Any fans of SNK fighting games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts
Anyone fans of SNKS many fighting series? Including World Heroes, Falt Fury, King of Fighters, Samurai Showdown, and many more.
Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

SNK? Eww.

dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 dragonps
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts
They created one of the best fighting games in years (KOF13) and in fact some of the most loved fighters ever made. I love them as a company and love their games :)
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
I have a Neo Geo MVS, so naturally. Mark of the Wolves is without rivals in the 2D fighting genre. Waku Waku 7 is also pure win.
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#5 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
Yes. There was once a time when the only fighting games in the world for me was the Tekken series at home and the King of Fighters series in arcades :D
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Heck Yes!!! Me!!! Me !!!! Me!!! From King of Fighters (Naturally) Tokon Matrimelee (which is actually made by Noise Factory), to Rage of the Dragons (Also Noise Factory), to World Heroes, Breakers, Savage Reign, Voltage Fighter: Gowcaizer, Waku Waku 7, Galaxy Fight, Aggressors of Dark Kombat, Ninja Masters, Fatal Fury/Garou, Art of Fighting, Kizuna Encounter (savage Reign 2), to Last Blade, to Samurai Shodown, to Neo Geo Battle Coliseum and many many many more
Karnage_Kasady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Karnage_Kasady
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
never got into it much
Frieza99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Frieza99
Member since 2012 • 228 Posts
Liked King of Fighters, a good fighting game with great characters.
Avatar image for HD_audio_CoYotE
HD_audio_CoYotE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 HD_audio_CoYotE
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Always LOVED SNK games.

Loved it when I could playe theese in the arcade back then.

That was always an amzing experience with this big sprites and the detailed pixel-arts.

Of course I never got that big EXTRA $$ in my a** to buy a NEOGEO :)

Used to Play Fatal Fury in the arcade.

King Of Fighters (95, 96) on PlayStation1

and King of Fighter 2001 (Sega Dreamcast)

also own and love the pocket versions (K.O.F. / Samurai Showdown) on NeoGeo Pocket Color

If someone want to get into this great fightinggames I'd highly recommend the Nintendo Wii + Tatsunoko Sticks!

(full-HD frontschweine ... don't cry now please)

There are awesome SNK-Collections for the Wii and you get them for a nice price!!

(Arcade Classics Vol.1 , K.O.F. Saga, Samurai Showdown Anthology, Metal Slug X Collection)

Cheers,

CoYotE

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nini200

Always LOVED SNK games.

That was always an amzing experience with this big sprites and the detailed pixel-arts.

also own and love the pocket versions (K.O.F. / Samurai Showdown) on NeoGeo Pocket Color

If someone want to get into this great fightinggames I'd highly recommend the Nintendo Wii + Tatsunoko Sticks!

There are awesome SNK-Collections for the Wii and you get them for a nice price!!

(Arcade Classics Vol.1 , K.O.F. Saga, Samurai Showdown Anthology, Metal Slug X Collection)

Cheers,

CoYotE

HD_audio_CoYotE
Last Blade and World Heroes Perfect just made it on the Wii VC as well.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nini200

Always LOVED SNK games.

Cheers,

CoYotE

HD_audio_CoYotE
Last Blade and World Heroes Perfect just made it on the Wii VC as well.
thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts
Yeah there are a few. King of Fighters 11 (the KOF game no one talks about lol) Samurai Shodown I and II (Before SC, this was as close as you could get to immersive, atmospheric weapon fighting. Hell SS still owns SC in the atmosphere department.) Garou: Mark of the Wolves (I like it cuz it's more akin to street fighter.....and cuz it's pretty) Last Blade 2 (same as above)
Avatar image for deactivated-5a263a314f72b
deactivated-5a263a314f72b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: -3

#13 deactivated-5a263a314f72b
Member since 2010 • 196 Posts

"King of Fighters 11 (the KOF game no one talks about lol)"thebest31406

I'm not sure all the KOF fans liked the Leader-Supers & the Active-Tag-In-Tag-Out GamePlay System that "King of Fighters 11" had. It was a good title, just not a fan-favorite, like 1998 & 2002.

I'm also a huge SNK fan, liking every series from "World Heroes" to "Kizuna Encounter," "Mark of the Wolves," "Samurai Shodown," "King of Fighters," to "Last Blade," "Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum," "Real Bout Fatal Fury" and "SVC Chaos: SNK Versus Capcom."

