Any old Commodore 64 and TRS-80 players out there?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by lozengez (509 posts) -

I recently reclaimed my TRS-80 and Commodore 64 (both complete in box and with multiple games each).

I don't have an old TV to hook them up to yet, but wanted to see if there were any old people out there who have fixed/ restored old personal computers from the dawn of time and if there are any good resources out there.

#2 Posted by The4thVIII (372 posts) -

Good luck with Legacy threads in this jumbled mess. Looks like members will have to fight of rit. Especially since it's EXTREMELY easy to add.

#3 Edited by SteelAttack (10520 posts) -

Not that I know of, old geezer. I think they might have gone down during the great war of 1861.

I truly hope you find someone, though.

#4 Posted by lozengez (509 posts) -

Sorry for the late reply, I've been trying to get this burro to get on the treadmill to power it. :P

#5 Edited by Randolph (10426 posts) -

I recently started trying to re-collect some of my favorite N64 games, and finding an older TV to play them on has been THE most difficult part, which I absolutely did not anticipate

#6 Edited by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -

@Randolph said:

I recently started trying to re-collect some of my favorite N64 games, and finding an older TV to play them on has been THE most difficult part, which I absolutely did not anticipate

Your best bet for the old tube televisions is pawn shops, but even then they are rare nowadays.

#7 Posted by SteelAttack (10520 posts) -

@lozengez said:

Sorry for the late reply, I've been trying to get this burro to get on the treadmill to power it. :P

I can offer you a good burro in exchange for a few pesos.

#8 Edited by Elk (473 posts) -

Here's my desk at work. You never know when you might need to play some Jump Man

#9 Posted by comp_atkins (31213 posts) -

hmm. this thread is making me want to see if can find parents old comomdore and get it going again. load "*" ,8,1

#10 Edited by carloscanalesv (106 posts) -

My first gaming machine was a Commodore 64.But it was so long ago that I can't remember playing any games there besides a Friday The 13th game and Strip Poker! lol XD

#11 Posted by lozengez (509 posts) -

@Elk said:

Here's my desk at work. You never know when you might need to play some Jump Man

Nice!

This is as far as I have gotten with the project so far:

#12 Edited by sukraj (21902 posts) -

I remember playing on my sinclair zx spectrum 48k.

#13 Edited by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

@Elk said:

lol that's kickass man. i didn't have commodore 64 but did have an apple IIe