Any Chance Of A Harry Potter Open World Game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KieranStockton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KieranStockton
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

It's been a fair few years since Deathly Hallows Part 2 came to our screens and there hasn't really been much movement on the Harry Potter scene. However I've always felt that an open world exploration Harry Potter game would be great. With other movie series having similar games such as Lord Of The Rings and Star Wars why can't Harry Potter have one?

There is plenty of substance for such game. With vast landscapes such as Hogwarts and Diagon Alley there would be plenty of area's to explore. You could enter into the Harry Potter universe as a first year or even Harry himself, taking classes doing quests, tackling spiders all to increase your level to become the best wizard/witch ever. If a developer took this up and made it like a Skyrim and constantly giving the universe constant expansions why couldn't it work. Harry Potter is one of the world's biggest movie franchises and if made like a Skyrim with a mix of the old fashioned bully game there are plenty of opportunity for customers.

So why is it that one of our most beloved movie franchises is disappearing without one last big farewell with a totally awesome open world game? What do you think fellow muggles?

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I never watched HP but I adamantly feel that there are too many medieval fantasy games as there is. Just seems like 99% of RPG's are. I'm not against wizards and dragons but would be a breath of fresh air to see an RPG on the likes of i dunno..Matrix, Minority Report or even just a modern fantasy era would be fine.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

Harry potter and the order of phoenix was such game.

No chances of a new harry potter game are pretty slim.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

@pimphand_gamer: Harry Potter isn't medieval though, it's set in Modern day.

OT: I really don't know. We are getting new movies set in the HP universe, so it's possible that some games might be released to tie into it, but the chances of it been something more than a LEGO game is probably slim.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts
Loading Video...

sorry couldn't resist

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts