Battlefield 4 vs. Call of Duty Ghosts

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChargersRool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ChargersRool
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I'm wondering what other people's opinions are towards the game they're rooting for. Only neutral arguments at the most. Provide information why you think the game is better.
marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Was once a loyal call of duty fan, than I switched over to bf.

I think bf4 will do better than ghosts.. I can't put finger on it, but I just can't stand call of duty anymore. I miss Call of duty 2-4.

Either way both will sell tons of copies and will be popular.

A_MExican21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 A_MExican21
Member since 2013 • 174 Posts

Battlefield 4 definetely, it has a lot more to do, including all the vehicles. I have also played Cod longer and would get bored of it quicker than Battlefield.

ChargersRool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ChargersRool
Haha we all have something in common, same goes for me, but the new COD looks tons better then the last one I must say.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
ill let you know when i see mp footage. BF4 looks like its going to kill cod (not in sales) and im more excited for it.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"]ill let you know when i see mp footage. BF4 looks like its going to kill cod (not in sales) and im more excited for it.

Yeah, we haven't seen the new cod mp footage. And by new I mean monotonous and recycled. No way BF4 sells more though.
redshirt44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 redshirt44
I could never really get into Battlefield 3 and I liked Black Ops 2. I'll probably end up going with Ghosts when it comes out.
I-AM-N00B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 I-AM-N00B
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

I like both franchises but prefer Call Of Duty as it gives me a better overall experience. I am very excited for the launch of Call Of Duty: Ghosts and I am very intrigued by this new offering, and to see whether its a return to form for the series after the mild disappointment of Black Ops 2. I will probably get the new Battlefield game as well though! I believe that CoD: Ghosts will easily be the best selling game of the year!

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts
Both are massively meh. I can't believe how much Battlefield is starting to stagnate. They could have at least used another setting (LIKE A 2142 SEQUEL HUH DICE?), or made a jokey game. Now it's "super-serious", "super-real", "Tombstone Squad" crap. I actually think the premise in Ghosts is better. I can't believe I'm actually saying this.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Neither

Avatar image for AbstractRadical
AbstractRadical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AbstractRadical
Member since 2013 • 632 Posts
Easily BF4.
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Baroni88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Baroni88
Member since 2011 • 345 Posts

Flubbbs
This exactly. BF should blow them outta the water!
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Battlefield 4 for single-player campaign. Call of Duty Ghosts for the multi-player experience.

ChargersRool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ChargersRool

Battlefield 4 for single-player campaign. Call of Duty Ghosts for the multi-player experience.

Ricardomz
I thought it was the other way around? COD usually has the better campaigns as everyone says, and BF4 has 64 player online...
Hseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hseptic
Member since 2003 • 1566 Posts
I hope they're both awesome, and I think they will be.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Single Player = COD

Multi-player = BF

That's the way I feel. 

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

I was never a fps fan until I finally had the pleasure of experiencing Bioshock 1. Then I ended up trying BF3 on PS Plus and became hooked. After watching various COD vids, BF4 definitely has my vote due to the more team oriented, strategic gameplay versus running around the map in COD like a maniac racking up cheap kills.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#20 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
I'm wondering what other people's opinions are towards the game they're rooting for. Only neutral arguments at the most. Provide information why you think the game is better.ChargersRool
Not rooting for Call of Dogs or Bambifield 400. I cant even begin to explain how insane it is that those game have become so popular and it defies every logic and shows the human race is doomed :D
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Battlefield 4, obviously!

COD is just shit. It's covered with killstreaks and other stupid shit, and it doesn't even take skill.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#22 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

i'm going Battlefield 4 for sure. 

not even considering the singleplayer which i'll for sure play, but have no high expectations. 

but the multiplayer dynamics (soldiers, vehicles, levolution, the re-introduction of commander mode) makes it literally one of the only shooters that i'll play and invest time in.

For me as a gamer there have been only 3 shooters where i've put real time in.

Battlefiled franchise.

Crysis 2

Resistance 2 and 3. 

that's it. 

ddlcpc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ddlcpc
Member since 2007 • 887 Posts

played cod loved MW2 and COD 4 (kind of) got bored and lost hope for FPS then came BFBC2 've been havin fun ever since...

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

I usually like the Battlefield games better, so I'm expecting 4 to be better than COD ghosts as well... I'm not sure if I'll play either one though.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I'm probably going to get Battlefield 4 and skip COD this year. Ghosts just doesn't look appealing to me at all, and while Battlefield 4 doesn't look especially great either it looks better than Ghosts at the moment... both franchises are starting to annoying me with the ever increasing amounts of DLC and more recently microtransactions being put into them. 

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

Not rooting for Call of Dogs or Bambifield 400. I cant even begin to explain how insane it is that those game have become so popular and it defies every logic and shows the human race is doomed :DJacanuk

Lol, I used to be anti-fps as well but I'd say COD is like MTV and Battlefield is VH1. Both cheesy crap stations but every once in a while, VH1 will show some cool shit like Rock Docs or Behind The Music.

