Bejing 2008 (Mario and Sonic at the Olympics) TRAILER: Sweet

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24985.html

Really cool, but..... all CG

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Please tell me how Mario could ever beat Sonic in a race? *crickets chirp* yeah I thought so, this game is ass.
yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#4 yodariquo
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts
Please tell me how Mario could ever beat Sonic in a race? *crickets chirp* yeah I thought so, this game is ass.GodModeEnabled
Where's the realism?! Hedgehogs own the olympics! >_>
selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 selbie
Member since 2004 • 13295 Posts
It should be just Sonic. I don't see why they had to drag in Mario. Maybe they knew it wouldn't sell without him *zing!* Personally I think they should have made it similar to Smash Bros where they have a mixture of characters from different games.
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#6 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts
Nice trailer...I mean...absolutely nothing saying,no gameplay or even game graphics and...who whould pay full price for this potential piece of crap?Ok I know almost every Wii and DS game is hyped and treated as a revolution,but seriously,does anyone think this will be worth full price and play any better then Track&Field?Exept the Tabletennis (has potential) this game is what we get every time at the olympics,and I bet it´s the same disappointment exept you see Mario and Sonic in one game.I could be wrong,but in fact,how high is the possibility?
erawsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 erawsd
Member since 2002 • 6930 Posts

Nice trailer...I mean...absolutely nothing saying,no gameplay or even game graphics and...who whould pay full price for this potential piece of crap?Ok I know almost every Wii and DS game is hyped and treated as a revolution,but seriously,does anyone think this will be worth full price and play any better then Track&Field?Exept the Tabletennis (has potential) this game is what we get every time at the olympics,and I bet it´s the same disappointment exept you see Mario and Sonic in one game.I could be wrong,but in fact,how high is the possibility?Ash2X

Theres some gameplay videos on the site also, but it does look like a pretty generic Olympics game. I didn't even spot the fun power ups you usually get from the Mario minigames. That said, I think thisll be one of the best selling games of the year.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 112505
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts

That was surprisingly awesome. I still think its a disgrace to have Mario keep up with Sonic at running. Sonic should be running circles around Mario as they are running. I want a video that shows an accurate representation of what would happen if Mario and Sonic meet and compete, the whole video should just be Sonic laughing in Mario's sweaty fatigued face during every event.dvader654

Doubt that Sonic could beat Mario at high jump or long jump...:)

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts
That was surprisingly awesome. I still think its a disgrace to have Mario keep up with Sonic at running. Sonic should be running circles around Mario as they are running.dvader654
IIRC, the designers talked about how Sonic has the highest top speed, but has slower acceleration, while Mario has faster acceleration, and lower top speed, as a way of balancing the characters.
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ash2X

[QUOTE="Skylock00"][QUOTE="dvader654"]That was surprisingly awesome. I still think its a disgrace to have Mario keep up with Sonic at running. Sonic should be running circles around Mario as they are running.dvader654

IIRC, the designers talked about how Sonic has the highest top speed, but has slower acceleration, while Mario has faster acceleration, and lower top speed, as a way of balancing the characters.

I know they have to balance it out in the game, just with the CG movie they should have a little bit of fun but I guess that would be a misrepresentation of the game. This is just the weirdest way to use these characters anyone could have thought of. Sonic in any olympic game should be unfair, I want some realism in my games with a running talking blue hedgehog.

*lol*but I wonder how they use the "innovative" Wii-Mote for running...shake it like the Sambas from Samba-de-Amigo???Myfingers still hurt from the last nights DecAthlete session (compilation of Segas own Olypic Games on the Saturn) so it whould be nice as long as I have only to do it once...11 times and it will hurt too I bet...

CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 CooVee
Member since 2005 • 2161 Posts
You know they could have just added Sonic to Smash Bros Brawl rather then make this odd game based on the Beijing Olympics.
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ash2X

You know they could have just added Sonic to Smash Bros Brawl rather then make this odd game based on the Beijing Olympics.CooVee

Ever played Sonic the Fighter?You won´t do it...but I´m not a fan of Smash Brothers,the Naruto brawlers and Battle Station D.O.N anyway...gets me bored after I played them once...but at least the game had a bit more "sense" ;)