Best games to mod for?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by QuickSaintPat (5 posts) -
I want to know what the best games to mod and map for. I think the best is Half-Life 2 because of the devloper support and Hammer. But I also think that because half life is the only game i've ever tried to mod for. So what are some other great games to mod for. I'm looking for things like ease of use and support.
#2 Posted by linktheking (152 posts) -

Freelancer, By Microsoft.

It has millions of mods and is simple to do.

www.lancersreactor.com

#3 Posted by samurai8000 (297 posts) -
Actually im really interested in modding can someone advise me on what game i should mod i.e. half life etc. and the steps i should take like what to download to start? SOmeone told me to to try oblivion....
#4 Posted by Louis-D (1867 posts) -

Actually im really interested in modding can someone advise me on what game i should mod i.e. half life etc. and the steps i should take like what to download to start? SOmeone told me to to try oblivion....samurai8000

Oblivion and Morrowind have construction sets which can be downloaded for free from The Elder Scrolls website (for PC). This allows you to create mods and place them in the game. It's pretty simple but still takes some getting used to. I don't really mod games, but I hear that the best way is to start simple and work your way up. I'm sure there's a ton of useful sites that are useful too.

#5 Posted by sagelund (790 posts) -

Bump........