Batman: Arkham City Official Thread -- Harley Quinn DLC/GOTY Edition Out Now!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#301 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

If you both want to add me, fine by me, no problem! Metamania2313 is where you can add me.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#302 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts
Great, sent you and fox a request.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 Metamania

Great, sent you and fox a request. MirkoS77

I got it this morning when I logged on to Raptr. I'll add you when I get on XBox Live later.

And I'm angry. Not at you, of course. But at the game....

[spoiler] I finally regained control of Catwoman and I have to steal three seperate keyguards from the Tyger guards before I can open the vault. My problem is even when I steal the first keycard, the guards always spot me. It's like as if the game was put on Hard automatically or some bulls****. It pisses me off. I steal the keycard and go directly up the ceiling, they go "Target spotted." WTF? One time, I managed to get all three, but I used detective mode, didn't see the guy on the right, and I hear him go "Target spotted." Since then, I haven't been able to get pass this mission...and what sucks that I have to do this in complete stealth. I really wish I could just take them all out, one by one, before stealing their key cards. Any tips? [/spoiler]

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 MirkoS77
]Hmm. Not really anything I can tell you. You just have to wait and isolate, then drop down and snag it. My advice would be to get some distance away from the guard (using RT to sneak) before going back to the ceiling as there's a greater chance of being spotted if you jump up right away. I just used detective vision, let them get as far away from the others as possible, and kept an eye on the others while I grab it. Sorry, I know that's probably not anything you don't already know. Just be patient and wait for the right time.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#306 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
@Metamania: Are you using "silent takedown" or "knockout smash"? Because I learned far too much into the game that knockout smash isn't stealthy, and automatically relays your position to the other guards. Though, I don't remember that particular place in the game that well, so I'll maybe give it a go later to check if you haven't figured it out by then.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#307 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Metamania, Fox, and Mirko, I added all of you. Can't wait to see how our scores stack up. As far as the Catwoman problem, I would suggest you start with the fellow who patrols the far side of the room directly across from the security room(your starting point. He's easy pickings. You can come at him from above or below( Next, I hit the guy who patrols around the crates off to the left of the two vault door guards- he walks through a broken out wall at one point. Wait for him to turn around and drop, snatch and jump back up to the ceiling. You've got to be quick, but you've also got to be careful not to fall on him or to walk past him during the snatch. You've got some leeway because the door guards' view is blocked by crates, but be aware of where their line of sight resumes. Last is a guy off to the right of the door guards among the shelves. Just keep an eye on everyone and when you're sure LoS is clear, make with the snatchy-snatch and head back to the security room. Be advised: "left" and "right" refer to the vault-door guards' point of view. Also, this was hugely difficult for me, so just keep at it- once it goes off right it feels mighty fine!
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 MirkoS77

Metamania, Fox, and Mirko, I added all of you. Can't wait to see how our scores stack up.El_Zo1212o
Thanks, I'm headed out the door to class, I'll accept when I hop on Live later tonight. Anyone else want to add me feel free: MirkoS77. Hope you guys are up for some competition, Iz got skillz! Well, not really....but I'm getting there.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 El_Zo1212o

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]Metamania, Fox, and Mirko, I added all of you. Can't wait to see how our scores stack up.MirkoS77

Thanks, I'm headed out the door to class, I'll accept when I hop on Live later tonight. Anyone else want to add me feel free: MirkoS77. Hope you guys are up for some competition, Iz got skillz! Well, not really....but I'm getting there.

Heh heh heh. I never had any friends to score against on AA or so far on AC, so I climbed the ranks against the rest of the world. Let's see how your "skillz" stand up*cue evil grin*.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 Metamania

@Metamania: Are you using "silent takedown" or "knockout smash"? Because I learned far too much into the game that knockout smash isn't stealthy, and automatically relays your position to the other guards. Though, I don't remember that particular place in the game that well, so I'll maybe give it a go later to check if you haven't figured it out by then.foxhound_fox

For the section that I'm at, there is no "silent takendown" option. Just "Pick their pocket". You can't hurt the guards at all and have to do it without being seen or heard. I'll try it again later today.

