Batman: Arkham City Official Thread -- Harley Quinn DLC/GOTY Edition Out Now!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#551 Posted by MirkoS77 (7581 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

I think I may have to start work on getting a couple of more achievements, most notably beating the game on NG+. Do any of the boss fights change, as in do the difficulty get harder too? I've heard something about using completely different tactics on Mr. Freeze on NG+ than on Normal difficulty.

S0lidSnake

On NG+, you have to use all nine takedown moves on Mr. Freeze. It makes it even more awesome.

Plus the fact that he disables detective vision. That was a tough fight.

#552 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

I think I may have to start work on getting a couple of more achievements, most notably beating the game on NG+. Do any of the boss fights change, as in do the difficulty get harder too? I've heard something about using completely different tactics on Mr. Freeze on NG+ than on Normal difficulty.

MirkoS77

On NG+, you have to use all nine takedown moves on Mr. Freeze. It makes it even more awesome.

Plus the fact that he disables detective vision. That was a tough fight.

Hearing about his boss fight makes me think like it's a boss fight from a MGS game. :lol:

#553 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Hearing about his boss fight makes me think like it's a boss fight from a MGS game. :lol:

Metamania

That's the impression I got when I first played it. It played like a MGS boss fight. Miko is right, no detective vision made things so much better. It's also the only area in the game that has enviornmental puzzles that you need to figure out in order to beat him.

DONT look at Oracle's briefing on how to take him down. Try to figure out different ways to take him out silently. A couple of them are ingenious.

#554 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

S0lidSnake

That's the impression I got when I first played it. It played like a MGS boss fight. Miko is right, no detective vision made things so much better. It's also the only area in the game that has enviornmental puzzles that you need to figure out in order to beat him.

DONT look at Oracle's briefing on how to take him down. Try to figure out different ways to take him out silently. A couple of them are ingenious.

If you play the challenge maps you will know every single way to takedown enemies.
#555 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6029 posts) -
[QUOTE="RandoIph"]I was going to buy this game, but I have it on good authority his cape and cowl are purplish blue, and that's a deal breaker for me.

Hah hah. I don't know why that was such a big deal to that guy. I mean, why not just download the free Batman Inc skin? You can use alternate skins on the first playthrough now so what's the problem?
#556 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

^Nothing. The guy was a freaking wacko.

#557 Posted by MirkoS77 (7581 posts) -

Metamania
It was fun while it lasted. Ah, new avy...almost didn't recognize you.
#558 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

MirkoS77

It was fun while it lasted. Ah, new avy...almost didn't recognize you.

It's all good bud. :)

Fun? I wouldn't call dealing with a maniac that was whining like a 2-year old little ***** about some cape. What a moron that guy was...glad he's gone.

Now we can move on to positive things!

#559 Posted by Spirit_of_87 (2423 posts) -

Here you go, now everyone can be satisfied :P

#560 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

:lol:

#561 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13933 posts) -

That's what happened to his precious black cape!

#562 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

Heads up!

Harley Quinn DLC!

#563 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9048 posts) -

Heads up!

Harley Quinn DLC!

Metamania

More Arkham City? YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!

#564 Posted by Avian005 (4112 posts) -

Heads up!

Harley Quinn DLC!

Metamania

Looks like it'll be story related! YES!

#565 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6029 posts) -
I missed this thread so much... sniff... (PleasepleasePLEASE let me play as Robin freeroaming AC!)
#566 Posted by KeredsBlaze (2049 posts) -
lookin forward to it
#567 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13933 posts) -
Good. No more challenge map rubbish. If only Rocksteady had the decency to do the same for Nightwing and Robin.
#568 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6029 posts) -
Good. No more challenge map rubbish. If only Rocksteady had the decency to do the same for Nightwing and Robin.TheFallenDemon
You'd better be careful- them's fightin' words. The combat challenges are easily the most addictive part of the game, you ask me.
#569 Posted by Zensword (3885 posts) -
Over hyped and over-rated. I'm stuck at where Batman has to use batarang to open the gate after the fight against Titan.
#570 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6029 posts) -
Over hyped and over-rated. I'm stuck at where Batman has to use batarang to open the gate after the fight against Titan.Zensword
Maybe story-wise, but the combat is everything they promised and so much more.
#571 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

So I started playing NG+ again and I now know NEVER to rush into any predator situation again - their bullets will kill Batman instantly. I learned this the hard way when one of them spotted me and just shot me down with a hail of bullets. Plus, there are mines placed all over, so I really gotta be careful on how to deal with those situations more than ever. Also, the fights can be unnvering; I keep on playing it safe and keep on countering a lot, but it's really the safe way to go at it. So far, I'm tracking down The Penguin at The Museum - just destroyed all three jammers.

#572 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9048 posts) -

The Harley Quinn Story DLC has been confirmed. It releases on April 30th

Link: http://kotaku.com/5904266/harley-quinns-revenge-coming-with-the-batman-arkham-city-game-of-the-year-edition

#573 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

Link: http://kotaku.com/5904266/harley-quinns-revenge-coming-with-the-batman-arkham-city-game-of-the-year-edition

Pikminmaniac

A game of the year edition is coming? Awesome! I think I'll be trading in my original copy for the GOTY edition on April 30th! Any idea how much it will go for?

