Battlefield 4 vs. Call of Duty Ghosts

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ChargersRool (4 posts) -
I'm wondering what other people's opinions are towards the game they're rooting for. Only neutral arguments at the most. Provide information why you think the game is better.
#2 Posted by marcheegsr (2831 posts) -

Was once a loyal call of duty fan, than I switched over to bf.

I think bf4 will do better than ghosts.. I can't put finger on it, but I just can't stand call of duty anymore. I miss Call of duty 2-4.

Either way both will sell tons of copies and will be popular.

#3 Posted by A_MExican21 (116 posts) -

Battlefield 4 definetely, it has a lot more to do, including all the vehicles. I have also played Cod longer and would get bored of it quicker than Battlefield.

#4 Posted by ChargersRool (4 posts) -
Haha we all have something in common, same goes for me, but the new COD looks tons better then the last one I must say.
#5 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
ill let you know when i see mp footage. BF4 looks like its going to kill cod (not in sales) and im more excited for it.
#6 Posted by firefox59 (4402 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"]ill let you know when i see mp footage. BF4 looks like its going to kill cod (not in sales) and im more excited for it.

Yeah, we haven't seen the new cod mp footage. And by new I mean monotonous and recycled. No way BF4 sells more though.
#7 Posted by redshirt44 (12 posts) -
I could never really get into Battlefield 3 and I liked Black Ops 2. I'll probably end up going with Ghosts when it comes out.
#8 Posted by I-AM-N00B (410 posts) -

I like both franchises but prefer Call Of Duty as it gives me a better overall experience. I am very excited for the launch of Call Of Duty: Ghosts and I am very intrigued by this new offering, and to see whether its a return to form for the series after the mild disappointment of Black Ops 2. I will probably get the new Battlefield game as well though! I believe that CoD: Ghosts will easily be the best selling game of the year!

#9 Posted by chaplainDMK (6841 posts) -
Both are massively meh. I can't believe how much Battlefield is starting to stagnate. They could have at least used another setting (LIKE A 2142 SEQUEL HUH DICE?), or made a jokey game. Now it's "super-serious", "super-real", "Tombstone Squad" crap. I actually think the premise in Ghosts is better. I can't believe I'm actually saying this.
#10 Posted by sukraj (23023 posts) -

Neither

#11 Posted by AbstractRadical (629 posts) -
Easily BF4.
#12 Posted by Flubbbs (3137 posts) -

#13 Posted by Baroni88 (340 posts) -

Flubbbs
This exactly. BF should blow them outta the water!
#14 Posted by Ricardomz (2329 posts) -

Battlefield 4 for single-player campaign. Call of Duty Ghosts for the multi-player experience.

#16 Posted by ChargersRool (4 posts) -

Battlefield 4 for single-player campaign. Call of Duty Ghosts for the multi-player experience.

Ricardomz
I thought it was the other way around? COD usually has the better campaigns as everyone says, and BF4 has 64 player online...
#17 Posted by Hseptic (1566 posts) -
I hope they're both awesome, and I think they will be.
#18 Posted by gameofthering (10305 posts) -

Single Player = COD

Multi-player = BF

That's the way I feel. 

#19 Posted by HipHopBeats (2899 posts) -

I was never a fps fan until I finally had the pleasure of experiencing Bioshock 1. Then I ended up trying BF3 on PS Plus and became hooked. After watching various COD vids, BF4 definitely has my vote due to the more team oriented, strategic gameplay versus running around the map in COD like a maniac racking up cheap kills.

#20 Posted by Jacanuk (4709 posts) -
I'm wondering what other people's opinions are towards the game they're rooting for. Only neutral arguments at the most. Provide information why you think the game is better.ChargersRool
Not rooting for Call of Dogs or Bambifield 400. I cant even begin to explain how insane it is that those game have become so popular and it defies every logic and shows the human race is doomed :D
#21 Posted by Cyberdot (3538 posts) -

Battlefield 4, obviously!

COD is just shit. It's covered with killstreaks and other stupid shit, and it doesn't even take skill.

#22 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

i'm going Battlefield 4 for sure. 

not even considering the singleplayer which i'll for sure play, but have no high expectations. 

but the multiplayer dynamics (soldiers, vehicles, levolution, the re-introduction of commander mode) makes it literally one of the only shooters that i'll play and invest time in.

For me as a gamer there have been only 3 shooters where i've put real time in.

Battlefiled franchise.

Crysis 2

Resistance 2 and 3. 

that's it. 

#23 Posted by ddlcpc (859 posts) -

played cod loved MW2 and COD 4 (kind of) got bored and lost hope for FPS then came BFBC2 've been havin fun ever since...

#24 Posted by lensflare15 (6182 posts) -

I usually like the Battlefield games better, so I'm expecting 4 to be better than COD ghosts as well... I'm not sure if I'll play either one though.

#26 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

I'm probably going to get Battlefield 4 and skip COD this year. Ghosts just doesn't look appealing to me at all, and while Battlefield 4 doesn't look especially great either it looks better than Ghosts at the moment... both franchises are starting to annoying me with the ever increasing amounts of DLC and more recently microtransactions being put into them. 

#27 Posted by HipHopBeats (2899 posts) -

Not rooting for Call of Dogs or Bambifield 400. I cant even begin to explain how insane it is that those game have become so popular and it defies every logic and shows the human race is doomed :DJacanuk

Lol, I used to be anti-fps as well but I'd say COD is like MTV and Battlefield is VH1. Both cheesy crap stations but every once in a while, VH1 will show some cool shit like Rock Docs or Behind The Music.

Battlefield is basically the same way with an edge on multiplayer. Both games have crap campaigns, but with Battlefield, you can actually have some good, strategic, team matches playing with the right people where you can do more than rack up kills to be a good player.

