anybody miss console exclusives?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TFrieden0928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 TFrieden0928
Member since 2007 • 324 Posts

i remember the times where GTA was with sony and Elder scrolls was with microsoft, anybody miss though days? or do you like the non exclusive systems of today.

zhivago_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 zhivago_x
Member since 2007 • 412 Posts
I miss PC exclusives.
ShenlongBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 ShenlongBo
Member since 2004 • 3800 Posts
The fewer the exclusives, the better. I haven't felt the need to cop a PS3 yet because there's nothing I want to play on it that I can't play on the 360. If that never changes, it won't break my heart.
Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts
There still are enough exclusives to justify be buying one of each console.
Now that I've done that, I don't really care what platform a game comes out on this generation. I'll still get to play it.
skylin05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 skylin05
Member since 2007 • 11903 Posts
I wish they were gone long ago. Sure it sometimes produces better games, but there are some games I want to play, but my parents are only letting me get 1 next gen system. There are some great games I may never get to play. I chose to get the PS3 because of Square Enix.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts
If everything is multiplat might as well have one console on the market, so yea I kinda miss exclusives.
Darth_Tigris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Darth_Tigris
Member since 2002 • 2506 Posts

i remember the times where GTA was with sony and Elder scrolls was with microsoft, anybody miss though days? or do you like the non exclusive systems of today.

TFrieden0928

To be honest, GTA was never a console exclusive. IT was a TIMED exclusive last gen.

Exclusives will always be part of a multi-console generation. But things are moving more toward FIRST PARTY exclusives only. I have no problem with that. I never much cared for third party exclusives as a rule. It comes across as favortism on the part of the publishers.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
There need to be exclusives in order for seperate consoles to serve a purpose. Why have multiple consoles that can all play the same games? That makes no sense what-so-ever.