Mirko and El, I saw that you both added me, so I'll accept your requests. Fox, I'll add you when I get on.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 El_Zo1212o

Mirko and El, I saw that you both added me, so I'll accept your requests. Fox, I'll add you when I get on.

Metamania
If you're gonna call me a letter, make it "Z." Otherwise you can call me Zorro. Let me know how it turns out.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 Metamania

^Will do, Z! Sorry for calling you El. It was quicker that way, I suppose! :P

Also, @Jbul, Gamespot posted an article confirming the PC version being delayed to November 22nd.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 MirkoS77

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]Metamania, Fox, and Mirko, I added all of you. Can't wait to see how our scores stack up.El_Zo1212o

Heh heh heh. I never had any friends to score against on AA or so far on AC, so I climbed the ranks against the rest of the world. Let's see how your "skillz" stand up*cue evil grin*.

Nyah nyah, Iceberg Lounge Challenge ranked map: 146,620. EAT IT, your score's only 260,810 and....wait a sec....damnit, that's SIX digits??? Man, this is supposed to be a competition. You make me look bad. :P

Seriously though, nicely done. How the heck did you get that high? I can never avoid being hit for such a long period of time, and I think the highest combo I've gotten is around 40s-50s. Have you seen the #1? 54,722,816. That has to be hacked, unless they got a 1000x combo going.

Alright, off to practice...

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#314 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

am I the only one here who has Arkham City on the PS3? In any case my PSN account name is Pikminmaniac

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 El_Zo1212o

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="MirkoS77"]Thanks, I'm headed out the door to class, I'll accept when I hop on Live later tonight. Anyone else want to add me feel free: MirkoS77. Hope you guys are up for some competition, Iz got skillz! Well, not really....but I'm getting there.

MirkoS77

Nyah nyah, Iceberg Lounge Challenge ranked map: 146,620. EAT IT, your score's only 260,810 and....wait a sec....damnit, that's SIX digits??? Man, this is supposed to be a competition. You make me look bad. :P

Seriously though, nicely done. How the heck did you get that high? I can never avoid being hit for such a long period of time, and I think the highest combo I've gotten is around 40s-50s. Have you seen the #1? 54,722,816. That has to be hacked, unless they got a 1000x combo going.

Alright, off to practice...

Hah hah hah! I make a lot of people look bad at this game. With Nightwing, my score is 400,000+(a high score I made my first day-my first round- with the character). And my highest score anywhere is with Robin on the Joker's Carnival map- over half a million points. As far as how I do it, you answered that with your last sentence- practice. Every week(if not every day) since I bought AA, I would spend the first half hour of my game time practicing on Sewerbat Extreme. I broke the top 30 with my highest score(though I don't know how far I've dropped since AC hit). I regularly score combos anywhere between 60-200 hits, and my highest ever was 283(Nightwing). Variation bonuses are also important- 3 or 5,000 extra points can make an extra rank on the leaderboards. As far as a 54M+ score, I'm afraid I'll have to call mularkey on that. Which is a shame, because until now, I hadn't seen any score that was obviously hacked. I was hoping against hope that these boards were above that nonsense.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 El_Zo1212o
Oh, and if anyone greatly admires my combat prowess and would like to benefit from my wisdom, I'm working on an article defining the strengths and weaknesses of each character. I'll post a link when it's up.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 Metamania

Been working on Batman with the combat maps and I can say that the Bat-Swarm combo is one of your best friends in the fight. Not only does it make enemies around you dizzy, but it gives you a quick moment to decide where you want to go next in the fight. I was able to achieve a better score in the first three maps with him. I've yet to try out the fourth with these new tactics. I'm still having a hard time with Talia's swordswomen, as I like to call them. It's hard to completely dodge all of their moves and I get hit by it.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 Pikminmaniac

Oh, and if anyone greatly admires my combat prowess and would like to benefit from my wisdom, I'm working on an article defining the strengths and weaknesses of each character. I'll post a link when it's up.El_Zo1212o

I would definately read that! The people that say the combat is shallow really need to look harder... If you really want to break the leader board, you have to flawlessly flow from one move to the next and work in all of a character's moves (There's over 18 I think).

You, of course, don't need to be told that... So how varied are your combos then? Do you manage to get most of a character's moves into your combo?

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 El_Zo1212o

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]Oh, and if anyone greatly admires my combat prowess and would like to benefit from my wisdom, I'm working on an article defining the strengths and weaknesses of each character. I'll post a link when it's up.Pikminmaniac

I would definately read that! The people that say the combat is shallow really need to look harder... If you really want to break the leader board, you have to flawlessly flow from one move to the next and work in all of a character's moves (There's over 18 I think).

You, of course, don't need to be told that... So how varied are your combos then? Do you manage to get most of a character's moves into your combo?

Back when Freeflow Perfection meant 9 moves, I could do it consistently. Nowadays I still haven't figured out Batman's entire moveset. 1. Strike 2. Counter 3. Stun 4. Beatdown 5. Aerial attack 6. Ground pound 7. Batarang 8. Freeze blast 9. Explosive gel 10. Batclaw+slam 11. REC 12. Combo: Bat Swarm 13. Combo: Takedown 14. Combo: Disarm/Destroy 15. Combo: Multi Ground Takedown. And then there are things I'm not sure are part of the achievement, such as Ultra Stun, Blade dodge takedown, multi-counter, evade. I can reliably achieve a 6-8x variation with gadgets variation anywhere between 1-4.

Been working on Batman with the combat maps and I can say that the Bat-Swarm combo is one of your best friends in the fight. Not only does it make enemies around you dizzy, but it gives you a quick moment to decide where you want to go next in the fight. I was able to achieve a better score in the first three maps with him. I've yet to try out the fourth with these new tactics. I'm still having a hard time with Talia's swordswomen, as I like to call them. It's hard to completely dodge all of their moves and I get hit by it.

Metamania
That's pretty handy- I never much liked the Batswarm: to me, it seems like they don't stay stunned long enough for me to make any use of it. As far as the Mystical Ninja Assassins (or MNAs), I don't generally attempt a blade dodge takedown on them unless I'm in Freeflow Focus mode, and even then I generally avoid it. They're quick and mystical and stuff, but they're pretty fragile. Your best bet with them is really to bounce back and forth between two of them mid combo- when you knock them down the pop right back up, so hit one, then hit the other, then hit the first one again, then the second again. Poof, MNAs are out of the fight(Ninjas can only take two combo strikes). Just be ready- if they do an Alice-like dodge, evade immediately, as they tend to counterstrike quickly.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 Metamania

Yeah, that's one achievement I need to do. I need to figure out what his moves are and use them. Does it need to be part of the freeflow combo or can they be done at a time? Also, Z, I get what you are saying to; I found that out the hard way when they would just vanish and then cut me the next second after. They are ridiculous as all hell! Challenging? Yes! Frustrating? Also yes!

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 El_Zo1212o

Yeah, that's one achievement I need to do. I need to figure out what his moves are and use them. Does it need to be part of the freeflow combo or can they be done at a time? Also, Z, I get what you are saying to; I found that out the hard way when they would just vanish and then cut me the next second after. They are ridiculous as all hell! Challenging? Yes! Frustrating? Also yes!

Metamania
Freeflow Perfection 2.0 requires you to pull off all Batman's combat moves in a single combo. When the MNAs show up six or eight at a time, frustrating is accurate. Another neat trick- throw a Batarang and they'll dodge it every time. So Batarang toss+strike=MNA on her behind. Follow it up with another strike and she's toast. And finally, in the interest of preserving your combo, evade or do a straight blade dodge if you have the slightest doubt that you can successfully do a Blade dodge takedown.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 Metamania

I'm happy! On the first four maps of the Predator challenges, I got all the medals in each. I couldn't figure out how to do the Friends Fly Free challenge, then I saw a Youtube video that gave me an idea and it worked. The Line Launcher one wasn't a bad one either...I just threw the Sonic Batarang onto one of the trains and the stupid guard found it. Then I knocked the poor soul off the train with the kick while using the Line Launcher. Classic! :D

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 foxhound_fox
I started playing Asylum today. I forgot how great a game it was. Though, the combat feels mighty clunky compared to City, and the forced-down-hallways layout really ruins the "I'm Batman" feeling.
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 MirkoS77

