Any of you guys play the original RPG Maker?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#1 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

I mean the one for psone. Me and a few friends and (even a couple of teachers), back in school used to make our own Dragon Quest-esque style RPG's, save em on our memory cards and trade em amongst each other, and play them. Used to be tons of fun. Anyone else do this kind of thing back then? (I guess the new version of RPG Maker is on Steam now and from screenshots, looks a lot more user friendly and accessible than the old version.)

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

I used to play the DEZAEMON games, which is more or less the same thing but for shooting games.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#3 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I did and it was not user-friendly, in my opinion.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Me and a couple of friends messed around with it but never really finished a project. The new version on PC is much easier to use I could tell when I tried the trial version.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#5 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I used to own it, not sure where it went. I never ended up making anything, and I didn't really know anyone else who even had a Playstation
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I did and it was not user-friendly, in my opinion.BranKetra
was definitely a pain in the butt to use. I need to try the new one out sometime.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#7 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

I did, but not enough to really get involved.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#8 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
[QUOTE="BranKetra"]I did and it was not user-friendly, in my opinion.Allicrombie
was definitely a pain in the butt to use. I need to try the new one out sometime.

Part of the reason I never made anything. The new one on Steam looked nice, I was looking at it during the sale
FreddyJeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FreddyJeffery
Member since 2013 • 164 Posts

I mean the one for psone. Me and a few friends and (even a couple of teachers), back in school used to make our own Dragon Quest-esque style RPG's, save em on our memory cards and trade em amongst each other, and play them. Used to be tons of fun. Anyone else do this kind of thing back then? (I guess the new version of RPG Maker is on Steam now and from screenshots, looks a lot more user friendly and accessible than the old version.)

Allicrombie
Oh i though you meant Rpg Maker 95 which was actually the original rpg maker. no I don't see the point of using Rpg maker on consoles with less customization options to make it your own game.
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

i always had bigger ideas than the memory card would allow

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#11 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

I tried to make something with RPG Maker 2 on the PS2, but I thought it sucked as a game creation tool. It was too clunky and unweildy.

A question to anybody who has played the recent RPG Maker: can you make words that are modern or futurstic? Can you run it on a pretty standard Dell laptop? Or a MacBook Air?

FreddyJeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FreddyJeffery

I tried to make something with RPG Maker 2 on the PS2, but I thought it sucked as a game creation tool. It was too clunky and unweildy.

A question to anybody who has played the recent RPG Maker: can you make words that are modern or futurstic? Can you run it on a pretty standard Dell laptop? Or a MacBook Air?

GreySeal9
You mean VX? and it;s expansion. You can have garage run RPG maker, oddly enough the new one is a step-back from the previous one in terms of power. Most computers can run it.
FreddyJeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FreddyJeffery
I make games with all of them on my laptop all the time, i don't even use my desktop for them.