Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Ehhm ok

Ok, what does that particular debate have to do with anyone outside that debate?

Also to be honest all that link does is make me question the intelligence of both of the named participants in the twitter correspondence, because are they really arguing over what some video creator thinks and what score some gaming critic gave a game?

I wonder why neither at any point during this correspondence thought to themselves "hey what am i doing"

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#3 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Ehhm ok

And why did you feel to post that neocrap on gamespots forum? and a better question is WTH? who cares what some semi-big youtuber thinks about a game or what some staff member thinks at a rival site who is mostly known for being a jokesite that noone takes seriously

Its not like people who read these forums are sheep and who would let either decided a purchase for them, at least i hope they aren't.

Please refrain from using SW terms in the general games discussion. Go to SW if you want to do that.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jacanuk

@shadowchronicle said:

@Jacanuk said:

Ehhm ok

And why did you feel to post that neocrap on gamespots forum? and a better question is WTH? who cares what some semi-big youtuber thinks about a game or what some staff member thinks at a rival site who is mostly known for being a jokesite that noone takes seriously

Its not like people who read these forums are sheep and who would let either decided a purchase for them, at least i hope they aren't.

Please refrain from using SW terms in the general games discussion. Go to SW if you want to do that.

Excuse me? I guess that by SW terms you mean System wars, but what terms did i use that was "banned" from use outside the System wars forum.

But i will be happy to rephrase it so that it doesn't "break any rules"

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I read about half of that and got really bored...

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Man Joe has made'em cry ....LOL!

Joe was right either in the review or in this debate....

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

neither came off well.

it's like IGN became aware of their silly 9GN nickname, took it to heart and (ridiculously) gave a big game an 8.9 instead, and then whined when somebody called their score what it is (a 9). the preview wasn't a shining moment either. i mean, i know i make posts in our "official game x" threads here while in the early stretches of a game and wind up eating my words by the end. however, the amount of hyperbole in the IGN preview was pretty ridiculous and it did make the site look foolish. they absolutely deserved to be called out on it.

with that said, [insert name from the tired "angry video game nerd" trend] wasn't any better. if you're gonna call somebody out, actually call them out. it was very unclear in his review who he was calling out for what. his screenshots, quotes, and scores all clashed together and i can understand why IGN might feel like their review was misrepresented in terms of what they critiqued the game for. if vargas was going the route of a review in response to other media outlets, he should have just specifically called out IGN for their hyperbolic preview and then specifically called out whatever other review he was talking about that didn't mention the campaign to his satisfaction.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46230 Posts

IGN are a bunch of idiots. I like them at times, but then I don't like them most of the time. Especially with shit like this.

their 'Believe the Hype' quote is on EVERY SINGLE Titanfall box, and then they go into bitch-mode when Angry Joe mentions it ?

Also what is this:

Many people wrote on this site that Gamespots Titanfall review was paid off, which I don't agree with. But it looks like IGN made plenty of dough for writing commercial like this.

no respectable review site should write "Believe the hype"

or "it's a platform exclusive" what does that even mean ? It's on 3 platforms :/

or "Your couch and Xbox Live community will be the ecosystem it's best enjoyed in" ... Why ? What ? Why ? Couldn't be paid by Microsoft to say things like that now could they :S

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

IGN are a bunch of idiots. I like them at times, but then I don't like them most of the time. Especially with shit like this.

For not liking them "most of the time", you sure do seem to follow them alot. What, are you stalking them?

Gamerno66666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#10 Gamerno66666
Member since 2013 • 175 Posts

Lol. IGN got owned. I used to respect Dan, but after seeing how he treats the users at IGN, lost all respect from him. He deserves to get his arse owned.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R4gn4r0k

@Qixote said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

For not liking them "most of the time", you sure do seem to follow them alot. What, are you stalking them?

What do you mean with I follow them a lot ?