I absolutely HATE those assassin chicks. HATE. Mainly because of their dodge which almost always guarantees to throw off my rhythm and break up the combo. If they strike immediately after it's better as it allows a counter, but sometimes they don't so I've tried to make it a habit of evading, but even then they're so quick they can usually get a hit in before I get away. Man they're frustrating. Usually I save take-downs or do a blade disarm for them but even that's risky as it's four attacks (which I always end up forgetting, knives are three) in quick succession. What a pain.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 Metamania

I absolutely HATE those assassin chicks. HATE. Mainly because of their dodge which almost always guarantees to throw off my rhythm and break up the combo. If they strike immediately after it's better as it allows a counter, but sometimes they don't so I've tried to make it a habit of evading, but even then they're so quick they can usually get a hit in before I get away. Man they're frustrating. Usually I save takedowns for them, or do a blade disarm but even that's risky as it's four attacks (which I always forget, knives are three) in quick succession. What a pain.

MirkoS77

For right now, it's really hard to get a perfect round happening with those assassin chicks involved in the fight. Unfortunately, it's the only way I can think of to earn all three medals and it's tough when they are slicing and dicing you up!

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 MirkoS77

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

I absolutely HATE those assassin chicks. HATE. Mainly because of their dodge which almost always guarantees to throw off my rhythm and break up the combo. If they strike immediately after it's better as it allows a counter, but sometimes they don't so I've tried to make it a habit of evading, but even then they're so quick they can usually get a hit in before I get away. Man they're frustrating. Usually I save takedowns for them, or do a blade disarm but even that's risky as it's four attacks (which I always forget, knives are three) in quick succession. What a pain.

Metamania

For right now, it's really hard to get a perfect round happening with those assassin chicks involved in the fight. Unfortunately, it's the only way I can think of to earn all three medals and it's tough when they are slicing and dicing you up!

Which map are you on?

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

MirkoS77

Which map are you on?

Hell's Gate. So far, I've gotten two out of three medals for that map.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 El_Zo1212o
...assassin chicks... their dodge which almost always guarantees to throw off my rhythm...MirkoS77
Eventually you'll get to the point where the dodge isn't as startling, and you'll keep in mind that it doesn't break your combo.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 Pikminmaniac

Just so you guys know, free flow perfection 2.0 does not include gadget use. I can list a total of 12 moves right now

1. strike

2. counter

3. stun

4. ultra stun

5. Beat Down

6. Ground finish

7. batclaw punch

8. arial attack (stun and double tap x)

9. Disarm and distroy

10. Bat swarm

11. multiple ground take down

12. combo takedown

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 MirkoS77

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

Which map are you on?

Hell's Gate. So far, I've gotten two out of three medals for that map.

Yea, that's the one. Took me forever to get a 3 medals though.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 El_Zo1212o

Just so you guys know, free flow perfection 2.0 does not include gadget use. I can list a total of 12 moves right now

1. strike

2. counter

3. stun

4. ultra stun

5. Beat Down

6. Ground finish

7. batclaw punch

8. arial attack (stun and double tap x)

9. Disarm and distroy

10. Bat swarm

11. multiple ground take down

12. combo takedown

Pikminmaniac
If that's the list, I can do that. What about multi-counters and blade dodge takedowns?
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 Metamania

YES!!!

Not only did I just earn all three medals in Hell's Gate, I also got the achievement "Bronze Revenge!" Sweet! :) To top it off, I just went on XBox Live and got it on the first try of that level for tonight! :D

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 MirkoS77

YES!!!

Not only did I just earn all three medals in Hell's Gate, I also got the achievement "Bronze Revenge!" Sweet! :) To top it off, I just went on XBox Live and got it on the first try of that level for tonight! :D

Metamania
What's bronze revenge for?
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 Pikminmaniac

Holy moly, the last four predator maps are tough to triple medal. Other than that, I have all the other challenge maps done... I don't know if I'll ever be able to complete all the campaigns though... What do people think of those? I've managed to get all 9 medals on 4 of them but that's it.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

YES!!!

MirkoS77

What's bronze revenge for?

