Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

The key word there being adventure not just creating havoc. These are some of the better ones I've played and the best I can come up with. I'd love like an Indiana jones game set in an open world like Uncharted or more storylines period.

1. GTA-Still a good action adventure game in an open world even though the fun of it is just creating mayhem. Probably the best one even still.

2. Assassins Creed - Probably my favorite series

3. LA Noire - Great idea. Could have been better.

4. Red Dead Redemption- Western setting. Almost too much to do in Red Dead and the game dragged to me after a bit. It was almost too good.

5. FAllout-More rpg but questing.. Probably the best one there is.

6. Elder Scrolls- IT's the Elder Scrolls. It's everything but story and direction in this game is so open.

7. Mass Effect-Not really open world if you put the zones together it kind of is. It's also an rpg with a strong sense of character development. Still an adventure game though. I like it.

8. Watch Dogs - Good mix of action/stealth and GTA. Not bad for a first entry but not great either.

9. Sleeping Dogs - GTA knockoff and somewhat better in ways. Still mostly mindless fun.

That's all I can come up with. Am I missing anything? We need more storylines and better game design. MGS Phantom Pain? Agent? What else is on the horizon? Is Agent ever coming out or is it just a myth??!

Other adventure games that sort of fit the bill were games like Alan Wake and Heavy Rain which were high budget not open world games.

If you want to adventure in a huge playground with great graphics this is pretty much it. UBisoft, Rockstar, Bethesda, with some Bioware and Square enix in there. Games like Saints Row and Just Cause don't count for me. The Witcher might. Still more of the same though. Batman and Spiderman I also don't list even though they are that but they are superhero games.

Ubisoft and Rockstar games tend to be more focused on a sandbox with major storylines tied in. They are probably the closest games to being a grand scale action/adventure game in an open world.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19562 Posts

I can't think of too many open world Adventure games, but Saints Row 3-4 and Just Cause 2 are some of my favourite open-world Action-Adventure games.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Celtic_34

I am playing Unity right now and it got me thinking of what games out there are open world adventures. AC Unity is an action/adventure but probably as good as anything out there. I thought LA Noire would have been better. GTA is boring after a while. All these games are. I finished ME1. Never finished skyrim or oblivion or any of the other Mass Effect games. Finished both Dogs. Fallout 3. Both GTA games and AC 2 and now playing Unity. Red Dead also never finished. Some of these games are just too big and repetitive after a while. I played all those games though. These are the main types of games I play. This and Madden lol. And NBA 2k..

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

The only Open World adventure games in that list is LA Noire.

The rest of them are not adventure games, although a case can be made for fallout, but even then it would only be shitty adventure game.

vicky_john1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 vicky_john1
Member since 2014 • 230 Posts

LA Noire

GTA

Sleeping dogs are the best open world adventure games..

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@vicky_john1 said:

LA Noire

GTA

Sleeping dogs are the best open world adventure games..

me love sleeping dogs but I won't be getting the definitive version.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Just cause 2

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I like the way people recommend Just Cause 2 when the TC said not about creating havoc, one of the main game mechanics in Just Cause 2 is cause CHAOS by blowing shit up.

Just Cause 2 is one of my favorite games of all time though currently playing it now, the campaign is not great but arsing about on it is endless fun.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

GTA FOR sure other great games skyrim fallout 3 just cause 2 RDR AC for me

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#10 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Celtic_34: Saints Row III, Watch Dogs, GTA V, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Shadow of Mordor, Batman Arkham City

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19562 Posts

@thehig1: To be fair, the TC also said he wanted Adventure games, but the only Adventure game in this thread is LA Noire.

Also, the first game he listed was GTA, which he admitted was fun mainly for creating havoc!

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lulu_Lulu

@Planeforger

Thats exactly what I said..... Why do we even bother with genres if people are not gonna call them by they're actual names ?

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

Best open world games

1: Skyrim

2: Read dead redemtion

3: Mass Effect 2

4: Gta5

5: Fallout 3

Currently playing Shadow Of Mordor, that's a good open world as well. Having lots of fun killing Orcs right now:) LA Noir i havn't played yet but it is probably one of the best open world games out there.

waffleboy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By waffleboy22
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

Im surprised Far Cry didn't make the list, its one of the better open world games, and always has a great setting

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Super Mario Sunshine by far.

AutomatorMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AutomatorMC
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I you can stand Minecraft the Enderbent adventure map is imho more fun than most official rpg's

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Celtic_34

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Planeforger

Thats exactly what I said..... Why do we even bother with genres if people are not gonna call them by they're actual names ?

The reason I m ade the topic like this is because if you want big budget and action and graphics you need to look for adventure here. I think most of these games are adventure games. They are action/adventure games. The adventure somewhat has to be found is all. I'm not sure I classify Just Cause or Saints row as adventure but they probably are. They are action/adventure games.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Far Cry 4 for me. I can't wait to finish the SP campaign and just go exploring via the gyrocopter. Should I need mayhem, I just reset the outposts.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lulu_Lulu

@Celtic_34

And the only Action-Adventure Game in that list is LA Noire....

Look I'm not denying that you go on an adventure (sort of) in those other games, I'm just saying they're not "Adventure Games", I was upset because I was expecting some actual adventure games since I've taken a liking to the genre recently. Its confusing for those of us who actually know what an Adventure Game is.

amillionhp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 amillionhp
Member since 2008 • 773 Posts

Skyrim without mods or console commands is a peice of shit. So anything except PC Skyrim is a peice of shit. The quality of the game itself should NOT be judged off whatever the modding community can cook up. Its not a reflection of the actual game. So Skyrim is a peice of shit.

CrillanK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 CrillanK
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

I personally enjoyed Skyrim, the Assassin Creed series and Watch Dogs very much but GTA makes me yawn. If you can look past the graphics and enjoy humor in games, then you should also look at Lego City: Undercover on WiiU. It's open world, fun and full of the Lego humor.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#24 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@thehig1 said:

I like the way people recommend Just Cause 2 when the TC said not about creating havoc, one of the main game mechanics in Just Cause 2 is cause CHAOS by blowing shit up.

Just Cause 2 is one of my favorite games of all time though currently playing it now, the campaign is not great but arsing about on it is endless fun.

Just Cause 2 and Sleeping dogs, with JC2 being my favorite, and saying that it's all about creating havoc is an understatement!!! lol....couid you imagine if JC2 had MP!!! @thehig1

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

@thehig1 said:

Just Cause 2 and Sleeping dogs, with JC2 being my favorite, and saying that it's all about creating havoc is an understatement!!! lol....couid you imagine if JC2 had MP!!! @thehig1

It does, on PC anyway. its like the death zone on some servers, death guaranteed in seconds

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#26 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@thehig1 said:

@MarcRecon said:

@thehig1 said:

It does, on PC anyway. its like the death zone on some servers, death guaranteed in seconds

Wow man, I bet that's awesome!!! I hope they add it to JC3!

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#27  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

The only Open World adventure games in that list is LA Noire.

The rest of them are not adventure games, although a case can be made for fallout, but even then it would only be shitty adventure game.

Well, somebody wake me up because i must be dreaming. Because the day has arrived where i actually agree with LuLu :D

None of the games except partly LA Noire is anywhere close to being a adventure game and trying to call those games a adventure game is either because the person never actually played a adventure game or because its trolling time.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#28 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@waffleboy22 said:

Im surprised Far Cry didn't make the list, its one of the better open world games, and always has a great setting

Yeah I completely forgot about the Far Cry series