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#12 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

I always feel bad for people this Joe interviews cause he looks like a mouth spitter when he talks. thanks for the spit in my mouth can i go now?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#13 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I was going to read it, but honestly, I don't care enough to.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Joe was certainly right on this, he gets my vote.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

i followed this on twitter.. Over a 0.1 difference LOL

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

The IGN guy (Dan) shouldn't have started the argument. He's the professional working for an established site. But he did, and got dragged down by a youtube gamer.....stupid. I wonder how IGN feels about this guy bringing this negative attention to the site. And, yes, Dan started by rudely saying "who are you going to misquote this time?" (my words, not Dan's). If Dan really was upset about Joe's review, he should've said something more like "hey, Joe, I believe you misrepresented us in your video".

I don't know why people are all up in arms about Joe. He's a vlogger (ha! I just dated myself with that term). He has no obligation to any journalistic rules or ethics. Why would people expect him to be professional? I personally do not like his demeanor, but I know better that to expect a different kind of behavior from him.

In the end, it seems like Dan got indirectly called out for being a blind fanboy. And no one would've really noticed or cared, except Dan thought he'd defend his honor by trying to out-smart ass someone who does it daily. And lost.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#17 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

@Jacanuk:

No rephrasing is necessary.

Carry on.

Avatar image for renouncereality
Renouncereality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Renouncereality
Member since 2014 • 87 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: I don't think that a reviewer stating which platform is best to play it on is something out of the ordinary. Reviewers are constantly saying the PC is the best place to play a lot of games because of graphics and performance. So a reviewer saying you should play Titanfall on Xbox is perfectly reasonable. FPS's are better on consoles now

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

When ever I see someone mention angry Joe, I just laugh and don't even care about what he thinks. He's a none funny Yahtzee that gets annoying fast.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I have lost count of how many people got into cataclysmic arguments on Twitter or got in trouble and/or lost their jobs because of Twitter posts. Spoony, Adam Orth, those guys who made the "forking" joke... That's not even mentioning the death threat epidemic and all that crap. They should just nuke that website, it's a threat to national security and world peace. When World War 3 is declared, it will be via a Twitter post lol

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k

@renouncereality said:

@R4gn4r0k: I don't think that a reviewer stating which platform is best to play it on is something out of the ordinary. Reviewers are constantly saying the PC is the best place to play a lot of games because of graphics and performance. So a reviewer saying you should play Titanfall on Xbox is perfectly reasonable. FPS's are better on consoles now

You miss the point. I don't think saying an FPS is better on consoles is not reasonable.

i'm saying the argumentation as to why is complete BS.

"Your couch and Xbox Live community will be the ecosystem it's best enjoyed in"

This argumentation right here is what bugs me.

"Your couch" ? You can play Titanfall on PC, hook it up to a TV and play on the couch

"Xbox Live community will be the ecosystem it's best enjoyed in" again why ? Because it's 50 dollars a year more expensive than PC online and offers nothing in return ? Why is Xbox Live ecosystem best enjoyed in.

So that's what bugs me. Not them saying that Xbox One version is better than PC, but their complete lack of argumentation as to why.

So it all ends up sounding more like a commercial for Xbone than anything else.

VincentAntonio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 VincentAntonio
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

@Grieverr: Maybe is because today most hc gamers trust more in those video bloggers than in the big “professional”, that are infamous (falsely or not) for reviewing trying to please more their sponsors than readers. In part that’s Dan soreness, because the place where he works made a big campaign “follow the hype” for TF.

AngryJoe could be the “amateur”, but Dan started (as you already told) Joe called Dan to stop more than once and Dan continued picking the fight.

Now, technically I am with Joe because he wasn’t misquoting, is a VIDEO review not an audio review, and he placed big in his background the right score.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Don't understand the hate for joe. He does really good reviews and the 'angry' is just a gimmick for shitty games, or bullshit in good games.

Either way, a little surprised joe lost his cool like that, but i believe he is in the right.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#24 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Joe is totally right, he could have probably put it different. But Dan was being an ass. They have made up now though. But Dan was talking out of his ass on this. EA even used their quote on "Believe the hype!" So it's legit

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

Joe is totally right, he could have probably put it different. But Dan was being an ass. They have made up now though. But Dan was talking out of his ass on this. EA even used their quote on "Believe the hype!" So it's legit

I agree that Dan was the one starting it, but Joe is not right, he is as much in the fault as Dan is, after all both are grown men.

