atelier rorona was it that bad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for klonoafanboy122
klonoafanboy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By klonoafanboy122
Member since 2013 • 232 Posts

out of all the nis america games ive played atelier rorona was the one i just didnt understand what was so bad about it(sure it got 6/10 usualy which isnt to terrible i supose but still ) i found it to be fun sure it had its flaw but what games perfect

i mean i liked the art direction in the game the designs where really adorable and in my eyes well done

the music was catchy as hell

the gameplay compared to other nis rpgs ive played was not to bad the battle system was meh but the whole crafting side of it in my eyes was cool and kept me playing the game ^^

and i liked the time management side of it i dont see the issue with it maybe its because im used to time limits in games since one of my fav games was pikmin on the gamecube (which also had a time limit) i dunno

the game also has lots and lots of charm to me ^^

that being said there where some things i didnt like

the graphics where pretty meh the character designs looked fine but the background looked awful in my eyes

the voice acting got on my nerves sure it isnt the worst acting ive seen but still it is a pain to listen to

the battle system needs work its alright but felt abit bland

so while i dont think atelier rorona was in all means a perfect masterpiece it isnt a bad and i think its atleast deserve a playthrough if your a fan of rpgs

and yes i have played totori and i thought it was much better just saying ^^(its actualy one of my fav ps3 games belive it or not)

but what did you think of it did you think critics where to harsh on it or where the critics fair (im talking about critic like gamespot or ign not like people saying there thoughs on the game because there actually nicer than the professional critics in my eyes

klonoafanboy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 klonoafanboy122

wow not 1 single reply

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

I guess you mean this one http://www.ign.com/games/atelier-rorona-the-alchemist-of-arland/ps3-14329253?

But ya i think you might have hit the wrong forum for talk about the more obscure Anime RPG´s like that, not a lot of customers :)

klonoafanboy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By klonoafanboy122

@Jacanuk said:

I guess you mean this one http://www.ign.com/games/atelier-rorona-the-alchemist-of-arland/ps3-14329253?

But ya i think you might have hit the wrong forum for talk about the more obscure Anime RPG´s like that, not a lot of customers :)

meh let just said and see XD

have u played the game ?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jacanuk

@klonoafanboy122 said:

@Jacanuk said:

meh let just said and see XD

have u played the game ?

Nope, looks like its Ps3 Exclusive and i mainly do PC games, have a PS3 but never saw a place to get these games.

Splatted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Splatted
Member since 2012 • 58 Posts

Just fyi the European psn easter sale has Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk for £19.99. It's also an all round good sale.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jacanuk

@Splatted said:

Just fyi the European psn easter sale has Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk for £19.99. It's also an all round good sale.

Thanks for that FYI, might buy it just to see what the game :D

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#8 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I can't reasonably play Atelier. Like I bought it, but it's a little too Japanese for me.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#9 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

The Atelier games look pretty crappy TBH. I'm glad I still have a lot of JRPGs to play so I don't have to resort to playing stuff like that.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Please read the SW sticky before posting!

Quick Rules in SW To Always Follow:

• Must have at least 500 posts to create topics.
  • Keep your discussions around what belongs here: platforms, games, developers, publishers, and stats.
  • Do NOT quote more than two images in your post.
  • Do NOT have more than four quotes in your post (quote pyramids).
  • Do NOT post or bump extremely abusive discussions (account suicide threads/adult material/illegal activities/illegal advertising/etc).