Anyone try archery in Skyrim with no crosshair?

#1 Posted by gamerguru100 (11650 posts) -

Last night, I decided to try some archery with no crosshair for a second time. My first time was a while ago, and that was back when I had gotten the game; I didn't like having no crosshair, so I switched back...until last night. I gave it another go, and holy crap it's amazing. I practiced on some animals and stationary human targets and kinda got the hang of it.

I got ambushed by some cultists, and managed to take them down with only just a few (perhaps two to four) of my shots missing, which is pretty good IMO considering I had just turned off the crosshair maybe ten minutes beforehand. I then got up to the Forsworn camp at Dead Crone Rock. I managed to snipe them in just one or two shots. I checked the bodies and noticed I domed a few of them. Man, it's freaking great. The only thing I'm worried about now is trying to get accustomed to the crossbow without a crosshair.

#2 Posted by Treflis (11895 posts) -

If I'm in first person then I never have a crosshair on, but since I'm playing Skyrim in third person it's just near impossible to use a bow in that view without one.

#3 Posted by Ish_basic (4155 posts) -

not only that, but it's impossible to pick anything up in third person without a crosshair. I mean, if you want to just take the whole shelf, ok...but if you just want one thing on the shelf, gl.

#4 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

I never knew you could even take crosshairs off. Sounds both interesting and difficulty for archery.

#5 Edited by johnd13 (8549 posts) -

Sounds challenging and quite more realistic. I might try it some time.

#6 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19049 posts) -

This reminds me of Naruto's 2nd Stage of Rasengan training..... Concentration.

#7 Edited by Ish_basic (4155 posts) -

@behardy24 said:

I never knew you could even take crosshairs off. Sounds both interesting and difficulty for archery.

they have mods for everything. Of course, for this one you can just type "tm" in the console command window, but that eliminates all traces of the HUD, so people generally just grab the mod.

One cool thing, this modder introduced sniper-sight dwemer bows that use dwemer looking technology to produce a rudimentary weapon sight. Works great with no crosshair for a more realistic experience.

#8 Edited by gamerguru100 (11650 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

Sounds challenging and quite more realistic. I might try it some time.

FYI, use the arrowhead as a point of reference. It was surprisingly easy to snipe people down range once I got the feeling of it.