Battlefield 1942 now free on Origin

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by c_rakestraw (14710 posts) -

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/html/pbPage.demos-en_US

All you need is an Origin account and the client and you're good to go. Deal's good till March 1, 2013.

#2 Posted by Pvt_r3d (7897 posts) -
Maybe it's time to re-install the game since everyone is going to revisit it due to the announcement. I have fond memories of 1942; hopefully, the game is still enjoyable.
#3 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

Maybe it's time to re-install the game since everyone is going to revisit it due to the announcement. I have fond memories of 1942; hopefully, the game is still enjoyable.Pvt_r3d

At least it's theme song isn't all electric farting :P

But seriously. I just bought a lot of those older BF games over the course of the past months since BF3 really made me a big fan of the franchise so I own all of them also as CD with all of their Add Ons. And 1942...mh dunno, I didn't found it to be very interesting. It's pretty outdated nowadays. It'll certainly WILL get some traffic up, but most people will just check it out out of curiosity and then drop it because there are 1000000 x better BF games and other games like this on the market these days. Nostalgia alone nor it's epic theme song won't save it there.