Batman: Arkham Knight

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#1 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

It is real. What do you think?

What are your hopes?

What are your fears?

What are your dreams?

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#2 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

@ FIrst off, let me say that I've been waiting for this since Asylum City. After the abomination that was Arkham Origins, despite some memorable moments and even some good ideas in it, I've been ready to dig myself deep into a new Batman game made by Rocksteady. They have been really good with Asylum and City. Whereas Asylum won me over with the first game to ever feel like Batman, along with a great, tightly-focused story, City improved just about everything I loved about Asylum and more.

Now with Knight, I hope they really take it to the next level and give us the ultimate, definitive Batman experience. I have a feeling that few gamers, like myself, will be ready for the challenge maps and all that. The Batmobile is finally a wish that we've been waiting to see granted, since it's the one we wanted to do since the birth of the first Batman title, but never happened until now, so that's pretty cool.

I also hope they make the missions a lot more expansive, the villains given their own time to shine properly, etc. There's a lot to wait and see on, but I just hope for a much, much better experience than what WBM gave with Origins.

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DarthGumballs
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

I think the series should have ended, or at least taken a break, after City. Arkham Asylum and City felt like the exact same game, it just got repetitive and boring too quickly. I imagine Origins is more of the same, so why do the same damn thing for the third and fourth time?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

After the absolute disaster they called Batman Origins its good to see a new batman game from the only ones who can make it.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#5  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Neat trailer, but I'd like to see some info on the new stuff. will we have full control of the bat vehicles? When does this story take place? I'm hoping it's after City somehow, that way the don't rely on the Joker.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

Am I the only one noticing the lack of the PS360 logos on the end page?

It looks like I'll be skipping this one in favor of Shadow of Mordor.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mjorh

According to the description, the game is the “explosive finale in the Batman Arkham series” where players will “take to the rooftop and now – the roads of Gotham as for the first time the iconic Batmobile becomes driveable”.

As the retail listing suggests, Arkham Knight, according to game director Sefton Hill, “is the natural end for the story… we really want to go out in style.”

Set one year after the events of Arkham City, Game Informer states that a entirely new area of Gotham City is featured in the game, and the map is “far larger than Arkham City”.

The streets are wider to accommodate the Batmobile, and villains include Scarecrow, Penguin, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, and others.

Scarecrow has returned to “unite Gotham’s most feared villains” and there’s some sort of Harley Quinn DLC listed on the retail box GAME posted as well.

You can have a look at the Game Informer cover below and the debut trailer above, and there’s some artwork for Harley Quinn and the official announcement art below as well.

The title is out this year, and last week, a GameStop employee showed a link to the store’s database, hinting at an October listing which would coincide with other releases in the series.

Also last week, a shot of a Batman banner which is to be hung in GameStop stores lead to speculation of the new Batman title from Rocksteady. This information was combined with confirmation from an employee at the chain, along with news of a press-junket held regarding the game in Europe.

Bat’s out of the bag now, officially.

Those who subscribe to Game Informer digitally will be able to download the magazine later today on PC/Mac, iPad, Android, and Google Play. So, expect a full rundown of the game to appear on NeoGAF later.

forevercanbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 forevercanbe
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

We know the fighting mechanics will be great but how will the car handle. Would be good to hear that they got someone with a history of car games to make that work. Does this mean that it's open world and you can drive anytime?

As this isn't game play footage, time will tell how much of a leap this will be over the last few. I am hoping his cape moves like that!! Never got into the last two games in the series so I am hoping they can freshen it up for this one. I could do without the Joker this time and not seeing him in the trailer is a good indicator for that.

I would expect them to have gameplay at E3. Interest to see how long they've been working on it.

Hopefully it will be more great combat, worthwhile vehicle sections or free roam, more variety in the enemies and the voice work for them ("Kill The Batman", "It's the Batman", "He's over here").

The trailer does look like it ticks many boxes and will appeal to young and old.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mjorh

I'm losin it , can't be more excited !

I believe in Rocksteady n i'm sure as hell we'll be playing a masterpiece !

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

If this was in the pipeline, as it had to have been for years now, I can't believe they still went ahead with Origins. Batman won't last as a yearly franchise. Especially not when they're one great studio and one that makes below average products.

The trailer looks exciting. And 2-Face is my favorite Bat-villain so it's hard not to be a little intrigued. But man, Origins left such a bad taste on the palette. It literally damaged the brand for me. This new one may say Rocksteady and that is good news, but I can't believe they're going to take their most valuable property and just start shoving them out the door annually.

I'm pretty self aware. I know I'll bitch about it, but probably still end up playing it at some point because I do like this series (when Rocksteady is in charge). But these are not games I want or need every year. Not everything needs to be Call of Duty gaming industry, no matter how much you want it to be.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#12 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts
@El_Zo1212o said:

I've read numerous places that it's on PC, PS4 and XBONE. I am excited that it's NEXT GEN ONLY. I am really looking forward to this game. In other news though, Shadow of Mordor looks REALLY GOOD.

Release date seems to be: 10.14.14

(http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/04/the-new-batman-game-is-batman-arkham-knight)

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44129 Posts

Holy shit. That trailer was freakin' amazing. New Batman on the current gen systems made by Rocksteady? Take my money already! I skipped Origins but absolutely loved Asylum and City. So very happy to hear Scarecrow is back too.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Batmobile? Take my money. Ill be getting this.

SolaireBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SolaireBro
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

The possibilities for what a fully upgraded Batmobile could be capable of is exciting in itself.

I kinda wish they had gone with someone other than Scarecrow for a villain, mostly because I worry they'll overuse and water down the hallucinogen sequences that were so special from the first game.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 El_Zo1212o

@jasonredemption: Shadow of Mordor looks like it's going to be amazing- dumbed down nemesis system or no.

Batman: Arkham Asylum hooked me tough with the best melee combat system in years. Arkham City expanded on everything that was great about it's predecessor. Origins, however, wounded the esteem I kept for the series, especially since it was the only game I ever payed for a season pass for. Frankly, I'm just not excited for another one, Rocksteady or no. And I'm sure as hell not about to spend the kind of dough necessary to buy in for a next-gen-only release.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jacanuk

@El_Zo1212o said:

hehe nice way of putting ps3 and x360 together.

But ya and thank the gaming gods for that, it looks to be all next gen and not be held back by inferior console hardware.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#18 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Next (current) gen only, Batmobile, and Rocksteady. Oh, and Scarecrow.

Yeah, day one. No question.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I'm glad it's only for the PC, XBone & PS4. I hope we see some in game footage or screenshots soon.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#20 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Looks awesome!

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

@dvader654: Hope somebody uploads the screenshots soon.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 El_Zo1212o

@dvader654: solid info. Good work as usual, Vader.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25  Edited By bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

@dvader654: Hush is going to be the main villain.

If you didn't catch my last post on your thread.

Source

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

looks very exciting (i wonder if those were in game graphics? that would be very cool. a stretch perhaps?).

i am dissapointed its not a superman game simply because i was hoping rocksteady were taking that on. we still dont have a proper superman game. maybey they will after this.

but it still looks very promising. note to self: finish asylum (im up to the killer croc fight....i hate jumpy things....:S) and get cracking on city (dont really want to start it until i finish asylum).

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@dvader654 said:

Details

• Last Batman game for Rocksteady, will work on something totally new next.
  • There will be a brand new villain, something made by Rocksteady that they say will be the ultimate test for Batman
  • Batmobile can be called at any moment with a button.
  • The city streets are much wider to allow for the batmobile. You will rocket jump off ramps and do all sorts of cool maneuvers.
  • You can eject jump out of the batmobile right into a super fast glide straight through the glass of a building to knock out enemies. They said glass breaking will be a big new thing.
  • New moves include being able to use all your gadgets during flight. You now have a counter throw where you counter a guy and throw him into another guy. A new quick ground takedown. A quick backflip where you then throw a batarang in an enemies face.
  • For the predator sections you can now chain takedowns of up to four enemies. For instance pop out of a grate and take one guy, jump to the next and so on. You can now enter grates from a distance, he will automatically do a jump or roll to enter them.
  • Riddler challenges seem to be car based. The first one has you enter a sort of Riddler race track where you have to activate walls and ramps, when you activate one another closes so as you drive you have to be constantly turning on and off these ramps as you navigate the course.
  • Batmobile fires missles and stun guns. It destroys anything it touches so if you bump into cars the cars go flying. It's basically unstoppable.
  • Story is that after Joker's death all the criminals decided to work together and their plan comes together this night where they plan to kill batman. The article talks mostly about Scarecrow, he scattered bombs throughout Gotham.
  • Oracle will play a larger role, you get to visit her base and talk to her, tons of batman easter eggs included.
  • Kevin Conroy is Batman, all the previous voice actors are back.
  • Gothom City is 5 times bigger than AC. Split into 3 areas. NO LOAD TIMES at all, entering buildings is seemless.
  • They spend a bunch of time talking about how detailed the models are, one character has more polygons than the environment of Asylum.
  • Batman will start off with the old batsuit and upgrade at some point in the game.
  • It says it is running on their modified Unreal engine.

