Batman: Arkham Knight

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

I think this is the REAL Arkham City sequel, and WB shouldn't have wasted money on that shitty ass Origins game that was a blatant and shameless cash grab that was terrible. Shame on them.

Most casual gamers won't know that Rocksteady developed this one as opposed to the crappy developer that developed Origins, and may grow fatigue with the Arkham series, since it's not yet established that Batman may see annual releases like Assassins Creed. Being able to roam around Gotham City is promising but I'm afraid there will be some limited scope to this, and it won't quite be the size of Los Santos. Gotham City is modeled after New York City, it's freaking enormous, both in raw land mass and even density. It's probably a little bigger than Los Santos, and just as dense as Arkham City. I'll be really surprised if they pull that off. If they do, it would take more than the Batmobile, you would need the damn jet!

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

@Metamania: It is hands down the best TMNT game of all time. Not to mention it outshone Arkham Origins as the best beatem up last year. And you can take my word on that- you know that I'm all about Punchin' Stuff.

Everything from the very distinct identities of the four characters to the roles they play in combat is exceptional. What glitches there are can be frustrating, but they're also fixable/avoidable. Co Op play is troublesome, but it's unavoidable considering your power moves are based on your combo counter, and an uncoordinated team(and more often than not, a coordinated team, too) will break each other's combos constantly.

Swapping characters mid battle(even mid combo) is also a bit of brilliance, especially when they all play so differently.

I think the problem with so many of the reviews came down to a lack of understanding- so many reviewers went into the game expecting another Arkham game that when it proved to be so different, they didn't bother to learn how to play it, and instead called it 'broken,' and 'unplayable.'

All I need to make my retro franchise fixation complete is a new-style Double Dragon(DD Neon was a modern update of the old-style beatem up, which is totally different).