Any Star Wars games being released in 2014?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ObxChillin (117 posts) -

I heard Star Wars Battlefront was coming out but i dont think that's untill next year. Any Star Wars games coming out in 2014?

#2 Posted by spike6958 (4822 posts) -

Yeah, Battlefront is coming out in 2015. Not heard of anything coming out in 2014, but it's possible that EA might announce something at E3 for later this year.

#3 Posted by Hennius (45 posts) -

Need MORE jedi academy... Or a revamped HD remake... Drooling already at the concept.

#4 Edited by ObxChillin (117 posts) -

@hennius:

Yeah i agree. I hope there will be an announcement at E3. Star Wars 1313 was supposed to be released a few months ago i think but it got cancled because disney bought lucas arts. Do you guys think star wars game's will be better or worse or the same with Disney instead of Lucas Arts???

Also i would love a new KOTOR

#5 Edited by -ParaNormaN- (832 posts) -
@ObxChillin said:

I heard Star Wars Battlefront was coming out but i dont think that's untill next year. Any Star Wars games coming out in 2014?

I haven't heard anything SW coming out this year. I think it's safe to say that we can expect less Extended Universe Star Wars games coming out in the future. With Disney cancelling 2 out of 3 SW games and the Clone Wars tv show and postponing the Seth Green SW cartoon, I think it's just the tip of the iceburg. If we get anything that is SW related, it will most likely be spin offs of Episode VII. Sucks because I really wanted to play 1313 and am waiting for The Force Unleashed III.

#6 Edited by Ish_basic (4027 posts) -

@ObxChillin said:

@hennius:

Yeah i agree. I hope there will be an announcement at E3. Star Wars 1313 was supposed to be released a few months ago i think but it got cancled because disney bought lucas arts. Do you guys think star wars game's will be better or worse or the same with Disney instead of Lucas Arts???

Also i would love a new KOTOR

Disney hasn't renewed the trademark on 1313 so it's likely canceled. But Disney is not who you have to worry about as far as SW games. EA bought the rights from Disney to do SW games for the next 10 years. Personally, I think Disney should have handled it on a pitch-by-pitch basis rather than just handing over the rights to a single company. Had that been the case, someone could have come along and revived 1313, but I don't see EA doing it.

It depends on how EA handles it. Dice doing a battlefront game makes sense and so does BioWare doing a KotOR. I'm sure with EA holding the rights we're likely to see more SW games in the next ten years just because they will want to use it. It's just the quality and originality of the games that is in question.

#7 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (832 posts) -

EA has rights to SW? That sucks so much. Each game is going to be $80.

#8 Posted by Gallowhand (476 posts) -

I don't really expect anything good from the Star Wars franchise in the future.

#9 Posted by spike6958 (4822 posts) -

@Ish_basic: Actually EA lost the rights to Lord of The Rings after Conquest. The games since then, War in the North, Guardians of Middle Earth, LEGO Lord of the Rings and the upcoming LEGO The Hobbit and Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor are owned and published by WB.

#10 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72236 posts) -

Yeah, Battlefront is 2015 at the earliest, i seriously doubt it's coming out this year, same goes for the Visceral and Bioware game

#11 Posted by jukev2424 (244 posts) -

I read somewhere that battlefront would most likely be released near the film episode 7, which is set for december 2015. Fingers crossed that star wars games will make their comeback. Have a bad feeling about EA though.

#12 Edited by Ish_basic (4027 posts) -

@spike6958 said:

@Ish_basic: Actually EA lost the rights to Lord of The Rings after Conquest. The games since then, War in the North, Guardians of Middle Earth, LEGO Lord of the Rings and the upcoming LEGO The Hobbit and Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor are owned and published by WB.

corrected. No idea why I thought SoM was EA. obviously wasn't paying much attention.

@jukev2424: Have a bad feeling about EA though.

#13 Posted by Mesomorphin (826 posts) -

Star wars Jedi knight 4 would be a nice surprise at e3...Other than that the only offical Star wars game being released this year, is Star Wars attack squadrons! Check it out, it looks decent.

#14 Posted by tjj89 (30 posts) -

SW attack squadrons but it doesn't look good.

And they do things you cant do in actual SW like customize ships

#15 Posted by Assimilat0r (745 posts) -

@-paranorman- said:

Good thing that i am not console gamer i am gonna buy hardware part and 2 games for taht amount of money :)

#16 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (832 posts) -
@Assimilat0r said:

@-paranorman- said:

Good thing that i am not console gamer i am gonna buy hardware part and 2 games for taht amount of money :)

Very nice, haha. I'm a pc gamer myself but prefer games like these on a console. I'll just wait a few months or so and see how low the used game prices have gotten. Hopefully within a year they'll drop to at least 30.

#17 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

@ObxChillin: I heard it was being cancelled.

#18 Posted by ObxChillin (117 posts) -

@RimacBugatti said:

@ObxChillin: I heard it was being cancelled.

lol what game are you talking about?

#19 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

@ObxChillin: I read somewhere recently that the latest Star Wars game being built was cancelled. Maybe there is more than one game in development?

#20 Edited by sukraj (23023 posts) -