#28 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

Single Player = COD

Multi-player = BF

That's the way I feel.

gameofthering

Pretty much this, I'd just like to add:

MP with Bots for quick shooting fun = COD

Still I'm all for Battlefield as well ^^

Guess I pass on Ghosts too

#29 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

I have played CoD 4 (good game), CoD MW2 (awful game), and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 (horrendous game).  I have seen others played as well.  Needless to say, I am not a fan.  I cannot wait for BF4 though.  CoD is just trash in so many ways.  BF actually has good audio, graphics, controls, and in my opinion, much more fun, skill based, and innovative gameplay.

#30 Posted by vman29397 (6 posts) -

I have played games from each franchise and I am not a fan of infinity wards games and the fact that all recent cods have been similar I have chose battlefield

#31 Posted by n00bkid (4161 posts) -

I love the realism BF4 has to offer. COD hasn't changed. BF4 all day.

#32 Edited by BigCat2K20 (249 posts) -

@ChargersRool said:
I'm wondering what other people's opinions are towards the game they're rooting for. Only neutral arguments at the most. Provide information why you think the game is better.

Neither. COD 2, Black Ops 1 & COD 4 are great COD games. Most of them are horribly bad to the point of walking away from COD series altogether. I don't know if Ghosts will be better than rest of them or be worse than Black Ops 2. The last BF game was any good is Bad Company 2. BF3 will ALWAYS be the most overrated (good, but not great) game of the series. I'll skip BF4 (I don't see the big deal with 64 player on Xbox 1/PS4 when Resistance 2 had 60+ player limit on PS3) & wait on Bad Company 3.

#33 Posted by mjorh (801 posts) -

Battlefield 4 has this awesome graphics with fantastic destruction n physics which brings a unique gameplay experience, i believe BF4 is the only game out there that makes graphics part of gameplay n this a great achievement !

I hope this year we see sth different from CoD but i'd prefer BF4 .

#34 Edited by ZZoMBiE13 (22911 posts) -

Umm... Halo.

#35 Posted by phoenix5352 (60 posts) -

I always am interested in the story part of the game, bf4 looked more promising but based on the reviews bf4 doesn't have one, so I hope the cod ghosts provide a better one . coming on to the graphics bf4 is better and based on gameplay both of them were always the same, and I think they will be same even now.

#36 Posted by Jacanuk (4709 posts) -

@ChargersRool said:

Both games are crap but if i had to choose , i would go for BF4 mp. they seem to have nailed it this time.

Singleplayer in both games are almost unplayable and horrible.

#37 Edited by wzd86 (16 posts) -

So is it true that BF 4 will run 720p on X1 and 900p on PS4?

#38 Posted by demi0227_basic (914 posts) -

There is no doubt BF is the superior series. It has been for a few games in a row now. The mob just buys CoD because of it's popularity and simplicity.

Which doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. BF4 can involve more time to play right, including good teamwork. CoD you just run amok and shoot people in the face as fast as possible...it's arguable more accessible. If, however, you are looking for more depth and better mechanics, BF is the way to go.

#39 Posted by mjorh (801 posts) -

For a MFPS the only thing that matters is Multiplayer , Battlefield is superior in multiplayer without a doubt undoubtedly so BF it is !

#40 Posted by Parado_xx (95 posts) -

I prefer singleplayer over multiplayer, so one would think I'd go for CoD. However, I just can't help but thinking CoD has become so unintersting (not that I find any of them particularly interesting), so I'll probably have to go for Battlefield, mainly because of the graphics. So yeah, in the end I might eventually buy Battlefielf 4. I highly doubt I'm gonna spend any money on CoD anymore, though.

#41 Posted by Islandwarrior23 (7 posts) -

@Cyberdot: How can you say it doesn't take skill? That's just ignorant. Every game takes some sort of skill.

#42 Posted by Morrydwen (9 posts) -

The last FPS I actually enjoyed was F.E.A.R. It was a true pc action-game. These days with Battlefield X, COD Y and Crysis Z are just too mind-numbingly boring. You feel rail-roaded all the way. These games are in fact ggg-movies where they sometimes give the player control. When you get control, it reduces to: hide behind cover, ironsight, hide behind cover, ....

#43 Posted by SKaREO (3161 posts) -

COD Ghosts will be featured in the MLG 2014 so obviously I'm not going to waste my time playing casual Battlefield games.

#44 Posted by Sushiglutton (5328 posts) -

Battlefield by a wide margin. Offers a lot more variety in terms of gameplay. It has a more natural progression system and not all these gamey perks and stuff. The biggest battles offer amazing moments that just don't happen in COD.

#45 Posted by princetrase (19 posts) -

Well, none of these opinions would be valid until CoD: Ghosts is released on Tuesday. I enjoy both games, but I think I'll be playing on CoD: Ghosts more than I would on BF4.

#46 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16788 posts) -

Honestly, if I needed to choose, I'd definitely go with BF4. Tons of customization, and the destruction looks too awesome to pass up.

#47 Posted by d3chu (10 posts) -

@SKaREO: Lol does BF being all up in ESL instead of MLG somehow make it a casual game?

#48 Posted by SKaREO (3161 posts) -

ESL? What's that, English as a second language?

#49 Edited by Metamania (12015 posts) -

It all comes down to multiplayer and what's better for the players individually. I'm so used to COD by this point that I would have a hard time getting used to BF and its destructibility environments...

#50 Posted by Archangel3371 (15728 posts) -

I played some Battlefield here and there and while I did enjoy it I always preferred the Call of Duty games much more in both single-player and multiplayer. I'm so excited to pick up Ghosts tonight at midnight, I can't wait.