until you play that game in a dark cold room with headphones on at full volume.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@koboldkabab said:

Actually kind of surprised no one seems to think Neverwinter Nights is worthy. The depth and longevity of that game is unheard of for the most part by today's standards. Only some game devs even try to explore the realm of possibilities that were available to players back with this game.

@Renegade_Fury Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight is a pretty amazing game too, multiplayer was such fun on LAN.

Yep you right , games such as fall out & neverwinter nights are the best PC games that never came to consoles however I wanted to mention those games that have this great potential to get ported to consoles but they remained exclusive for PC because games like neverwinter nights have a unique gameplay system which relied on PC mouse controls ! hmmm now that I've come to think of it.. I should've removed diablo II and the sims from the list too.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Black_Knight_00

@arunsunk said:

@Black_Knight_00:

Wasn't Battlefield 2: Modern Combat a spinoff and not the same as Battlefield 2?

no idea

ArunsunK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ArunsunK

@Black_Knight_00: According to a wiki it is a spinoff but wiki's should be taken that with a grain of salt.

• Many gamers thought of this as a console version of the smash hit Battlefield 2, in reality it's more of a spin-off featuring the same factions and most of the weapons, but consisting of its own Campaign, Multiplayer Maps, et cetera. - Battlefield Wikia
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Freespace 2, Mechwarrior 4, Steel Beasts, Jane's World War 2 Fighters, Descent II

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By chaplainDMK

@arunsunk said:

@Black_Knight_00: According to a wiki it is a spinoff but wiki's should be taken that with a grain of salt.

• Many gamers thought of this as a console version of the smash hit Battlefield 2, in reality it's more of a spin-off featuring the same factions and most of the weapons, but consisting of its own Campaign, Multiplayer Maps, et cetera. - Battlefield Wikia

It's totally different to Battlefield 2, basically just using the name. The aesthetic is totally different, the maps are totally different, the gameplay is changed a lot, you have no jets and stuff, you only have 24 players etc. etc. etc.

It's just Battlefield 2 in name and kind-of in setting. Practically it's more Battlefield Bad Company 0,5

ArunsunK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ArunsunK

@chaplainDMK:

I never played it so I couldn't give an accurate account to whether it was like Battlefield 2 or not other than the wiki . Thanks for the confirm.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Renegade_Fury said:

Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight + Mysteries of the Sith, Tie Fighter, X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, and UT: 2004.

My vote goes to Tie Figher/x-wing as well.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@chaplainDMK said:

@arunsunk said:

It's totally different to Battlefield 2, basically just using the name. The aesthetic is totally different, the maps are totally different, the gameplay is changed a lot, you have no jets and stuff, you only have 24 players etc. etc. etc.

It's just Battlefield 2 in name and kind-of in setting. Practically it's more Battlefield Bad Company 0,5

I'll actually have to get it now, I had no idea it had single player. I thought it was one of those online-only games like the PC version. Though to be fair, that one had bots.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chaplainDMK

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@chaplainDMK said:

@arunsunk said:

I'll actually have to get it now, I had no idea it had single player. I thought it was one of those online-only games like the PC version. Though to be fair, that one had bots.

I doubt it's really worth it. I guess you can get it for dirt cheap now, but from what I know it's not really great in SP and the MP servers are shut down.

I'd say Bad Company 1 or 2 would be a better purchase. Or just Battlefield 2 on PC, which is still imo the best in the series.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@chaplainDMK said:

I doubt it's really worth it. I guess you can get it for dirt cheap now, but from what I know it's not really great in SP and the MP servers are shut down.

I'd say Bad Company 1 or 2 would be a better purchase. Or just Battlefield 2 on PC, which is still imo the best in the series.

I collect every FPS ever released on consoles, provided it has single player content.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By chaplainDMK

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@chaplainDMK said:

I collect every FPS ever released on consoles, provided it has single player content.

Tried Tribes: Aerial Assault? Technically it sort of has SP content, just bots.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@chaplainDMK said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

Tried Tribes: Aerial Assault? Technically it sort of has SP content, just bots.

I think I have that one, never played it though. I played Tribes on PC, so i never saw the point haha

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

Unreal Tournament, Undying,

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Bloodlines and System Shock 2 are great, enjoyed those quite a bit. I still need to try the Thief games, not really sure if I'll get into them or not.

Some others for me are the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games, Planescape: Torment, Blood, Blade of Darkness, Clive Barker's Undying, Fallout, The Longest Journey, Realms of the Haunting

ProficientCity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ProficientCity
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Best PC exclusives and non-strategy games that never came to consoles===My point is: this is really exclusive scoop, saw a language about strategy game.