Anita-inspired character appears in Towerfall (GS link)

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Bigboi500 said:

You're really shooting yourself in the foot if you let politics keep you from playing this fantastic game.

Playing it would mean supporting and endorsing anita, so no thanks, i'll pass id rather gamers send a clear message to her or any dev that supports her.

I already mentioned this earlier in the thread, but by that logic, playing Shadow Complex means you support homophobia because of its story running parallel to an Orson Scott Card novel.

feel free to not play that game then.

So you think people should avoid a game because it's loosely associated with a person who's views have no effect at all on the product?

Why does it matter if the guy is homophobic? The game is brilliant.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@toast_burner said:

@Krelian-co said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Bigboi500 said:

You're really shooting yourself in the foot if you let politics keep you from playing this fantastic game.

Playing it would mean supporting and endorsing anita, so no thanks, i'll pass id rather gamers send a clear message to her or any dev that supports her.

I already mentioned this earlier in the thread, but by that logic, playing Shadow Complex means you support homophobia because of its story running parallel to an Orson Scott Card novel.

So you think people should avoid a game because it's loosely associated with a person who's views have no effect at all on the product?

is not a matter of yes or not but a case by case analysis, how strong do you feel about the issue, personally in the example of shadow complex i didn't even have any idea but even then is not really something that bothers me (not homophobic just don't see the connection) meanwhile the fact that anita is anything related to this game is just a no no for me, and the fact that this developer even supports her is a no more games from them for me, think of it like a curve, how much i dislike anita and how much i want the game, i dislike anita so very much while my curiosity for this game was moderate so one superceeds the other.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@Krelian-co said:

@toast_burner said:

@Krelian-co said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Bigboi500 said:

is not a matter of yes or not but a case by case analysis, how strong do you feel about the issue, personally in the example of shadow complex i didn't even have any idea but even then is not really something that bothers me (not homophobic just don't see the connection) meanwhile the fact that anita is anything related to this game is just a no no for me, and the fact that this developer even supports her is a no more games from them for me, think of it like a curve, how much i dislike anita and how much i want the game, i dislike anita so very much while my curiosity for this game was moderate so one superceeds the other.

Anita breaths air so will you stop breathing air?

She has absolutely nothing to do with this game. Orson Scott Card had infinitely more to do with Shadow Complex then she does to TowerFall, and even that is a tiny negligible amount.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@toast_burner said:

@Krelian-co said:

@toast_burner said:

@Krelian-co said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Anita breaths air so will you stop breathing air?

She has absolutely nothing to do with this game. Orson Scott Card had infinitely more to do with Shadow Complex then she does to TowerFall, and even that is a tiny negligible amount.

let's use logical analogies please, i don't need to play this game, i do however need to breathe air. I can dismiss this game easily, tell me when you can stop breathing air please. Still my point stands, i will boycott anything that anita is related to.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#105 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@toast_burner: It didn't seem that she had any objections, she did RT the tweet from Towerfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@The_Last_Ride said:

@toast_burner: It didn't seem that she had any objections, she did RT the tweet from Towerfall

And how is that relevant?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#107 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@toast_burner said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

And how is that relevant?

You said she has nothing to do with this, how can you be sure?

Why would a developer put somone in the game as phoney as this anyway?