Anyone want a good laugh? DOA live-action movie is now available for purchase!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Yup-yup! The greatest video game movie of ALL-TIME is finally out! :lol: and exclusive to rent at Blockbuster (saw it on a commercial...I can't believe they're actually advertising this on TV :roll: ).

Anyway, I just want to see how stupid this is. Really, I'm not watching this because of those hot ninja chicks *ahem*, and I certainly don't care about Holly Vallance from Australia that plays as Christie :D ...but my real reason I want to see the movie is to see what the filmmakers did with the DOA material and how much they screwd it up.

Yeah, it's not about those girls *cough*cough*, it's about my taste as a movie-buff and ambition as a indie-filmmaker. ;)

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

I'm not touching this.

I'm not familiar with the source material, so I can't even approach it that way.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
Naw, it's all about Postal!!!!!
justinleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 justinleo
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

It was quite painful to watch actually... just because you can edit out the wires doesn't mean you have free reign on the kind of stunts and jumps they were doing. Almost painful in most areas, and the plot and characters... *shudder*. It was worth my 5 bucks, but maybe not the time to watch it.

At least the release of these movies encourage more professional and higher quality ones to be made though.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

It was quite painful to watch actually... just because you can edit out the wires doesn't mean you have free reign on the kind of stunts and jumps they were doing. Almost painful in most areas, and the plot and characters... *shudder*. It was worth my 5 bucks, but maybe not the time to watch it.

At least the release of these movies encourage more professional and higher quality ones to be made though.

justinleo

Yeah, encouraging more professional and higher qaulity ones like the new Street Fighter II movie in the works from Doom director. :roll:

In contrast, I'm thinking it encourages bad filmmakers in thinking, "Hey, if they can do it, I can too!"

Stop, please just stop! :evil:

MarcusAntonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MarcusAntonius
Member since 2004 • 15667 Posts
That's a 12 pack of Guiness and a load of laundry gone to waste.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
[QUOTE="justinleo"]

ASK_Story

Yeah, encouraging more professional and higher qaulity ones like the new Street Fighter II movie in the works from Doom director. :roll:

In contrast, I'm thinking it encourages bad filmmakers in thinking, "Hey, if they can do it, I can too!"

Stop, please just stop! :evil:

I agree. We don't need anyone encouraging awful filmmakers to make more awful films.