"Obtain 24 medals on the original Arkham City ranked maps (as Batman)"

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 Metamania

This is just great!

[spoiler] Now the Tyger helicopters are firing at me for real! So now I gotta be careful of them! Also, the choice for Catwoman was a bit heart-wrenching, needless to say. I made the right choice to save Batman. I wonder if there's an achievement to have Catwoman leave Arkham City? [/spoiler]

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 MirkoS77

About Catwoman,

Won't let me use spoiler tags. SPOILERS:

My first play-through I decided to leave Batman assuming, because he's Batman, he could take care of himself. So she walks out the door....and the credits start rolling. I was like, "What.....the......F***???!". I've seen bad endings to games before, but nothing like that. I immediately powered off and reloaded my last save to save him, thinking that ending had to be a fake. Luckily I was right and even though I didn't watch all the credits roll, I've read that it's a joke ending.

Nice one Rocksteady. My jaw was literally hanging open when that happened.

Bobzfamily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#339 Bobzfamily
Member since 2008 • 1514 Posts

About Catwoman,

My first play-through I decided to leave Batman assuming, because he's Batman, he could take care of himself. So she walks out the door....and the credits start rolling. I was like, "What.....the......F***???!". I've seen bad endings to games before, but nothing like that. I immediately powered off and reloaded my last save to save him, thinking that ending had to be a fake. Luckily I was right and even though I didn't watch all the credits roll, I've read that it's a joke ending.

MirkoS77

Same here, that's one of my favourite parts from the main story.

Are you guys still playing Arkham City? I bought it about two weeks ago and have yet to put it down, I haven't even unboxed Uncharted yet.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 MirkoS77

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

About Catwoman,

Bobzfamily

Same here, that's one of my favourite parts from the main story.

Are you guys still playing Arkham City? I bought it about two weeks ago and have yet to put it down, I haven't even unboxed Uncharted yet.

Yea, mostly the challenge maps although I'll go into story mode from time to time as I'm only about 61% done. I also have NG+ to beat. It's going to take me a while. Best money I've spent on any game in a long time.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 foxhound_fox
Are you guys still playing Arkham City? Bobzfamily
I've barely gone a day without playing it for at least an hour. Though, I did get back into Asylum today, and am enjoying it thoroughly as well. As great a game it is (with a much more cohesive atmosphere and pacing), it doesn't feel anything like City. Asylum feels like it could star any other video game character and it wouldn't change all that much. City feels like BATMAN through and through. I love both games for different reasons, and am getting ready to declare them my favorite series of the generation.
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 MirkoS77

[QUOTE="Bobzfamily"]Are you guys still playing Arkham City? foxhound_fox
I've barely gone a day without playing it for at least an hour. Though, I did get back into Asylum today, and am enjoying it thoroughly as well. As great a game it is (with a much more cohesive atmosphere and pacing), it doesn't feel anything like City. Asylum feels like it could star any other video game character and it wouldn't change all that much. City feels like BATMAN through and through. I love both games for different reasons, and am getting ready to declare them my favorite series of the generation.

I tried going back to AA a couple days ago, and the fighting is hard to bear compared to AC. The gadgets really help deepen the combat, in addition they've noticeably sped up the fighting in AC as well. And yea, the open world really goes a far way to give that Batman feel. I also find myself missing the dive and grapple boost. As much as I love AA, AC's got it beat in mostly every aspect.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 MirkoS77

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]...assassin chicks... their dodge which almost always guarantees to throw off my rhythm...El_Zo1212o
Eventually you'll get to the point where the dodge isn't as startling, and you'll keep in mind that it doesn't break your combo.

Question: is evading really all that necessary and useful? I don't really see a point in it.

Also, am I the only one who doesn't like the predator maps? I find that because empahsis is placed upon getting the best times it removes the feeling of tension and patience which is what makes it awesome. Plus, if you want to get the best times and medals, you basically have to follow a script knowing exactly where to be at the right time, which defeats the dynamic nature and makes it feel too static. I just don't find them enjoyable.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 El_Zo1212o

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="MirkoS77"]...assassin chicks... their dodge which almost always guarantees to throw off my rhythm...MirkoS77

Question: is evading really all that necessary and useful? I don't really see a point in it.

