"Battlefield 4 Damaged Player Trust" - says producer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Well duh! They released the game a year too early

The bug plagued launch of Battlefield 4 put a dent in player trust of DICE, something that will require more than words to overcome, DICE LA producer David Sirland says.

I can absolutely say that we lost trust in the game’s launch and the early parts of the year.

Sirland said that since the launch, a lot of words have been said about how Hardline will be different. However, the best way to gain back player trust is to deliver, he said.

I don’t want to say anything because I want to do. I want them to look at what we’re doing and what we are going to do and that would be my answer. I think we have to do things to get them to trust us, not say things to get them to trust us. Show by doing.

I think we have to earn [trust] back. That’s why I’m here. That’s my end goal. I want to earn our trust back and I want to make them happy and like Battlefield again.

Battlefield Hardline was originally set for release this month, but was delayed until February 2015.

Vanine_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 Vanine_28
Member since 2007 • 572 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: BF4 is the reason I will be buying CoD this year.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Well duh! They released the game a year too early

The bug plagued launch of Battlefield 4 put a dent in player trust of DICE, something that will require more than words to overcome, DICE LA producer David Sirland says.

I can absolutely say that we lost trust in the game’s launch and the early parts of the year.

Sirland said that since the launch, a lot of words have been said about how Hardline will be different. However, the best way to gain back player trust is to deliver, he said.

I don’t want to say anything because I want to do. I want them to look at what we’re doing and what we are going to do and that would be my answer. I think we have to do things to get them to trust us, not say things to get them to trust us. Show by doing.

I think we have to earn [trust] back. That’s why I’m here. That’s my end goal. I want to earn our trust back and I want to make them happy and like Battlefield again.

Battlefield Hardline was originally set for release this month, but was delayed until February 2015.

Hmm, not sure why they would mention Hardline, they are only consultants on that and Viseral is the lead developer which you can feel instantly when you turn on the game.

Anyways Dice has made a good engine and if they get someone better at using it behind them im sure we will see it live up to its full potential.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Wow....... I didn't know Hardline was delayed. This is news to me.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Of course it damaged trust. Hell for the last 4 months I couldn't play the game no matter what I tried. I finally get it going a week ago and now the game doesn't recognize my downloaded dlc. So in total for the majority of time I've had this game I couldn't play it and it now doesn't even want to recognize the extras i gladly payed the extra $40 to get. Never again...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk: i still think EA pushed BF 4 out the door before it was done

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

You can't blame them for wanting to get the game out for the next gen launch. You can blame them for failing to execute that and the horrible online, but the actual release date makes sense.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

And you are absolutely right, it was a graphically great game, but single player was the worst i have ever played and who in their right mind at Dice or EA would even think about using Battlelog.

BF4 was a and still is a shitty product.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I'm considering buying the game for PS4 sometime.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

And you are absolutely right, it was a graphically great game, but single player was the worst i have ever played and who in their right mind at Dice or EA would even think about using Battlelog.

BF4 was a and still is a shitty product.

I have played Destiny way more than i have that game, and Destiny is suppose to suck

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#11 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

wow and i was getting ready to buy this game in a few weeks.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By watchdogsrules

@The_Last_Ride: well no, battlefield hardline is coming march 31 of 2015

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Last_Ride

@watchdogsrules said:

@The_Last_Ride: well no, battlefield hardline is coming march 31 of 2015

What are you talking about? This is about Battlefield 4

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 watchdogsrules

@The_Last_Ride: well at the end you said, "Battlefield Hardline was originally set for release this month, but was delayed until February 2015" but the release date is really march 31 of next year. i checked literally 2 days ago.