At what age did you start playing games???

• 55 results
#1 Posted by brimmul777 (1318 posts) -

I was 5 years old.I am now 39 years old,so I have been playing games for about 34 years.

How about you???How old were you???Thank You for your replies. :)

#2 Posted by mastermetal777 (2008 posts) -

I think I was around 5 when I first started playing video games. I'm 21 now, so that would mean I've been playing for just about 16 years now.

#3 Posted by Archangel3371 (15955 posts) -

I was around 5 or 6 at the time. I'm now 43 and still going strong.

#4 Posted by Tokeism (2340 posts) -

I think I was 7 or 8 am now 24

#5 Posted by KojimaNo1fan (12 posts) -

I was 5 and I am now 18 :)

#6 Posted by springning (23 posts) -

i was 13 yeas old

#7 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2988 posts) -

#8 Edited by Mesomorphin (833 posts) -

Honestly I believe it was like 4 or 5 and it was Team fortress classic on my dad's computer, and I surprisingly wasn't that bad at the game, I was addicted! then after that it was a bunch of classic younger games like SPY-FOX and PAJAMA SAM. And it wasn't until I was about 10 or 11 I played Halo 2 for the first time, and I was like yep.....I'am going to start gaming. I'am 19 now.

#9 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

5 probably.

#10 Posted by yokofox33 (30133 posts) -

One of my earliest memories is playing my new Gameboy and NES one morning. I was probably 4 or 5.

#11 Posted by thecruzan (94 posts) -

Earliest memories of playing video games was around 3 or 4 playing Pokemon Snap and Ocarina of Time.

#12 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9187 posts) -

I'm going to have to say the same thing as most others have here. I think I was 5 years old and my first game was the original Donkey Kong on the Intellivision.

#13 Posted by NoxRainbow (40 posts) -

With 12 I started playing FIFA on the PSP.

#14 Posted by alim298 (1814 posts) -

(someone's gotta say 1 now)

#15 Edited by starwolf474 (780 posts) -

I think I was 5 and my first game was Super Mario Bros 3.

#16 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18780 posts) -

I must have been six, on Tiger Electronic games in elementary school.

#17 Posted by Heirren (18084 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 said:

ah I remember those. I remember Double Dragon, Simons Quest, and that long Ninja Turtles one. I had a few others....

I also remember playing Climber one an Apple II--or I think it was an apple II. Had a really small screen. Odd that I can't really pinpoint when I first started though. Super Mario Bros at the video store...games I don't remember at the hot dog stands...but it is definitely safe to say that NES was when I really developed an affection towards games.

#18 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18780 posts) -

@Heirren said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

ah I remember those. I remember Double Dragon, Simons Quest, and that long Ninja Turtles one. I had a few others....

Simon's Quest is definitely the first one I have memory of. I remember crowds of children gathering around to see that tiny screen. At the time it was impressive, this was before the Gameboy showed up.

#19 Posted by Flubbbs (3395 posts) -

im 29 now... so probally 4 or 5

#20 Posted by Gamerno6666 (2243 posts) -

Out from the womb.

#21 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@Gamerno6666 said:

Out from the womb.

the doctors must have had a bad time then.... #Justsaying

#22 Edited by SoNin360 (5604 posts) -

I guess I technically played some of my first games when I was about 4 or 5. Didn't really get into it until I had that pikachu N64, which I got when I was maybe about 7.

#23 Edited by harry_james_pot (11098 posts) -

Around 5-6.

#24 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6569 posts) -

I think I was around 6 or 7 yo when I played my first game (on PC).

#25 Posted by marcheegsr (2962 posts) -

like 7 or 8

#26 Posted by CrimsonBrute (23732 posts) -

I'd say I was around 5 or 6.

#27 Posted by Jacanuk (5154 posts) -

@brimmul777 said:

I was 5 years old.I am now 39 years old,so I have been playing games for about 34 years.

How about you???How old were you???Thank You for your replies. :)

Was around 3-4 when it was more than just my dad sitting with me looking at his son hammering on the keys.

So its been 20+ years now. of gaming.

