Anyone playing The Wolf Among Us?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

I tried writing in the game specific forum, but it doesn't seem to exist, and the site gives me an error when I click on it. But, anyway...

I bought this game on a whim in that PSN sale without knowing anything about it. I loved The Walking Dead, and enjoyed the one episode I played of Back To The Future, so I thought this couldn't be too bad. I'm really glad I did. This is already one of my favorite games. But I haven't seen any threads on it.

I really enjoy the story and characters. I also enjoy the bits of detective work that go into piecing things together in a scene. I definitely think the game is better made than TWD. Of course, the story and everything else is subjective. This game also really has me thinking about it when I'm not playing trying to figure out what's going on.

Is anyone playing it? What do you think?

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Yeah it's great.

I've never read the comics it's based on but i am really enjoying the story,lore and characters so far.(not much gameplay in these type of games)

This week's episode was a bit lackluster though.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#3 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I'm waiting for all episodes to come out, which is something I can't do with TWD because I absolutely can't wait to play those episodes as they roll out. I know nothing about what The Wolf Among Us is based on, so it's something I can wait to play. I wouldn't even be interested if it weren't for all the positive reception and the fact that it's made by Telltale.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Grieverr

This week's episode was ok, but it didn't move the story much. It did, though, introduce a few new concepts, like black market glamor, and it further developed some relationships. I think it was a good episode. A little too short, or maybe I just want more.

I can't stop trying to solve this in my head. So many possibilities for who it could be.

I also have no knowledge of the comics this is based on. But I'm really enjoying the lore.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#5 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i intend to buy it when all the episodes are out. I just can't sit around and wait for the episodes to drop

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

Yeah, the atmosphere is great. Really diggin' the game although I'm a bit surprised this isn't labelled as "a movie" considering people's opinion on Heavy Rain, Beyond and Uncharted...

Too bad it's pretty short though...

Do check out Tales of Monkey island as well if you like the Telltale games. They're pretty awesome.

Zjun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7 Zjun
Member since 2013 • 147 Posts

A game heavily based on story and animation which I despise isn't for me.

Mr. Z~kun

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Grieverr said:

This week's episode was ok, but it didn't move the story much. It did, though, introduce a few new concepts, like black market glamor, and it further developed some relationships. I think it was a good episode. A little too short, or maybe I just want more.

I can't stop trying to solve this in my head. So many possibilities for who it could be.

I also have no knowledge of the comics this is based on. But I'm really enjoying the lore.

It didn´t move the story much? wth it basically gave you 90% of the story and pretty much revealed the rest of the episodes path unless of course Telltale makes another twist.

So if you havent solved it by now, well good for you but i think the rest of us have seen where the light shine.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Yep. I'm also a huge fan of the Fables comics. The game is awesome so far, and I really enjoyed episode 2. I just hope the wait for episode 3 isn't as long..

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Grieverr

@Jacanuk: You have it figured out, you think? I think there are a lot of possibilities. I don't want to post specifics, but I see reasons for multiple ways this can go. Again, I know nothing of the comics, so if this is following a known storyline, then color me uninformed.

I didn't think it moved the story much because we're still kinda in the same place as we were at the end of ep.1. Granted, we have new knowledge of spells and people.

@xWoW_Rougex: Thanks, I'll check out the other series. Is Monkey Island PC only? I wanted to check out Jurassic Park as well, but I don't game on my PC. I also played the Back to the Future demo and really liked it.

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

@Grieverr said:

@Jacanuk: You have it figured out, you think? I think there are a lot of possibilities. I don't want to post specifics, but I see reasons for multiple ways this can go. Again, I know nothing of the comics, so if this is following a known storyline, then color me uninformed.

I didn't think it moved the story much because we're still kinda in the same place as we were at the end of ep.1. Granted, we have new knowledge of spells and people.

@xWoW_Rougex: Thanks, I'll check out the other series. Is Monkey Island PC only? I wanted to check out Jurassic Park as well, but I don't game on my PC. I also played the Back to the Future demo and really liked it.

No, Tales of Monkey Island is available for PS3 as well.

RadioGooGoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RadioGooGoo
Member since 2007 • 253 Posts

Yeah it's just too long between drinks. 4 months? It ruins the anticipation as with actual episodic content like TV. First one was great, so I'm sure it'll be fantastic played back to back in 10 hours when the whole season gets released. The only unfortunate thing is that it might be 2015 before the entire compilation comes out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#13 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

After playing the first season of The Walking Dead episode by episode on the very day it came out I think I'm waiting for full seasons of TWD and The Wolf Among Us before I get into it. I have high expectations for TWAU since most people since to sing it high praise.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Have played the two episodes n gotta say it's a great story-driven game , loved the story so far , i hope to see more gameplay in the upcoming episodes u know the last one was just story !

halipokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 halipokes
Member since 2014 • 48 Posts

Yeah, I've played the first and the second episode when they first came out, and I love it way too much too. I love TelltaleGames' style of getting the hype up and letting people wait. Some don't like it, but I personally think more games should do it like that (I could be wrong, but isn't The Broken Age done the same way?)

