Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#51 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I still think Angry Joe is right about Titanfall being WAY overhyped. Getting awards left and right. Hell even Kyle Bosman even mentioned it. Titanfall wasn't even the second best reviewed game the week it came out.

Well, thats all subjective Ride and honestly after the twitter argument, his opinion doesn't rank top one million

You can say what you will about Joe, but i think the guy is more credible than IGN and gamespot at times

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#52 Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

It's the old giant douche vs turd sandwich scenario all over again. And I'm all out of popcorn.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

@Black_Knight_00 said:
@HipHopBeats said:
@Black_Knight_00 said:

I have lost count of how many people got into cataclysmic arguments on Twitter or got in trouble and/or lost their jobs because of Twitter posts. Spoony, Adam Orth, those guys who made the "forking" joke... That's not even mentioning the death threat epidemic and all that crap. They should just nuke that website, it's a threat to national security and world peace. When World War 3 is declared, it will be via a Twitter post lol

Lol, what the hell is the "forking" joke about?

Two guys were whispering jokes about "forking" and "big dongles" to each other at a geeky programming conference. Some feminist heard them, took a picture of them and plastered them all over her twitter as sexist monsters. Both her and one of the two lost their jobs.

Lol, wow. Snitches like that should definitely be punished. I could see if she overheard these dudes discussing some serious shit like committing an act of terrorism or harming innocent people at the conference. Posting pics of dudes making a few harmless jokes amongst themselves? Glad to hear she lost her job as well. Serves her right for not minding her business. I can't stand tattle tails, instigators and nosy ass people.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#54  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@HipHopBeats said:

Lol, wow. Snitches like that should definitely be punished. I could see if she overheard these dudes discussing some serious shit like committing an act of terrorism or harming innocent people at the conference. Posting pics of dudes making a few harmless jokes amongst themselves? Glad to hear she lost her job as well. Serves her right for not minding her business. I can't stand tattle tails, instigators and nosy ass people.

The problem is how much impact Twitter can have on people's lives. That site is more trouble than it's worth, really.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#55  Edited By Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

I don't care enough to take sides, but I want to point something out. First of all, I want to say the following thing I'm pointing out bothers me, because A LOT OF PEOPLE in that neogaf thread and some here, completely missed it.

Let's put aside all the petty '0.1' raging for a moment, and keep in mind that my respect for both Dan Stapleton and Angry Joe is equally low. Almost non-existant.

Now consider the following:

The quote Joe used in his video while complaining about other reviews, wasn't actually from a review. It was from a preview published on IGN, and like most previews on most gaming websites, it was full of hyperbole and box-quote bait. Again, not from the review. A lot of people seem to be missing the significance of this point. Either way you slice it, it's blatantly misleading.

In the world of, uh, let's say 'journalism', - and I use that term loosely here, because I don't think Joe actually qualifies as a 'journalist' - this sort of thing is typically considered an act of douchebaggery on the level of FOX News and Australia's A Current Affair, with Tracy Grimshaw.

The fact that he made this very misleading effort while simultaneously criticizing other reviews AND attempting to establish his own review as being somehow better than others simply because it came from him, is typically Joe. I could call Joe arrogant and pretentious, but that's a lot like saying water is wet, and I left my Captain Obvious cape at home today. So let's just say he's a misleading, misquoting, douchebag.

The fact that Joe spends time in his reviews to trash other people's reviews, in attempts to project some kind of image of himself as being 'right' or the only one telling it how it is, is exactly why Joe should not be taken seriously as a reviewer. Comedian? Entertainer? I guess. Reviewer? Nope. Joe's method of review is based first and foremost on what games will get him more views, and thus, more ad moneys, because the game he chooses to review is: (A) already popular/hyped and likely to get him more hits from popular search queries, or (B) bad game of the month people watch funny YT videos of, in-between cats and news bloopers.

Dan Stapleton acted like a tool. But so did Joe. Neither showed any kind of respectable behavior. The moment this mess occurred on Twitter, instead of in a private discussion via Skype, phone, or email, was the moment they both became complete twats.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

@Lhomity said:

The quote Joe used in his video while complaining about other reviews, wasn't actually from a review. It was from a preview published on IGN, and like most previews on most gaming websites, it was full of hyperbole and box-quote bait. Again, not from the review. A lot of people seem to be missing the significance of this point. Either way you slice it, it's blatantly misleading.

First and foremost, I don't follow AngryJoe, so even though I side with him for this discussion, I am not trying to defend him or anything like that.

It's not misleading because Joe never said "here are all the REVIEWS". Furthermore, He never said "IGN's review says..."

Joe made a blanket statement that gaming sites are gushing over the game. He says "the scores are 9s and 10s". He never said IGN gave it a 9 or 10. Joe also put a picture of the IGN preview, while saying people are loving the game. There is no misrepresentation there. Dan at IGN did write those words. Joe used that to show how much praise was being given to the game. Again, there was no explicit comments about IGN and their score.

I'm also of the belief that as the actual professional journalist, Dan should have taken the higher road. If he felt that offended with Joe's video, he should have formalized a statement saying that IGN's preview and review were somewhat different and if people are interested, Dan should have linked the review. Or Dan could have spoken to Joe directly in private. But to tweet "who are you going to misquote now?" is just baiting.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By HipHopBeats

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@HipHopBeats said:

The problem is how much impact Twitter can have on people's lives. That site is more trouble than it's worth, really.

Twitter is good for advertising purposes but I've never been one to post my personal business online. "I went to Gold's Gym today" or posting a pic of me at some outing. Like all these idiots who wonder why jobs can easily find their facebook or twitter page don't realize how easy they allow themselves to be monitored is because they volunteer posting their personal business online for the world to see.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Black_Knight_00

@HipHopBeats said:

Twitter is good for advertising purposes but I've never been one to post my personal business online. "I went to Gold's Gym today" or posting a pic of me at some outing. Like all these idiots who wonder why jobs can easily find their facebook or twitter page don't realize how easy they allow themselves to be monitored is because they volunteer posting their personal business online for the world to see.

Yeah, I don't get why anyone would use their real name online, aside from encrypted pages only open to a select few. You wouldn't walk around the subway wearing a shirt with your name and address on it, why would you do it on the internet, which is infinitely worse?

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By HipHopBeats

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@HipHopBeats said:

Yeah, I don't get why anyone would use their real name online, aside from encrypted pages only open to a select few. You wouldn't walk around the subway wearing a shirt with your name and address on it, why would you do it on the internet, which is infinitely worse?

Ha ha! Good point. A former friend hit me up on facebook asking me if I have a family and what have I been up too. I replied that none of that really matters and things are going good on my end. I go to their page and see pics and posts that make it easy to see where they at and everything about their personal life. Meanwhile, the only you can learn about me is I make music, nothing more.

I think technology makes it easy for people to seek attention. It's why hot chics post 'selfie bathroom photo' pics and then get mad when dudes like me comment 'nice boobs' or 'you got a nice phat ass' instead of being the 100th dude that says 'you look so beautiful'.

Then you'll have other dudes trying to get laid who take offense at my comment and decide to stick up for the attention seeking chic posting comments like 'grow up'. Lol! My thing is, if you don't want that kind of negative attention, why put yourself out there like that? I was joking around with a friend earlier about people posting nasty ass food pics like what they cooked actually looks good, lol!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Black_Knight_00

@HipHopBeats: Nailed it. The internet is full with sociopaths and do not want them to know my real name anytime soon. I guess there are other people who enjoy living dangerously, but I am not one of them.