This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by realguitarhero5 (3900 posts) -

Is it still active on PS2, or should I pick it up on PC?

#2 Posted by Shenmue_Jehuty (5207 posts) -

If you mean the online community, then you definitely want to pick it up on the PC; the PS2 online community, while never all that vibrant to begin with, is dead at this point and has been for several years.

#3 Posted by OB-47 (10908 posts) -

It was never thriving on the PS2, and it's most likely been dead for years. Pick up the PC version. It'll also have mods and stuff

#4 Posted by realguitarhero5 (3900 posts) -

Ah well. I bought a PS2 a while ago and have been looking for a variety of games to play. I never owned a PS2. It just so happens that Battlefront II piqued my interest this afternoon.

#5 Posted by OB-47 (10908 posts) -

Ah well. I bought a PS2 a while ago and have been looking for a variety of games to play. I never owned a PS2. It just so happens that Battlefront II piqued my interest this afternoon.

realguitarhero5

It's still good fun on the PS2 if you're up for some split screen and stuff, but if you want a community go for the PC.

#6 Posted by Masenkoe (4888 posts) -

I wouldn't expect to be playing anything online on PS2.

#7 Posted by realguitarhero5 (3900 posts) -

Masenkoe
You never know, it seems like Gears of War 1 was just released this fall in Mexico if you head online :P... I hope that doesn't come off as racist or offensive...
#8 Posted by OB-47 (10908 posts) -

[QUOTE="Masenkoe"]

realguitarhero5

You never know, it seems like Gears of War 1 was just released this fall in Mexico if you head online :P... I hope that doesn't come off as racist or offensive...

Yeah but Xbox 360's online has always been huge. PS2's online was miniscule outside of a few games from the get go, and it wasn't very good.

#9 Posted by ristactionjakso (5666 posts) -

PC if you want a thriving community.

PS2 if you have friends to play splitscreen with offline.

#10 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (977 posts) -

There are still a handful of PS2 games still with the servers up. Battlefront 2 is one of them.

However, i should think the community is all but dead as it wasn't very popular back in 2007/08, even less now methinks. I use those years as an example because that was the period i was playing PS2 games online. My experiences with this game in particular were not great. Most games were set to play the "Hunt" mode, which IMO is the weakest of those on offer and that kinda put me off.

If you're desperate to play your Playstation2 online then 'Battlefield: Modern Combat' is the most likely to offer any kind of population, it was always the busiest (and most fun) when i was playing online.

Though you're still better off playing both games on PC.

Battlefront 2 is still fun playing on your own or with friends though.

#11 Posted by ristactionjakso (5666 posts) -

There are still a handful of PS2 games still with the servers up. Battlefront 2 is one of them.

However, i should think the community is all but dead as it wasn't very popular back in 2007/08, even less now methinks. I use those years as an example because that was the period i was playing PS2 games online. My experiences with this game in particular were not great. Most games were set to play the "Hunt" mode, which IMO is the weakest of those on offer and that kinda put me off.

If you're desperate to play your Playstation2 online then 'Battlefield: Modern Combat' is the most likely to offer any kind of population, it was always the busiest (and most fun) when i was playing online.

Though you're still better off playing both games on PC.

Battlefront 2 is still fun playing on your own or with friends though.

BarbaricAvatar

I think Killzone 1 has the most people playing it online for the ps2. Not to sure tho. But im sure the server is still up.