Best Capcom rpg series? Megaman Battle Network ot Breath of Fire?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Holyspirit-Xbox (265 posts) -
Which Rpg series has Capcom made best? With that said, also consider of these holy, which you would rather have brought back in your choice. (also for the voting threads, once I am able to make polls I will make part 2's.)
#2 Posted by Change_MyShorts (76 posts) -

I played Mega Man Network Transmission and enjoyed myself.

#3 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3829 posts) -

Wow.... really? That isnt much of a question... lol

Of course Breath of Fire series hands down. Not even close....

I guess everybody holds entitlement to their opinions, but if you have not played both series, it is sort of a mute point.

#4 Posted by Holyspirit-Xbox (265 posts) -

I guess everybody holds entitlement to their opinions, but if you have not played both series, it is sort of a mute point.

WitIsWisdom
I just realized you had Garr in your avatar. Man that plot twist was something.
#5 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

WitIsWisdom

You beat me to it. There really is no question here. Breath of Fire is head-and-shoulders above Mega Man Battle Network.

#6 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3829 posts) -

[QUOTE="WitIsWisdom"]

Holyspirit-Xbox

Honestly the only plot twist was me almost not answering because I thought that this thread was a joke at first, and I'm still not certain its not.... lol

As I said before, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but imo that is like comparing a volkswagen to a rolls royce.

#7 Posted by Holyspirit-Xbox (265 posts) -

[QUOTE="Holyspirit-Xbox"][QUOTE="WitIsWisdom"]

WitIsWisdom

Honestly the only plot twist was me almost not answering because I thought that this thread was a joke at first, and I'm still not certain its not.... lol

As I said before, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but imo that is like comparing a volkswagen to a rolls royce.

You would be surprised. Watch by the end of the week it gets close to a tie. Also, those are the only two rpgs that capcom made that actually got attention mainstreamwise, granted BOF less so, so there really isn't anything else to compare them to other than eachother.
#8 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3829 posts) -

[QUOTE="WitIsWisdom"]

[QUOTE="Holyspirit-Xbox"] I just realized you had Garr in your avatar. Man that plot twist was something.Holyspirit-Xbox

You would be surprised. Watch by the end of the week it gets close to a tie. Also, those are the only two rpgs that capcom made that actually got attention mainstreamwise, granted BOF less so, so there really isn't anything else to compare them to other than eachother.

Dont get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from, but unless someone either hasnt played the BoF games or are just HUGE fans of the Blue Bomber (I'm a fan myself... just not of that series) I cant see someone having thoroughly played both to say battle network... However, something about the BoF series has that awesome charm that it just seems hardly ANY other game even got near imo. I guess I have never been put in this position with my overall love for the BoF series was put up against a series I'm not too fond of... lol

I have understood the BoF or FF arguements or the BoF or DQ arguements, but the two series are so different that traditionaly speaking it is almost like asking if Super Mario Brothers 3 or Super Mario RPG is a better game.

Diversity is what makes the world turn however.

#9 Posted by Holyspirit-Xbox (265 posts) -

[QUOTE="Holyspirit-Xbox"][QUOTE="WitIsWisdom"]

WitIsWisdom

Dont get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from, but unless someone either hasnt played the BoF games or are just HUGE fans of the Blue Bomber (I'm a fan myself... just not of that series) I cant see someone having thoroughly played both to say battle network... However, something about the BoF series has that awesome charm that it just seems hardly ANY other game even got near imo. I guess I have never been put in this position with my overall love for the BoF series was put up against a series I'm not too fond of... lol

I have understood the BoF or FF arguements or the BoF or DQ arguements, but the two series are so different that traditionaly speaking it is almost like asking if Super Mario Brothers 3 or Super Mario RPG is a better game.

Diversity is what makes the world turn however.

No, i get what your saying, especially since that series had when straight down the funnel of mediocracy and worse after they "rebooted it" with that other series that plays exactly the same. But the first 3 games have held a lot of people together. I do agree with you about BOF before V, it seemed to have that fell of actually being in the world with believable characters that actually matched the world with a story that matched the world with music that matched the world to pull you in like you are there, and that made it so how the games were made and the artstyle i would not minds as it seemed it matched like everythnig else. Most of which Final Fantasy does not do or Dragonquest, not to mention Capcom was not known for Rpgs, so Capcom fans really had that series for years before the MM spin-off. Well ok, X had an rpg to, but we would like ot pretend that game didn't exist.
#10 Posted by nini200 (10099 posts) -
Breath of fire vs Megaman Battle Network? :lol: :lol: :lol: seriously? :lol: OMG I'm outta here :lol:
#11 Posted by Ovirew (6447 posts) -
BOF for sure. It's roo bad that Capcom kinda shelved the series, especially after the awesome Dragon Quarter, but considering their business practices in recent years... It might be a good thing if BOF lives on as a series of 5 games for now.
#12 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (8063 posts) -
Breath of Fire for sure.
#13 Posted by Jag85 (4957 posts) -

Breath of Fire, hands down.

#14 Posted by final_lap (327 posts) -

Anything that has randomly triggered encounters is garbage.

That said, I choose Mega Man Star Force.

#15 Posted by Blueresident87 (5340 posts) -

Not even close, Breath of Fire all the way.

#16 Posted by Blueresident87 (5340 posts) -

Anything that has randomly triggered encounters is garbage.

That said, I choose Mega Man Star Force.

final_lap

Well, that wipes out most of the greatest RPG's ever made...

#17 Posted by Suikojin (333 posts) -

Breath of Fire is way better. I wish they would make another game in the series.

#18 Posted by MLBknights58 (5015 posts) -

An... interesting comparison to be sure.

Breath of Fire all the way though.  Battle Network is just too damn tedious for its own good.

#19 Posted by Jessey-Stone (341 posts) -

breath of fire series anyday the series overall is fantastic and there was always something to do even if you beat the game you could load up a file and simply go fishing and still have fun

i loved catching whales and anglers in breath of fire 4

#20 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

You would be surprised. Watch by the end of the week it gets close to a tie.Holyspirit-Xbox

So who's surprised now?

#21 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3829 posts) -

Yeah, I think the count is at like 10-2 or something close to that. Of the two however it doesn't sound like one ever played a game in the BoF series, and I'm not so sure the other even qualifies...

I'm sure there are people out there who prefer BN, but I dont think the numbers of gamers who have played BOTH series are as close as you originally thought.

I'm not sure why some many people vote for one thing or another if they have not experienced both sides in the first place... Just stating they "like" a certain game though isnt technically a vote, so in that case it could be 10-1 or since the other vote may be dq's anyways, it could also be 10-0.