Another PS4 launch. Another PSN outage. Unacceptable.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

So I wake up this morning ready to play KZ multiplayer. I finally have a long weekend to enjoy my new consoles but PSN is down. I cant play multiplayer. People cant redeem their PS+ codes. Yet we are all still PAYING for this online service.

Shit like this was acceptable when PSN was free. It's no longer free. XBL did not have any issues on launch day and they launched in 13 countries at once. I was unable to play any games online the day PS4 launched in NA. You would've thought that Sony would've learned from their awful PS4 launch in NA but nope. When will Sony figure this shit out?

I dont even know if I should ask for a refund because it will probably come out to be like 30 cents a day. Maybe it's not that big of a deal. All I know is that I cannot play any multiplayer games on a holiday weekend.

FUCK YOU SONY.

#2 Edited by ZZoMBiE13 (22911 posts) -

Ouch. That stinks. I thought they were disabling ancillary features to alleviate this kind of issue, or was I mistaken?

Either way, that is a bite in the ass. Sorry man.

#3 Edited by ZZoMBiE13 (22911 posts) -

I just read on the Escapist that Killzone has been patched. Do you think maybe it's just that game, or are you certain it's all of PSN?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that this is a PSN wide issue that is affecting everyone. Sorry.

#4 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

PSN is back up.

#5 Edited by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Yh iits back up. Playing kz right now. All is hell.

#6 Posted by david61983 (141 posts) -

I couldn't redeem the code for the year of PS+ that I bought this morning. Is something up with that?

#7 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

I couldn't redeem the code for the year of PS+ that I bought this morning. Is something up with that?

Wait a day for PSN to fix itself, it should work tomorrow.

Yes Solid this is total BS.

#8 Posted by BranKetra (47443 posts) -

I am glad I was not near my PS3 to experience that. I would have been disappointed more than how I am by reading about it. I am glad PSN is working now and has been since I started using my PS3 tonight. I used a PlayStation Store money card, downloaded Soul Calibur II HD, and am now playing it.

#9 Edited by nyc05 (10160 posts) -

And now Sony has suspended the "redeem voucher" functionality.

*sigh*

So much for spending my Saturday morning playing Lego Marvel Super Heroes (digital) that I just bought for $40 from Amazon.

It really is always something with Sony.

#10 Edited by Metamania (11955 posts) -

I am glad I was not near my PS3 to experience that. I would have been disappointed more than how I am by reading about it. I am glad PSN is working now and has been since I started using my PS3 tonight. I used a PlayStation Store money card, downloaded Soul Calibur II HD, and am now playing it.

I tried out the trial version of SC II HD on 360 and it was fun while it lasted. I still prefer the original Soul Calibur though.

In any case, sorry @S0lidSnake. Sucks that things like that happen bro. BTW, never got your friend request from you. :P

#11 Posted by foxhound_fox (86815 posts) -

Thank you Sony!

#12 Posted by AzelKosMos (34194 posts) -

Launch was flawless for me, everything downloaded superfast, must have missed the PSN issue when playing single player. Love my PS4, controller is great, Killzone is good fun and I love Resogun.

#13 Edited by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

I tried out the trial version of SC II HD on 360 and it was fun while it lasted. I still prefer the original Soul Calibur though.

In any case, sorry @S0lidSnake. Sucks that things like that happen bro. BTW, never got your friend request from you. :P

Your username is really confusing. ;p I keep forgetting it. Just send me a request. TheNegativeDude.

#14 Posted by syztem (7700 posts) -

People should probably learn to accept outages of popular online services on launch days given that it happens with 100% accuracy.

#15 Edited by BranKetra (47443 posts) -

@Metamania said:

@BranKetra said:

It could be better. The menus are basic and the graphics are 720p.

Okay, I am done derailing the thread.