But yes, amazing game, waiting for the third episode eagerly.

CasualGamer36x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CasualGamer36x
Member since 2012 • 65 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

i intend to buy it when all the episodes are out. I just can't sit around and wait for the episodes to drop

^This. I did the same with TWD and I enjoyed it a lot. Although, since I played all the episodes back to back, it was a bit heavy emotionally.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@CasualGamer36x said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

^This. I did the same with TWD and I enjoyed it a lot. Although, since I played all the episodes back to back, it was a bit heavy emotionally.

True, but it's the same with series. I usually wait until the season is done and buy the dvd or watch it on a streaming service. I just can't bear to watch one episode and then wait for next week or month or whatever

CasualGamer36x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CasualGamer36x

@The_Last_Ride: Exactly. Ever watched Sherlock(BBC)? They release fucking 3 episodes every 2 years.... It wouldn't matter but the episodes are so good, it's hard waiting for the next episode to come out. Especially with their cliffhanger endings.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jacanuk

@Grieverr said:

Again i am not sure what you are referring to? did you just play episode 1? or did you think at the end of episode 2 , nah i dont believe anything i just saw in the last 15min.

But again if you didn't feel they moved the story forward i cant see how much else they can do. I think they moved the story forward quite a bit and unless they do it like i suspect they will they pretty much revealed everything.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jacanuk

@CasualGamer36x said:

@The_Last_Ride: Exactly. Ever watched Sherlock(BBC)? They release fucking 3 episodes every 2 years.... It wouldn't matter but the episodes are so good, it's hard waiting for the next episode to come out. Especially with their cliffhanger endings.

Sherlock is released once a year , But its British tv, they always do it that way, they dont do like the Americans do, milk a hit show until its dead and buried and cant be used again.

CasualGamer36x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CasualGamer36x

@Jacanuk: I'm not saying they should milk it with 25 episodes per year but come on isn't 3 per year a little too less a number? Or do all tv shows in the UK do it like that? Also, does anyone know of any detective games which focus on finding clues and piecing them together to solve the mystery kinda stuff? I know L A Noire but any others? I hear Soul Suspect looks good.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jacanuk

@CasualGamer36x said:

@Jacanuk: I'm not saying they should milk it with 25 episodes per year but come on isn't 3 per year a little too less a number? Or do all tv shows in the UK do it like that? Also, does anyone know of any detective games which focus on finding clues and piecing them together to solve the mystery kinda stuff? I know L A Noire but any others? I hear Soul Suspect looks good.

Ya pretty much all bigger budget shows in the UK do it like that 3-6 episodes pr season and then usually 1year or more between each season, only exception is the soaps, they usually have more Even on the more commercial stations like ITV, Ch4, ch5, BBC which airs Sherlock is owned by the British government and we all pay a license fee to it, so they don't need the income from advertisements.

But i agree with you that its a pain to wait a year to see the next instalment and i would wish that they would at least make 6 but im used to it so i just watch some american shows instead :D

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Grieverr

@Jacanuk: Yes, I played ep.2. What I'm saying is, at the end of ep.1, we knew:

-someone is killing fables that fit a certain description.

-the Tweedles and Woody know something

-the "lower class" fables hate the business office

-there's some sort of magic keeping everyone's "leaps sealed"

-Crane's a jerk

-Beauty and Beast have a rocky relationship

I don't feel I can add more bullet points after finishing ep. 2. I can add more details to the bullet points, but I don't feel like I can add any significant new ones. And that's what I mean by not moving the story further. I'm loving the game, don't get me wrong. I guess this sounds like a complaint, but it really isn't. Just an observation.

An as far as who the killer is, again, I don't want to add spoilers here, but I think some characters would be too obvious, while I can think of motives for other less obvious characters to be guilty.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@CasualGamer36x said:

Sherlock is released once a year , But its British tv, they always do it that way, they dont do like the Americans do, milk a hit show until its dead and buried and cant be used again.

It's also different with games

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jacanuk

@Grieverr said:

@Jacanuk: Yes, I played ep.2. What I'm saying is, at the end of ep.1, we knew:

-someone is killing fables that fit a certain description.

-the Tweedles and Woody know something

-the "lower class" fables hate the business office

-there's some sort of magic keeping everyone's "leaps sealed"

-Crane's a jerk

-Beauty and Beast have a rocky relationship

I don't feel I can add more bullet points after finishing ep. 2. I can add more details to the bullet points, but I don't feel like I can add any significant new ones. And that's what I mean by not moving the story further. I'm loving the game, don't get me wrong. I guess this sounds like a complaint, but it really isn't. Just an observation.

An as far as who the killer is, again, I don't want to add spoilers here, but I think some characters would be too obvious, while I can think of motives for other less obvious characters to be guilty.

Hmm, some of the points are revealed in ep 2 and not 1

Also you forgot that they basically revealed 90% of the plot and pretty much why Lilly and Faith were killed.

But anyways matter of opinion and perception so lets just wait for ep 3 and see where they take us.