Any MMORPG recommendations?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for elliotskywalker
elliotskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By elliotskywalker
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Been away for a while, focused much on my dissertation most of the day, and I ain't got no time to play hardcore MMORPGs. Right now, I often play Candy Crush and COC on my iPhone. It kills time fine but not that entertaining as time goes by.

So I'm here to ask for any recommendations as to any leisure MMOPRGs I can play, cause I prefer playing PvP to doing dungeons, which is too tiresome. Also, I would rather play for free than subscribe to a game I barely play in a month.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Guild Wars 2 has a trial promotion going on right now. PvP is very fun in the game for an MMO with solid communities and servers that host freely accessible teamspeak/mumble servers for your guild.

WvW is very active, which is the games 'open' PvP mode. It's the main reason why I keep going back to it due to how slick, seamless and lethal combat is from small-to-large scale encounters and just how integral voice/social communication is for the game mode, the maps are just the right size to find fights and situations. Structured PvP is still rolling, particularly with Team Queues, but I generally dislike how structured PvP is more about rotation/strategy/attrition in finding uneven matches than it is about actual quality fighting, since winning primarily involves a virtual point tick via conquest over a physical objective on the map to fight for.

The game has no subscription fees, but has an entry cost. Progression is still wholly horizontal with alot of skins, PvP finishers, hard-capped stat variations and (now) traits to sink your teeth into customizing the look, feel and playstyle of your character instead of increasing numbers, so it's very accessible for casual play habits.

If you're interested in the PvE side of things. Exploration is very vibrant and enjoyable with probably one of the most spread populations you'll find in a theme park MMOG. The dungeons are quite lackluster bar a few fractals and certain dungeon paths, but the living content that have been added to the game over the last 12 months have been really solid.

Edit: The Trial locks out the WvW game mode, unfortunately.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

DCUO

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts