Best alternative comic books that should become video games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

Just to point out: Alternative means not Marvel or DC. They've already had their fair share of console adaptions. I mean titles from Image, Dark Horse, Action Lab etc.

There's plenty of indie graphic novels out there that would be amazing games. The industry is loosing originality, so why not? :)

Here's a few titles I've read that'd do great on the One or PS4:

- Orc Stain by James Stokoe. It's set in this lush, trippy fantasy world filled with Tolkien's signature monsters. The main character is an orc thief named One-Eye, and he's evading capture from an evil emperor who wants him to unlock a safe to fulfill a prophecy. This series ended abruptly after the seventh issue, but it'd be better with an ending fit for the Big Two systems. Maybe even the Vita. The gameplay would have to involve you seeking sanctuary as One-Eye, moving from tribe to tribe and cracking open safes with his hammer.

- Planetoid by Ken Garing. It's the story of a space pirate named Silas who crash-lands on an alien world and is being hunted by robots similar to Mass Effect's Reapers. This'd be amazing on the Big Two consoles w/ the same graphics as Horizon Zero Dawn and other titles that look ridiculously real. Good thing Morgan Freeman dropped the plan to make this a movie.

- Saga by Brian K. Vaughan. This series is a mega-favorite among female readers, and is basically General Hospital: In Space. This would have to strictly be an RPG, since it's a space opera in ways like Star Wars and in more ways it's not.

- Elephantmen by Richard Starkings. This is a very hard sci-fi neo noir series centered on a team of genetically engineered African wildlife animals. It's one of Image's longest running series. If this were a game, it'd have to be just as character-driven as the comic, and have loads of sleek badass action. Not to mention the background music would basically be synth.

So any thoughts? What indie comic do you think would be a great game?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7240 Posts

I realize Vertigo is technically DC, but ever since playing Planescape: Torment, I've wanted Black Isle/Obsidian to make an rpg in the Sandman universe. Not to play as Morpheus, or any of the Endless, but as someone who crosses paths with them.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#3 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I just got done reading Preacher not too long ago. I think that would make a good graphic novel game, like the Walking Dead.