Are you buying Destiny?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Poll Are you buying Destiny? (49 votes)

Yes 37%
No 45%
Maybe later 18%

Anyone here planning to buy it at launch or during the rest of the week? If so, for what systems?

• 
mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#1 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Going to the midnight release tonight in my town. And I'm getting it for the PS3 (will eventually upgrade to PS4 after I buy one)

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#2 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Never, its a piss poor fps shooter.

The only fps game i would ever dream of playing is hardline if it didn't change to much from the beta.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mastermetal777

@Jacanuk: Did you play the beta? Because Bungie said that wasn't an accurate representation of the full game (tweaks were made so you don't level up as fast in the main game). But either way, sucks that you don't like it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

Yeah I'll be going to line up for the midnight launch tonight. I'm getting the Xbox One version. I loved the beta so I can't wait to get my hands on the full game.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

Only because it comes with my White PS4.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I never saw any footage or previews that lead me to believe I would enjoy it much plus I hate MMO's and not even a fan of MP. I thought the maps looked rather dull and theres nothing special with the graphics to draw me to it either so until I happen to play it first without buying it to experience the gameplay, I have no real interest.

I wonder if some no name company made this game, if it would have been hyped like it was? I doubt it myself considering every media outlet posts the word Bungie in big letters as if to market the game on a brand rather than let the game do it itself. Bungie already stated a warning to readers that "day 1 reviews may not tell the whole story" so perhaps they are expecting some negatives and worry about an interruption of their immediate cash flow.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

Nope.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@mastermetal777 said:

@Jacanuk: Did you play the beta? Because Bungie said that wasn't an accurate representation of the full game (tweaks were made so you don't level up as fast in the main game). But either way, sucks that you don't like it.

Ya, i played it a bit and i cant begin to describe how overrated it is.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mastermetal777

@Jacanuk: @pimphand_gamer: The reason Bungie said that was because of their previous comments of the game not truly beginning until you beat the campaign and reach the base level cap. Most reviews try to bum-rush games and beat them in order to get their review out of the way. With a game that has more features to offer after the cap, it makes sense to say that, since online games usually have much more to offer past the initial launch.

As for Jacanuk, well that's your experience. I was actually skeptical of the game before the beta, but after playing it for a full 2 weeks, I was instantly sold.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Yup have it pre ordered for the PS4

caketoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 caketoo
Member since 2005 • 1783 Posts

I'll be renting it, already on the way thru gamefly. After watching some streams though I don't know if ill be keeping it very long. I'm tired of hype deeming games "great" before the games are even released. It just looks like a pretty borderlands with more MP modes and all of the predictability FPS have.

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

@caketoo said:

I'll be renting it, already on the way thru gamefly. After watching some streams though I don't know if ill be keeping it very long. I'm tired of hype deeming games "great" before the games are even released. It just looks like a pretty borderlands with more MP modes and all of the predictability FPS have.

I'll take it. Borderlands was great.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@mgools said:

@caketoo said:

I'll take it. Borderlands was great.

No, the problem is it's a Borderlands copy except with no flare or style and a realistic art style. The original Borderlands was akin to a real world feel. Gearbox scrapped it because it didn't work and went cell-shaded. Destiny also has no weapon type variety with monotonous missions and a boring story. I'm just saying, don't get Destiny because you liked Borderlands. You could argue their are more differences than similarities.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

Nope, nothing about it appeals to me.

Having said that, Activision seems determined to make this their next big franchise, so their millions spent on marketing will translate to a ton of GOTY awards.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#15  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Yup, getting it today

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I might buy it when/if it comes out on pc. After all, I don't know yet if it's my kind of game.

crewe8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 crewe8
Member since 2008 • 703 Posts

Not my kinda game.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Yeah I did, but a lot of that had to do with having not much else to play. But so far I'm enjoying it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Last_Ride

@johnd13 said:

I might buy it when/if it comes out on pc. After all, I don't know yet if it's my kind of game.

You should have tried out the beta, that would have done it most likely

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

the sword of chota mission was incredibly fun. Dis game needs swords as a permanent fixture. And I admit to preferring the sight of my character rather than an FPS view. i don't think FPS confers any advantage aim-wise and third person views actually mimic peripheral vision quite well, so you're not constantly bumping into shit like you do backing up in first person. I kinda like the visual style as well...my titan has got some slick armor right now and I hate that the only time i can see it is at the tower and during supercharge attacks.

