So yesterday I bought AC3 on steam as it was on sale, I installed you play and entered my code. I am now a proud owner of the game Assassin's Creed III. (I also bought AC2 but that isn't important) I haven't tried to play the SP yet but I can only assume it works as I played AC2 just before. I tried to play the MP due to my friend wanting me to play with him. It also looks like really great fun. I clicked multiplayer and it launched and loaded but after about 10 seconds of "Searching For Updates" and "Connecting to Abstergo Animi- OR SOME CRAP" It tells me that it cannot connect to Ubisoft and that I am to be put into "Limited Mode".
This Is a List of All the things I have tried due to instinct and research:
- A fresh reinstall of the game
- Updating UPlay
- Allowing it through my firewall
- Disabling my antivirus (COMODO)
- Running Uplay And AC3 as admin
- Setting UPlay and AC3 to "Run as administrator"
- Allowing the AC3 and Ubisoft ports
- Cleared my "Hosts" fillike support told me
- Checked the servers are up (THEY ARE)
This is extremely frustrating becuase I really want to play multiplayer with my friend because it is effectively half the game ruined If this doesn't work!
Thanks In Advance - Ryan