Battlefield is basically the same way with an edge on multiplayer. Both games have crap campaigns, but with Battlefield, you can actually have some good, strategic, team matches playing with the right people where you can do more than rack up kills to be a good player.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

Single Player = COD

Multi-player = BF

That's the way I feel.

gameofthering

Pretty much this, I'd just like to add:

MP with Bots for quick shooting fun = COD

Still I'm all for Battlefield as well ^^

Guess I pass on Ghosts too

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I have played CoD 4 (good game), CoD MW2 (awful game), and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 (horrendous game).  I have seen others played as well.  Needless to say, I am not a fan.  I cannot wait for BF4 though.  CoD is just trash in so many ways.  BF actually has good audio, graphics, controls, and in my opinion, much more fun, skill based, and innovative gameplay.

vman29397

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30 vman29397

I have played games from each franchise and I am not a fan of infinity wards games and the fact that all recent cods have been similar I have chose battlefield

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts

I love the realism BF4 has to offer. COD hasn't changed. BF4 all day.

BigCat2K20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#32  Edited By BigCat2K20
Member since 2004 • 426 Posts

@ChargersRool said:
I'm wondering what other people's opinions are towards the game they're rooting for. Only neutral arguments at the most. Provide information why you think the game is better.

Neither. COD 2, Black Ops 1 & COD 4 are great COD games. Most of them are horribly bad to the point of walking away from COD series altogether. I don't know if Ghosts will be better than rest of them or be worse than Black Ops 2. The last BF game was any good is Bad Company 2. BF3 will ALWAYS be the most overrated (good, but not great) game of the series. I'll skip BF4 (I don't see the big deal with 64 player on Xbox 1/PS4 when Resistance 2 had 60+ player limit on PS3) & wait on Bad Company 3.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Battlefield 4 has this awesome graphics with fantastic destruction n physics which brings a unique gameplay experience, i believe BF4 is the only game out there that makes graphics part of gameplay n this a great achievement !

I hope this year we see sth different from CoD but i'd prefer BF4 .

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#34  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

Umm... Halo.

phoenix5352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 phoenix5352
Member since 2011 • 387 Posts

I always am interested in the story part of the game, bf4 looked more promising but based on the reviews bf4 doesn't have one, so I hope the cod ghosts provide a better one . coming on to the graphics bf4 is better and based on gameplay both of them were always the same, and I think they will be same even now.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#36 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@ChargersRool said:

Both games are crap but if i had to choose , i would go for BF4 mp. they seem to have nailed it this time.

Singleplayer in both games are almost unplayable and horrible.

wzd86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By wzd86
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

So is it true that BF 4 will run 720p on X1 and 900p on PS4?

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

There is no doubt BF is the superior series. It has been for a few games in a row now. The mob just buys CoD because of it's popularity and simplicity.

Which doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. BF4 can involve more time to play right, including good teamwork. CoD you just run amok and shoot people in the face as fast as possible...it's arguable more accessible. If, however, you are looking for more depth and better mechanics, BF is the way to go.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

For a MFPS the only thing that matters is Multiplayer , Battlefield is superior in multiplayer without a doubt undoubtedly so BF it is !

Parado_xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#40 Parado_xx
Member since 2011 • 111 Posts

I prefer singleplayer over multiplayer, so one would think I'd go for CoD. However, I just can't help but thinking CoD has become so unintersting (not that I find any of them particularly interesting), so I'll probably have to go for Battlefield, mainly because of the graphics. So yeah, in the end I might eventually buy Battlefielf 4. I highly doubt I'm gonna spend any money on CoD anymore, though.

Avatar image for islandwarrior23
Islandwarrior23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41 Islandwarrior23

@Cyberdot: How can you say it doesn't take skill? That's just ignorant. Every game takes some sort of skill.

Morrydwen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Morrydwen
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts

The last FPS I actually enjoyed was F.E.A.R. It was a true pc action-game. These days with Battlefield X, COD Y and Crysis Z are just too mind-numbingly boring. You feel rail-roaded all the way. These games are in fact ggg-movies where they sometimes give the player control. When you get control, it reduces to: hide behind cover, ironsight, hide behind cover, ....

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

COD Ghosts will be featured in the MLG 2014 so obviously I'm not going to waste my time playing casual Battlefield games.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Battlefield by a wide margin. Offers a lot more variety in terms of gameplay. It has a more natural progression system and not all these gamey perks and stuff. The biggest battles offer amazing moments that just don't happen in COD.

princetrase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 princetrase
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Well, none of these opinions would be valid until CoD: Ghosts is released on Tuesday. I enjoy both games, but I think I'll be playing on CoD: Ghosts more than I would on BF4.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#46 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Honestly, if I needed to choose, I'd definitely go with BF4. Tons of customization, and the destruction looks too awesome to pass up.

d3chu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 d3chu
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts

@SKaREO: Lol does BF being all up in ESL instead of MLG somehow make it a casual game?

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

ESL? What's that, English as a second language?

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#49  Edited By Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

It all comes down to multiplayer and what's better for the players individually. I'm so used to COD by this point that I would have a hard time getting used to BF and its destructibility environments...

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

I played some Battlefield here and there and while I did enjoy it I always preferred the Call of Duty games much more in both single-player and multiplayer. I'm so excited to pick up Ghosts tonight at midnight, I can't wait.