Any place to buy old games cheap?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts
Topic. Ebay has way to over expensive prices.
SteamedBennet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SteamedBennet
Member since 2011 • 534 Posts

GOG.com- Offers old games digitally for pretty cheap

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SonicNextGen2
Check That. Console Games
M3tr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

#4 M3tr4nk0
Member since 2008 • 889 Posts

Another one of these threads? Here.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

Topic. Ebay has way to over expensive prices.SonicNextGen2

The only cheaper way to get games that I know if is 1. yardsales 2. Pawn shops, or 3. local game shops (run by old ladies that dont have the internet) and 4. goodwill (www.shopgoodwill has quite a bit of traffic, but good prices here and there on bundles of games)

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

You might find good deals on ebay for games that have had recent ports or games that were put up for PSN/XBLA emulation. Just bought Star Ocean 2nd Story in perfect condition for around $25.

l3ol3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 l3ol3
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

just buy a lot on ebay and just bid

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SonicNextGen2

Another one of these threads? Here.

M3tr4nk0
Oh thanks! And sorry.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

That's weird, I'm not sure what titles you are looking for, but I have gotten some steals on Ebay on rare games. But if Ebay isn't your thing, you could always browse Amazon; I have found several good deals here and there on that site. Also, I'm not sure where you live, but if you live near any record or thrift stores you can get amazing deals on rare games there, just because those places rarely know the true value of the games they sell. I found Goldeneye 007, Super Mario 64, Banjo Tooie, and Waverace 64 one day at a thrift store for $5 each. Oh, and I also found a copy of Tales of Symphonia at a record store for $8 one time.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SonicNextGen2

That's weird, I'm not sure what titles you are looking for, but I have gotten some steals on Ebay on rare games. But if Ebay isn't your thing, you could always browse Amazon; I have found several good deals here and there on that site. Also, I'm not sure where you live, but if you live near any record or thrift stores you can get amazing deals on rare games there, just because those places rarely know the true value of the games they sell. I found Goldeneye 007, Super Mario 64, Banjo Tooie, and Waverace 64 one day at a thrift store for $5 each. Oh, and I also found a copy of Tales of Symphonia at a record store for $8 one time.

Shenmue_Jehuty
Thrift and Record Stores, hmmm. There is a retro store but the man who owns it is so cheap, you can only sell and return games (used/new) for store credit and classics cost about two times as much as I would find them on the internet. And for thrift stores, there are only clothing thrift stores in my area.
SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SonicNextGen2
Oh, I am also looking for Mega Man Legends 2, Tales of Destiny, Tales of Eternia, pretty much PSOne classics.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

SonicNextGen2

Thrift and Record Stores, hmmm. There is a retro store but the man who owns it is so cheap, you can only sell and return games (used/new) for store credit and classics cost about two times as much as I would find them on the internet. And for thrift stores, there are only clothing thrift stores in my area.

Do you have any Goodwill store where you live? If so, that's where I found those rare N64 games, so I think it would be reasonable that you might run across some rare PS1 titles. Although, the titles that you are looking for are exceptionally rare so you might have to do a lot of looking, however my advice would be to just be patient and try and find a decent price on Ebay or Amazon. I feel your pain though; I've been trying to find a relatively cheap copy of Valkyrie Profile on PS1 and, umm, yeah, it has been very hard. But hang in there, you'll find what you're looking for at a good price eventually :)

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SonicNextGen2

[QUOTE="SonicNextGen2"][QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

Do you have any Goodwill store where you live? If so, that's where I found those rare N64 games, so I think it would be reasonable that you might run across some rare PS1 titles. Although, the titles that you are looking for are exceptionally rare so you might have to do a lot of looking, however my advice would be to just be patient and try and find a decent price on Ebay or Amazon. I feel your pain though; I've been trying to find a relatively cheap copy of Valkyrie Profile on PS1 and, umm, yeah, it has been very hard. But hang in there, you'll find what you're looking for at a good price eventually :)

KK, thanks for the advice ShenmueJ