#574 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

Link

Check out the trailer at the 1:32 mark. It shows a very brief glimpse into the Harley Quinn DLC. I'm looking forward into dealing with the new kind of thugs that Harley brought with her. Should be great!

#575 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6029 posts) -
The Harley Quinn's Revenge mission sends players back into Arkham City to face their final challenge as they interchange between playing as both Batman and Robin. IGN
HELL YES! God I hope it's free switching like Catwoman was. And here's hoping Robin has his own unique traversal method!
#576 Posted by Spirit_of_87 (2423 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Metamania

A game of the year edition is coming? Awesome! I think I'll be trading in my original copy for the GOTY edition on April 30th! Any idea how much it will go for?

According to CBR it will retail for $59.99 and will include all the previous download content, the new "Harley Quinns Revenge" DLC, and the Batman: Year One animated film which is great.

Harley Quinns Revenge will cost $6.99 or 560 Xbox points.

#577 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Spirit_of_87

According to CBR it will retail for $59.99 and will include all the previous download content, the new "Harley Quinns Revenge" DLC, and the Batman: Year One animated film which is great.

That's fine by me. I'm willing to shell out that price for everything in return, including the Harley Quinn DLC, so if it means skipping out on the April 30th release date and waiting a month, so be it. :)

#578 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6029 posts) -

[QUOTE="Spirit_of_87"]

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

That's fine by me. I'm willing to shell out that price for everything in return, including the Harley Quinn DLC, so if it means skipping out on the April 30th release date and waiting a month, so be it. :)

Hold on. Are they saying the Goty edition is coming out BEFORE the Harley DLC?
#579 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Spirit_of_87"]

El_Zo1212o

No. After. The Harley Quinn DLC comes out April 30th. The GOTY edition comes out May 29th. I don't want to buy the DLC and the game seperately. Why do that when I can get everything in one package?

#580 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6029 posts) -

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

No. After. The Harley Quinn DLC comes out April 30th. The GOTY edition comes out May 29th. I don't want to buy the DLC and the game seperately. Why do that when I can get everything in one package?

I dunno, mus'tve misread something somewhere. I thought people were saying the goty was coming at the end of the month and Harley was going to launch end of May, like some kinda timed exclusive for people buying the Goty. Considering the way DLC's been handled lately, I don't think I can be blamed for checking my torches and sharpening my pitchfork...
#581 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] Hold on. Are they saying the Goty edition is coming out BEFORE the Harley DLC?El_Zo1212o

I dunno, mus'tve misread something somewhere. I thought people were saying the goty was coming at the end of the month and Harley was going to launch end of May, like some kinda timed exclusive for people buying the Goty. Considering the way DLC's been handled lately, I don't think I can be blamed for checking my torches and sharpening my pitchfork...

No, those people got it wrong. They don't know their facts.

The Harley Quinn DLC is coming at the end of April 30th, on its own.

The GOTY edition comes out, one month later, with all the previous DLC, movie, and Harley Quinn DLC as well.

So do not believe those people. Believe me instead. It's the truth.

#582 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6029 posts) -
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] I dunno, must've misread something somewhere.Metamania
No, those people got it wrong. They don't know their facts... do not believe those people. Believe me instead. It's the truth.

Dude relax. There is no THEY. I misunderstood.
#583 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"] [QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] I dunno, must've misread something somewhere.El_Zo1212o
No, those people got it wrong. They don't know their facts... do not believe those people. Believe me instead. It's the truth.

Dude relax. There is no THEY. I misunderstood.

I am calm this morning. The internet, unfortunately, can't get that across so easily. lol.

Anyway, carry on. :)

#584 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13933 posts) -

so do we get to kill batman this time around?

#585 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

TheFallenDemon

In the HQ DLC? No. You will be going into Arkham City as both Batman and Robin as you attempt to put a stop to Harley and her plan for revenge.

#586 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13933 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

Metamania

In the HQ DLC? No. You will be going into Arkham City as both Batman and Robin as you attempt to put a stop to Harley and her plan for revenge.

well dammit i wanted to play as the villain for once

#587 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6029 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

TheFallenDemon

Didn't you get to play as the Joker in AA on PS3?
You will be going into Arkham City as both Batman and Robin...Metamania
And again, HELL YES! (Always liked Robin was better, I guess I'm just a sidekickey kinda guy.)
#588 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

Yeah, I believe you got to play as Joker on AA, but on the PS3 only and I think it was only for the challenge maps, but I'm not 100% sure on the latter. I just know that he's exclusive over there and not on 360.

#589 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9048 posts) -

Yeah, I believe you got to play as Joker on AA, but on the PS3 only and I think it was only for the challenge maps, but I'm not 100% sure on the latter. I just know that he's exclusive over there and not on 360.

Metamania

Yeah Joker was exclusive to the PS3 version which I have. He's playable in the challenge maps the same way that catwoman, Nightwing and Robin are in Arkham City.

#590 Posted by MirkoS77 (7581 posts) -

Arrgghhh.:evil: Guess I'm going to have to buy the GotY edition. I want all the DLC on the disc and still want to throw Rocksteady my money for making such an incredible game. Any other franchise and I wouldn't bother....but for Batman.....AAANNNNNNYTHING!!

RAAAAAAHHH!

#591 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Pikminmaniac

Yeah Joker was exclusive to the PS3 version which I have. He's playable in the challenge maps the same way that catwoman, Nightwing and Robin are in Arkham City.

What is the Joker like in terms of combat? Is he as good as the others and does he have his own set of gadgets that aid him well?

#592 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

Arrgghhh.:evil: Guess I'm going to have to buy the GotY edition. I want all the DLC on the disc and still want to throw Rocksteady my money for making such an incredible game. Any other franchise and I wouldn't bother....but for Batman.....AAANNNNNNYTHING!!

RAAAAAAHHH!

MirkoS77

Yeah, man, I'm willing to buy the GOTY edition as well. It has everything, plus a reason for me to head into the game's story mode and take on new challenges for a change. I'm very excited!

#593 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13933 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

What is the Joker like in terms of combat? Is he as good as the others and does he have his own set of gadgets that aid him well?

Here's a gameplay video

#594 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

TheFallenDemon

Here's a gameplay video

:lol:

Oh wow. That was pretty cool. I knew that The Joker was an expert combatant, but I didn't think he would play that way. He reminds me of like a weird Voldo practicing praying mantis or something like that.

Thank you for the video!

#595 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6029 posts) -
Here's a gameplay videoTheFallenDemon
Seems strange to me that they'd go through all that work drawing up the animations and making his gadgets only to not release him to the xbox crowd. Not as paid dlc, and not even adding a few extra animations to release him as a playable character in Arkham City... much like the rest of the DLC, I'd have paid for him.
#596 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13933 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]Here's a gameplay videoEl_Zo1212o
Seems strange to me that they'd go through all that work drawing up the animations and making his gadgets only to not release him to the xbox crowd. Not as paid dlc, and not even adding a few extra animations to release him as a playable character in Arkham City... much like the rest of the DLC, I'd have paid for him.

sony probably paid to get him exclusive.

#597 Posted by Spirit_of_87 (2423 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

TheFallenDemon

I'm pretty sure you play as Harley.... "As previously hinted in a list of PS3 Trophies, WB Games and Rocksteady Studios confirmed today a new downloadable content pack for "Batman: Arkham City," titled "Harley Quinns Revenge," will be available starting next week for around $6.99 (or 560 Microsoft points). Shell fight her way through a series of missions, earning trophies such as "Hows It Hanging?" (where you clean up the Dry Docks) and "Breaking and Entering" (where she finds a way into a secret base). No word yet if the DLC will include a face-off against Batman, but that would certainly make things interesting." From the CBR link I posted earlier.
#598 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6029 posts) -
Has anyone else spotted Killer Croc in Arkham City(other than his trophy, of course)?
#599 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

Has anyone else spotted Killer Croc in Arkham City(other than his trophy, of course)?El_Zo1212o

Yeah, I have.

[spoiler] You can see him right after you beat Ra's al Ghul. I copied and pasted the following information on how to reach him there...

"You must have Batman navigate though the subway maintenance tunnels. It can get rather confusing here, but look for a gate that you can not enter. One of the subway rooms (bridge room) has a tunnel far above you. Have Batman shoot a rappel to the tunnel to pull him up. The game should notify you that there is a rappel spot above you, so it should not be too hard to locate, assuming your in the correct room.

Go forward and there will be 3 gates in front of you. The center gate has a small opening at the top. Have Batman throw a remote control bataring through this opening and make it hit the button switch. Note that you can use Batman's detective vision to find the power switch easier.

Once you hit the button with the bataring, Killer Croc will immediately bust through and talk to Batman. This is the Killer Croc Easter Egg cutscene. This does not count towards 100% of Batman Arkkam City (As far to my knowledge and research)."

[/spoiler]

Here's video of the encounter if you wish to see it. The video is not mine, BTW, but someone else's instead.

#600 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6029 posts) -

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]Has anyone else spotted Killer Croc in Arkham City(other than his trophy, of course)?Metamania

Yeah, I have.

[spoiler] see above [/spoiler]

Here's video of the encounter if you wish to see it. The video is not mine, BTW, but someone else's instead.

Huh. I didn't know about that, either. What I was talking about was during one of the Riddler maps. When you play the Iceberg Lounge VIP Room(DLC/Coll. Ed.). If you look off to one side outside the arena, Killer Croc is hanging out. He seems to be fussing with a teacup. I decided to try my luck at the map with detective mode on. While I was fighting, I noticed a huge skeleton in the background behind me. I flipped off detective mode to see if it was a titan or something, and it turned out to be Croc. Then I noticed the Penguin is out there, too. I guess I should've guessed, considering how Black Mask hangs out in the gang hideout level, but I just noticed tonight.