I'm super hyped! Leave it to rocksteady to put incredible amounts of effort into their projects even if they don't need to. Batman is a super popular franchise yet they poured their heart and soul into Asylum. The sequel was going to sell regardless based on the success of the original, but Rocksteady did everything they could to improve and expand on Asylum more than pretty much any sequel has done before.

Hearing that they are changing things up and improving anything they can in new ways in this new game has my truly hyped.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#28 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Looks interesting

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Day freaking 1, so stoked that Harley Quinn will have a playable, yet probably limited role like Catwoman in City.

gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

Alright. I'll go next-gen now. Rocksteady returning to deliver the final installment. Must-have at this point.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Looks like it could be interesting, I am curious. If they show gameplay and it looks good then I am sold as I have bought the last few (Arkham Asylum on, that game was a huge surprise for me in quality when it came out).

On a personal level, man I am so glad they went with something from the Dark Knight for the Batmobile. I can not stand the older versions of the Batmobile (I have no idea what it is that makes me not like them, but the design just does not work for me in terms of what that car should be and for what it does/aims to achieve).

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

@dvader654 said:

Details

• Last Batman game for Rocksteady, will work on something totally new next.
  • There will be a brand new villain, something made by Rocksteady that they say will be the ultimate test for Batman
  • Batmobile can be called at any moment with a button.
  • The city streets are much wider to allow for the batmobile. You will rocket jump off ramps and do all sorts of cool maneuvers.
  • You can eject jump out of the batmobile right into a super fast glide straight through the glass of a building to knock out enemies. They said glass breaking will be a big new thing.
  • New moves include being able to use all your gadgets during flight. You now have a counter throw where you counter a guy and throw him into another guy. A new quick ground takedown. A quick backflip where you then throw a batarang in an enemies face.
  • For the predator sections you can now chain takedowns of up to four enemies. For instance pop out of a grate and take one guy, jump to the next and so on. You can now enter grates from a distance, he will automatically do a jump or roll to enter them.
  • Riddler challenges seem to be car based. The first one has you enter a sort of Riddler race track where you have to activate walls and ramps, when you activate one another closes so as you drive you have to be constantly turning on and off these ramps as you navigate the course.
  • Batmobile fires missles and stun guns. It destroys anything it touches so if you bump into cars the cars go flying. It's basically unstoppable.
  • Story is that after Joker's death all the criminals decided to work together and their plan comes together this night where they plan to kill batman. The article talks mostly about Scarecrow, he scattered bombs throughout Gotham.
  • Oracle will play a larger role, you get to visit her base and talk to her, tons of batman easter eggs included.
  • Kevin Conroy is Batman, all the previous voice actors are back.
  • Gothom City is 5 times bigger than AC. Split into 3 areas. NO LOAD TIMES at all, entering buildings is seemless.
  • They spend a bunch of time talking about how detailed the models are, one character has more polygons than the environment of Asylum.
  • Batman will start off with the old batsuit and upgrade at some point in the game.
  • It says it is running on their modified Unreal engine.

That all sounds awesome.

OK, I'm over that brief period of cynicism. I'm officially excited.

Thanks for posting all that stuff Dvader. :)

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

Quite possibly the best trailer i've seen in a long time, its nice to see rocksteady coming back so early this generation to finish the saga once and for all on a high note and move on to something new. They're a talented studio, they can do wonders to other IPs, not just from comic books. The posibilites are endless.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Sounds awesome!!!

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mjorh

THIS:

” We want to focus on making the best single-player experience we can. We don’t feel that it needs a multiplayer element."

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jacanuk

@mjorh said:

THIS:

” We want to focus on making the best single-player experience we can. We don’t feel that it needs a multiplayer element."

Ya i just fell in love with Rocksteady all over again :D i can't stand half arsed mp that causes the sp to a pile of .....

So how great that they focus on sp and not fall for the bad mp ideas.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#37 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

looks like I have to add a new game to my " most anticipated " List

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Metamania

@dvader654 Thank you! I just finished up reading the cover story for the game and I'm now truly excited for it. It seems like they really are going all-out and I get the feeling that the Riddler challenges will be more than just looking at someone and using detective vision to solve it. Awesome. :)

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mjorh

@Jacanuk said:

@mjorh said:

THIS:

Ya i just fell in love with Rocksteady all over again :D i can't stand half arsed mp that causes the sp to a pile of .....

So how great that they focus on sp and not fall for the bad mp ideas.

Yeah, Studios like Rocksteady know the value of SP n the importance of story...

@kingcrimson24 said:

looks like I have to add a new game to my " most anticipated " List

The Witcher 3 was my "most anticipated" but now it's Arkham Knight!

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Metamania

Is anyone also happy with the fact that Rocksteady is making this solely a single-player experience and not tacking on MP at all? It's one of the best decisions made. It's the way that every Arkham game should be. Arkham Origins's MP, from what I've seen, looks like crap and heavily unbalanced.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

A true next-gen Batman game produced by Rocksteady, a relatively new studio who've proven themselves with only two games to be one of the best developers in gaming presently?

What do I think? I think this will be one of the hardest waits for any game I've ever wanted, ever.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Metamania: why I love Rocksteady so much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#43 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I'm probably the only one but I have zero interest in driving the Batmobile...

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

It's a bit too Dark Knight-ish for my taste. Still, Rocksteady is back on board so I'm looking forward to it.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 El_Zo1212o

I believe there was potential in the concept of Arkham MP. The problem was they made it a predator MP mode instead of a combat multiplayer mode. It should have been something more along the lines of Batman-vs-Deathstroke-vs-GCPD. GCPD thugs would be hostile to both players and so both would have to fight off the thugs to get to each other. That could have been cool.

I will say, though, that if this is indeed the last hurrah for Batman: Arkham, it's pretty cool it's next-gen only.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Metamania

@El_Zo1212o said:

I believe there was potential in the concept of Arkham MP. The problem was they made it a predator MP mode instead of a combat multiplayer mode. It should have been something more along the lines of Batman-vs-Deathstroke-vs-GCPD. GCPD thugs would be hostile to both players and so both would have to fight off the thugs to get to each other. That could have been cool.

I will say, though, that if this is indeed the last hurrah for Batman: Arkham, it's pretty cool it's next-gen only.

Yeah, except that you're disappointed by that, aren't you? After all, they are moving on to the new consoles and not looking back at current-gen, which means you'll miss out unless you decide to pick up an Xbox One or a Playstation 4 in the future. At least Shadow Of Mordor will keep you company. :)

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Metamania

@MirkoS77 said:

A true next-gen Batman game produced by Rocksteady, a relatively new studio who've proven themselves with only two games to be one of the best developers in gaming presently?

What do I think? I think this will be one of the hardest waits for any game I've ever wanted, ever.

Yeah, it's definitely going to be a hard, long wait as well. I saw that Gamestop and several other online gaming sites (like Wal-Mart) already have the game up and available for pre-order, so I'm going to see if I can pre-order it at my local Gamestop today before heading into work.

I'm happy that I own a PS4 - because games like this will be worth the wait. :D

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 El_Zo1212o

@Metamania: True enough, but it'll still be around in a few years when I get around to upgrading. And like you said, I'll still have Shadow of Mordor, and hopefully a sequel to TMNT: OotS.

_HazBro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 _HazBro_
Member since 2014 • 125 Posts

Maybe it's just me but I'm growing incredibly tired of what's been announced for this new generation so far - from everyone.

Everything is just the same as last generation, with marginally better visuals. I'm tired of the AAA market... I mean I liked Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City ... I didn't play Origins and I kind of don't even care about this one if it's going to be ultimately the same kind of deal.

Too many Batman titles of that kind in a short amount of time. Hope I'm wrong.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Metamania

@El_Zo1212o said:

@Metamania: True enough, but it'll still be around in a few years when I get around to upgrading. And like you said, I'll still have Shadow of Mordor, and hopefully a sequel to TMNT: OotS.

I gave up on TMNT. The best one that I played were TMNT II: The Arcade Game (NES) and TMNT IV: Turtles In Time (SNES). I honestly don't know what you see in the new one. I see you play it all the time.