Also, am I the only one who doesn't like the predator maps? I find that because empahsis is placed upon getting the best times it removes the feeling of tension and patience which is what makes it awesome. Plus, if you want to get the best times and medals, you basically have to follow a script knowing exactly where to be at the right time, which defeats the dynamic nature and makes it feel too static. I just don't find them enjoyable.

Evading immediately after the dodge has saved my combo more than once, and I think it's a good habit. If I can keep an eye on the ninja after she dodges, I'll strike at her, and with any other character you'll beat her to the punch- if it comes down to that- every time, but Batman is so slow(compared to the others) I don't know if he'd come out on top there. Note that Batman isn't my primary character for the combat challenges. I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes the predator maps. Though for me it isn't so much that I dislike any elements of the predator mode, but rather my main focus-what I have the most fun doing- is practicing combat. @Meta: Congrats! Any Batman achievement is a good achievement! And about that [spoiler] spoiler: you both ought to go back later and redo that to watch the credits when Catwoman leaves. It's something that you ought to experience. [/spoiler] (I find that [] tags are tempermental about caps. Make sure if one 'Spoiler' is capped then the '/Spoiler' matches.)
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 Metamania

^I'm going to do exactly what you described, but maybe on a New Game + or on Easy. I haven't decided yet, but either way, I'll get back to that point and see what happens if I chose the other route.

[spoiler] I hope I can disable these Tyger helicopters and soon. I enjoyed it when they weren't shooting at me and now I gotta be really quick with my flying and be in safe, hiding posts every now and then. Also, since one of the helicopters has the Master Key program for Wayne Tower...is there a specific helicopter I am looking for or is it random every time I load up my game? [/spoiler]

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 foxhound_fox
I enjoy predator, and prefer Batman for it. Catwoman on the other hand, is my preferred pick for combat maps. Her speed and DAT Animated costume are just prefect. She isn't that fun in free-roam, but in challenge rooms, she really changes things up. Especially predator, since she doesn't have glide and gadgets, it brings out that "dynamic" that Mirko mentioned. Also, @Mirko: Ignore the time. :P
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 Metamania

As a compare/contrast, I played a little bit of Arkham Asylum tonight. I did a combat map and it's a lot harder to score on a higher note than it is on Arkham City. Enemies seem to be faster and throw a lot of freaking cheap hits on you and Batman is ridiculously slower than what he is on Arkham City. Plus, some of his gadgets and moves, like using the Disruptor to disable guns or using the Bat Swarm, isn't present, so it was really hard to get used to. I still love Arkham Asylum, but it just seems like Batman is a lot slower in Asylum than he is in City. I mean, when I try to go against another enemy and blindside them with a kick, their punch seems to be faster. WTF?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 foxhound_fox
The only thing I prefer about the Asylum combat is the sound effects seem crisper and more brutal. Everything else is just a major step back... despite it being quite amazing when released.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 El_Zo1212o
I was actually really sad when I found out how much faster they made Batman. I used to like Batman because he sort of... tromped. He was like this unstoppable engine of pain- one that grinds slow but exceedingly fine. Then with Arkham City, they turned him into "just" a ninja. And really, a fellow his size shouldn't be able to move so fast. That's why I thought people were going overboard calling it perfect. As for the other characters, I think they benefit greatly from the accelerated combat. Just not Batman.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 Metamania

I was actually really sad when I found out how much faster they made Batman. I used to like Batman because he sort of... tromped. He was like this unstoppable engine of pain- one that grinds slow but exceedingly fine. Then with Arkham City, they turned him into "just" a ninja. And really, a fellow his size shouldn't be able to move so fast. That's why I thought people were going overboard calling it perfect. As for the other characters, I think they benefit greatly from the accelerated combat. Just not Batman.El_Zo1212o

I can understand that. Batman is fast, but shouldn't be fast as the others, like Catwoman and Robin. Batman relies on power and stealth to overcome his enemies; his speed wasn't his greatest asset. So it was just surprising that they made him be a little faster and is able to beat up his enemies quicker in City than he could in Asylum.