GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3098 Posts

Judging from the lack of booth babe galleries here and at other game sites, I'm led to believe that there were a lot of unemployed actresses and models not being utilized to pretend to like or know games this week at the LA Convention Center.

I really hope the industry has matured and moved past needing to hire fake eye candy to peddle their wares.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

I thought they made a policy to stop doing that a few years back. I remember there was discussion around doing this.

-Byshop

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

Are you guys all gay what's wrong with hot chicks showing games I love that.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

Does this count?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 43998 Posts

I miss them. :(

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#6 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@GalvatronType_R:

Loading Video...

plenty of booth babes and why does it matter if they're there? It's their choice isn't it?

GameSpot1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GameSpot1
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

Hi, guys. I worked as a 'Booth Babe' in 2012 2013 and 2014 and it was loads of fun! I also worked with a bunch of fun girls and we had a blast. People were almost always really respectful and I never personally had a problem with a guy or heard of any of my friends having issues.

In 2014 the agency we worked with in the past told us that 'Booth Babes are out' at E3 and said that companies were getting afraid to have beautiful women showing their games, because of 'feminist protests'. So none of the 7 or 8 girls I know that worked previous years got hired this year.

I was actually at E3 2015 on Tuesday with working with a film crew and I was shocked by how few models were actually there. It really hurt the atmosphere too and a lot of people were talking about it.

My guess is that there were 70% less girls modeling and working booths this year than last year. It was obviously intentional not to hire models from agencies, and it's a real shame because so many of my friends could have used the work and would have really enjoyed it!

Anyway, there you have it guys.;(

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_Last_Ride

@gamespot1 said:

Hi, guys. I worked as a 'Booth Babe' in 2012 2013 and 2014 and it was loads of fun! I also worked with a bunch of fun girls and we had a blast. People were almost always really respectful and I never personally had a problem with a guy or heard of any of my friends having issues.

In 2014 the agency we worked with in the past told us that 'Booth Babes are out' at E3 and said that companies were getting afraid to have beautiful women showing their games, because of 'feminist protests'. So none of the 7 or 8 girls I know that worked previous years got hired this year.

I was actually at E3 2015 on Tuesday with working with a film crew and I was shocked by how few models were actually there. It really hurt the atmosphere too and a lot of people were talking about it.

My guess is that there were 70% less girls modeling and working booths this year than last year. It was obviously intentional not to hire models from agencies, and it's a real shame because so many of my friends could have used the work and would have really enjoyed it!

that sucks big time

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@gamespot1 said:

It really is a shame, and I hadn't even considered the employment aspect. 99.9% of people are there for the games and having attractive girls dressed like VG characters just provides a cool atmosphere/experience that also helps companies show off their product. It's ironic how it's other women that are looking at booth babes as sex objects and playing the feminism card whereas the men are there for the games. Besides it's not like girls don't visit E3 as well... or that the models are being held against the will or something.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

A lot industries are moving away from sexualizing female characters

Look at movies you got Furiousa in Mad Max, women are now powerful and strong, and no longer sex objects. Kids love it, there eating this stuff up they hate sexualized stuff now, there open they love transgender and hate stereotypes etc.

and kids buy products so i mean if you have the sexualized those kids are gonna attack your product and make you look bad so like this all makes sense thats why industries are moving this way i think.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@ProtossX said:

Look at movies you got Furiousa in Mad Max, women are now powerful and strong, and no longer sex objects. Kids love it, there eating this stuff up they hate sexualized stuff now, there open they love transgender and hate stereotypes etc.

and kids buy products so i mean if you have the sexualized those kids are gonna attack your product and make you look bad so like this all makes sense thats why industries are moving this way i think.

no they're not. Look at the japanese market, look at Dragon Age having nude scenes, Witcher 3, etc

That movie should have been called Furiousa: Fury Road

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@ProtossX said:

That is so far from the truth its just crazy.

If you look at the latest top 10 grossing movies , you have hugly sexy female characters as leading cast, it's not the Melissa Mccarthys even tho she is quite attractive you see in those lead roles

Sex sell thats a fact, and it doesn't matter if you're male or female. Attractive characters just talk to you in a different way than less attractive do. Humans are shallow like that and that's why the feminists who demand less sexualised characters are actually asking the developers, producers and business to shot themselves in the foot and lose money.

It's kinda funny that people don't see that, while at the same time they are as shallow as all the rest of us.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I hate how SJW's and modern "feminists" are ruining long-standing traditions of gaming.

GameSpot1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GameSpot1
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

It seems like sexy is selling very well in the gaming world, but that the "PC Police" running E3 are terrified of the opinions of the few over what most people think. E3 2015 was really really dull compared to previous years and the energy level on Day 1 was about 25% as high as it was in previous years. There was far less action from booth to booth and not having 'Booth Babes' was to blame for this. That was what the models I know were saying and that was what the gamers were saying.

So if it's great for the 100-200 models and presenters that did not get jobs this year, and it's way more fun for E3 event goers, why are we ladies who want to be there being intentionally kept out?

It's truly sad all the way around. Not to mention the fact that many girls I worked with in previous years got follow up jobs from people they met at E3. Now those connections can't be made. That's how I got into segment producing for a network. Now all those opportunities have been taken away by people pretending they are helping us.

I hope E3 goes back to being fun in 2016, but I don't expect it to since so many companies lack the guts to hire us models anymore.

@GalvatronType_R - those are the facts from a once fully employed 'Booth Babe'. We made good money, made great contacts, had loads of fun, and many of us actually are gamers who really want to be there helping to promote the gaming industry.