The way it's going, I would say that you'll likely hit level 20 between 10-15 hours but you won't have even unlocked all the abilities of your first subclass by then, let alone the second. No idea how long it would take to max your light levels or how that's even implemented yet. I just unlocked Venus, so I'm looking forward to seeing something I didn't see in beta.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Bought it.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

It doesn't look extremely interesting to me. Seems rather bland.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Not at all interested. I'll continue to go through my back log until Smash Bros. hits.

Sweeneykill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Sweeneykill
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Played it for a few hours. I thought it's awesome, especially for a FPS. Story is interesting, controls are good, graphics amazing (PS4), original soundtrack, etc. Best way to describe it: Halo & Mass Effect had a baby. That pretty much sums up my opinion and experience I think. You can clearly tell there's a Halo (Bungie) feel to it. Got some RPG elements so if FPS with some RPG is your thing - then I suggest you give the game a try.
But to be fair I've only played to level 4 so far. Wished I could play the game properly, but alas that must wait until the weekend.
Only negative so far is there are issues with co-op. But since this is an open world sort of FPS I was sort of expecting it to have some flaws on release.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

no. had it pre ordered and played the alpha and just couldnt get into it.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 johnd13

@The_Last_Ride said:

@johnd13 said:

I don't have a console. :(

Arcturus-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Arcturus-Prime
Member since 2014 • 57 Posts

Hopefully I can pick it up today. I think a lot of people really enjoyed the beta. Those who did, probably picked it up yesterday.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I bought digital copy on 360 for free one upgrade. I went against the marketing hand didn't buy it on ps4 lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#29 deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

No. I'd rather just play Borderlands 2, to be honest.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The_Last_Ride

@johnd13 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@johnd13 said:

oh well, that sucks for you i guess

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Behardy24

@johnd13 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@johnd13 said:

Don't lose hope! Destiny will eventually come out for PC

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/activision-says-bungie-s-destiny-on-pc-is-a-natural-fit/1100-6420475/

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Behardy24

@arcturus-prime said:

Hopefully I can pick it up today. I think a lot of people really enjoyed the beta. Those who did, probably picked it up yesterday.

Yup. I enjoyed the beta so I picked it up yesterday. I haven't played enough to give a final judgement though.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Ish_basic said:

the sword of chota mission was incredibly fun. Dis game needs swords as a permanent fixture. And I admit to preferring the sight of my character rather than an FPS view. i don't think FPS confers any advantage aim-wise and third person views actually mimic peripheral vision quite well, so you're not constantly bumping into shit like you do backing up in first person. I kinda like the visual style as well...my titan has got some slick armor right now and I hate that the only time i can see it is at the tower and during supercharge attacks.

The way it's going, I would say that you'll likely hit level 20 between 10-15 hours but you won't have even unlocked all the abilities of your first subclass by then, let alone the second. No idea how long it would take to max your light levels or how that's even implemented yet. I just unlocked Venus, so I'm looking forward to seeing something I didn't see in beta.

Loved that mission as well, there's so much to do besides the main story like pvp, patrols, bounties and strikes. Put about 15 hours into Destiny so far and I'm only lvl 18 and haven't been to the last planet yet.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

No,this month is all about Wasteland 2.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By johnd13

@behardy24 said:

@johnd13 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@johnd13 said:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/activision-says-bungie-s-destiny-on-pc-is-a-natural-fit/1100-6420475/

I expect it to, yeah. No reason for them to skip the PC audience and their money.

BadSector71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BadSector71
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

PS4PRO's review is out as well...

It's a more positive one this time around.

http://ps4pro.eu/blog/2014/09/11/destiny-guardians-of-the-galaxy/

I don't know... Still not decided yet... They are writing some interesting things, but I am not sure this game is for me... :?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

No. I'm tired of FPSes. Every single one I play has gunplay that is mundane and dull. There's going to have to be some significant steps made in many respects to the shooter genre for me to get interested in it again.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Behardy24

@johnd13 said:

@behardy24 said:

@johnd13 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@johnd13 said:

I expect it to, yeah. No reason for them to skip the PC audience and their money.

Yup. They'll make boat tons of money on PC. They'll make even more if they allow mods. Not sure if that will happen though since I have no clue what Activitsion's stance is on that stuff.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Behardy24

@Nanomage said:

No,this month is all about Wasteland 2.

That's coming out this month? I didn't expect it to be out so soon, I still need to play the first one.