I'm still collecting old school SNK Fighters, mostly the Classic Game Collections for the PS2.

dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dragonps

[QUOTE="thebest31406"]

"King of Fighters 11 (the KOF game no one talks about lol)"GAME-QUEST-EX

I'm not sure all the KOF fans liked the Leader-Supers & the Active-Tag-In-Tag-Out GamePlay System that "King of Fighters 11" had. It was a good title, just not a fan-favorite, like 1998 & 2002.

I'm also a huge SNK fan, liking every series from "World Heroes" to "Kizuna Encounter," "Mark of the Wolves," "Samurai Shodown," "King of Fighters," to "Last Blade," "Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum," "Real Bout Fatal Fury" and "SVC Chaos: SNK Versus Capcom."

I'm still collecting old school SNK Fighters, mostly the Classic Game Collections for the PS2.

I would love to see some classic SNK fighters get the HD remix, imagine a new Last Blade looking like BB oooh yes please :D
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nini200
[QUOTE="GAME-QUEST-EX"]

[QUOTE="thebest31406"]

"King of Fighters 11 (the KOF game no one talks about lol)"dragonps

I would love to see some classic SNK fighters get the HD remix, imagine a new Last Blade looking like BB oooh yes please :D

I'd rather have a new Last Blade with the graphics of KOF 13. Now THAT is something to OOH yes about
DreamCuPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DreamCuPS
Member since 2012 • 28 Posts

I sure like the samurai shodown series a lot, its among my tops.

V_G_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 V_G_Fan
Member since 2009 • 64 Posts

Yes, I like SNKP games. :) I have King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match, King of Fighters 2002, King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match, Samurai Shodown Anthology, Maximum Impact, King of Fighters 2006, and Maximum Impact Regulation A. I had King of Fighters XIII but was disappointed in it and returned it to my local store. I know it's much better than King of Fighters XII but I just didn't like the fact that you can't tag in and out. I know the company is rebooting the franchise but when other games from the last generation consoles have this option and KOF 13 didn't, it seems like a a big let down. I know some may disagree but it's my 2 cents.

dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dragonps

Yes, I like SNKP games. :) I have King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match, King of Fighters 2002, King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match, Samurai Shodown Anthology, Maximum Impact, King of Fighters 2006, and Maximum Impact Regulation A. I had King of Fighters XIII but was disappointed in it and returned it to my local store. I know it's much better than King of Fighters XII but I just didn't like the fact that you can't tag in and out. I know the company is rebooting the franchise but when other games from the last generation consoles have this option and KOF 13 didn't, it seems like a a big let down. I know some may disagree but it's my 2 cents.

V_G_Fan
I forgave KOF13 for that as it made up with it with a damn good fighting engine, balancing, characters, color options etc. It was the best fighting game I have played for a long time and seeing that evo final video put a big smile on my face.
V_G_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 V_G_Fan
Member since 2009 • 64 Posts

[QUOTE="V_G_Fan"]

dragonps

I forgave KOF13 for that as it made up with it with a damn good fighting engine, balancing, characters, color options etc. It was the best fighting game I have played for a long time and seeing that evo final video put a big smile on my face.

It would have been nice to tag in and out like in King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match. :) I'm sure they'll do it in the next one and if the game is the same quality or better, I will buy it.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nini200
[QUOTE="V_G_Fan"]

dragonps

Everything's balanced very well in KOF 13 except Mr. Karate. He needs some serious balancing. He's a good character, but he's a bit too good and his combo's link together forever with hardly any penalization from the drive cancel guage. Fix that one character and the entire game would be balanced.
Saladin__7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Saladin__7
Member since 2012 • 116 Posts
SNK is good. Fatal Fury, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Art of Fighting, King of Fighters XIII, Metal Slug, Samurai Showdown 2. All good games. Let's not forget about Capcom vs SNK 2, either.
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#24 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts
I like SNK they're in my favorite cross over fighting game Capcom VS SNK.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#25 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I like SNK. I would enjoy Fatal Fury 3 on PSN with online play. Also, King of Fighters XIII is a solid fighter. It plays well. I wish Garou: Mark of the Wolves to come to PSN like Xbox Live. Art of Fighting and Samurai Showdown 2 are fun as well.