#28 Posted by Jetsfan122 (83 posts) -

@brimmul777:

I was 9 years old and it was Pac Man for the Atari 2600

#29 Posted by Sandmand12 (40 posts) -

when i was 6 or 7,i was playing megaman x5,on ps1.....ahhhh sweet memory..... :)

#30 Edited by Tigarian (213 posts) -

About 4 years old on my dad's Atari. Joust was my favorite along with Combat and Chopper Command. I thought Star Raiders was really cool but I just couldn't wrap my head around around the advanced touch pad controls mostly because I couldn't read I suppose. I was a real pleb back then.

#31 Edited by udUbdaWgz1 (631 posts) -

my home consoling began with the 3rd version atari system between 1980-82 and, therefore, i was somewhere between 9-11.

as for, coin-operated arcade games? i have no clue but i'd guess somewhere around age 5, give or take.

#32 Edited by CoOpCouple (10 posts) -

I first started playing games when I was 6 years old. My parents bought me a SNES with Super Mario World. Little did they know, that single act would create a game-collecting monster.

#33 Edited by watchdogsrules (474 posts) -

about 4 or 5 years old.

#34 Posted by blamix99 (2421 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

#35 Posted by Fezzinator101 (231 posts) -

#36 Posted by BabyPulpFiction (83 posts) -

4 or 5, Supermario.

#37 Posted by LexLas (4412 posts) -

I think i was like 10. It was the 80's, and arcades were the thing. Arcade palaces in San Francisco were at Pier 39. I used to ride my BMX to go play some of the coolest games. Then there were the corner stores, and movies, which had lots of arcades too. Pacman, Qbert, Pole Position, Joust, Tron ! It was the best gaming era. No more quarters now, its all about gaming at home.

#38 Posted by theguitarguy321 (57 posts) -

I was 4 or 5 when I started playing on my Dad's SNES. Been in love with games ever since. I'm 18 now.

#39 Edited by DuaIFace (535 posts) -

4 years old. That was 1982. The arcades were my shit. Still would be if they were around.

I'd say a few of us have quite the accolades behinds us. Or experience, if you prefer.

#40 Edited by Cloud_imperium (4778 posts) -

Age of 5 . Had a decade old Atari console at house . Used to play on it , then owned couple of other Sega consoles and stuff . Jump to PC in early 2000s , during Max Payne days . However , I played older PC games of 90s later , that I missed (Loved them) .

Been playing on PC ever since . Contra and Street Fighter 2 were one of the most played games and that coop jet fighter game on Atari console where you pick fuel along the way while destroying your enemies . Forgot its name .

#41 Edited by gzmnsl (4 posts) -

I guess 5. Oh man.. How I loved commodore 64. Now I'm 26.

#42 Posted by RDx_XacT (536 posts) -

At 10, I was totally into Mario & Contra.

Am 26 now & the gaming world has changed drastically but nothing can beat those good old games.

#43 Edited by Senor_Kami (8437 posts) -

4 or 5. Probably 5. Whatever age kids are in kindergarten. Been gaming for... 26 years I guess.

#44 Edited by Renegade_Fury (17341 posts) -

3. It was a mix of playing intellivision games, like auto racing, with my dad, mario and duck hunt with my cousins, and Math Rabbit for DOS.

#45 Posted by crewe8 (703 posts) -

@brimmul777: Probably bout 7 - 8 , playing on a friends spectrum +2, before I got a Commodore 64. Now nearly 35.

#46 Posted by ArgosMinus (14 posts) -

Everyone started playing games so young. I only started at 8-9 years old

#47 Posted by ail_taco (120 posts) -

2 or 3...you'll never know how much i'll miss my gaming grandma. Those were real rare in the 90s. On top of all she was good. One of the best Contra players i ever seen!. God rest her soul

#48 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16908 posts) -

I was about.... I wanna say six, seven at the latest. I started with GBA and Gamecube. Been gaming ever since so that would mean around 14 or 15 years for me.

#49 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2442 posts) -

4. im 21 now

#50 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (219 posts) -

I believe I was 7 when I first started gaming. Can't remember if my first game was Pokemon Yellow on the GBC or Grandia for the PS1. It's been almost 15 years that I've been gaming now.....