He had plenty of opportunity to close it and he could just have been the bigger man and put Dan on ignore.

VincentAntonio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 VincentAntonio

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I agree that Dan was the one starting it, but Joe is not right, he is as much in the fault as Dan is, after all both are grown men.

He had plenty of opportunity to close it and he could just have been the bigger man and put Dan on ignore.

If you read the tweet Joe told Dan more than once to stop but he was like a houndog over him.

Yes he could ignore him, but that might sound too like he was chicken out, censoring Dan, not giving the right of counter reply, or giving him the reason… it could be seen bad in many senses and for many reasons.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

This doesn't inspire much faith that gamers are decent people. I know it just two people, but two morons is all it takes.

I mean, look at all the hardwork Anita Sarkeesian managed to undo for female games.

I'm going to pretend like this didn't happen.

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts

What a stupid argument from grown men.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

One of the most petty and childish arguements I've seen from anyone regarding videogames.

And over 0.1 in a score difference, Grow up Dan.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jacanuk

@VincentAntonio said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

If you read the tweet Joe told Dan more than once to stop but he was like a houndog over him.

Yes he could ignore him, but that might sound too like he was chicken out, censoring Dan, not giving the right of counter reply, or giving him the reason… it could be seen bad in many senses and for many reasons.

And? how hard is it to put someone on ignore? not that hard right or simply just do a mental ignore.

Also of course Joe wouldn't seem like a chicken, after all its two grown men not 2 kids in the local school yard having a fight, if Joe would have said "hey Dan this argument is so childish from your side that i'm going to throw you on ignore" he would have held the high ground and also painted Dan as a petty guy, But he didn't and just kept the fight going and going, and in the end just seem every bit as petty as Dan.

Which actually doesn't surprise me about someone who named themselves "angryjoe"

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

they made up afterwards

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

they made up afterwards

Still, they had a chick fight which showed how petty both of them are

VincentAntonio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By VincentAntonio

@Jacanuk:

It’s internet man, few people when are picked stand to not fight, it’s easy to say “gar garr… immature, they act childish…”

Internet is full of troll fights, but in this case were 2 people with high profile but they are not different than you or me.

The thing is that Dan, started, he is meant to be a “professional”, working for a company called IGN and should maintain certain standard, while in theory Joe is an independent guy and he doesn’t call himself “journalist”, so he doesn’t need to act “professional”, in theory he is like you or me, the only difference is that he has over a million subscribers on YT.

For Dan as I have read is not the first time he acts like that, the difference again is that he usually doesn’t pick on people of high profile as Joe, he picks on unknown people in IGN.com no one cares, this time picked in some that made his jerkiness notorious.

And for IGNs prestige as reviewers just remember one thing: Mass Effect 3

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

As I understand it, Joe quoted IGN as giving Titanfall a 9. IGN gave it a what.....8.9? They have issue with Joe claiming it a 9?

.01 is a minuscule difference but that's a bit besides the point. The difference between a 8.9 and and a 9 is tiny, but the difference between a 8 and 9 is not, and that's what people will pay attention to when they watch Joe's review. Many don't pay heed to tenths of a point. The fact is, IGN didn't give it a 9 even though it was so close it mine as well have been. The best B in the world is still not an A, and Joe was wrong in calling it such. I can definitely agree that IGN is blowing this a bit out of proportion, but Joe shouldn't say it's a 9 when it lays in the realm of an 8. If I was the review editor and it was my review, I'd probably take issue with it as well.

There's a reason there's tenths of a point differences, and to disregard a .1 kind of invalidates the whole point of the system.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#35  Edited By IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

@MirkoS77: In Joe's review he discusses how several publications were hyping Titanfall to no end and used pics of IGN's hype machine to prove his point. He then went on to say that many publications handed the game "9s and 10s" while some of IGN's quotes remained on screen.

However, despite showing quotes from IGN's previews (Which c'mon, they were ridiculous: "I had to put the controller down I was shaking from the adrenaline" ... yeah right) he never actually said "IGN gave it a 9"

And despite the .1 increment, the idea is that the game received high praise with ridiculous claims from several websites. IGN gave it an 8.9 and the review itself is glowing, it's hardly critical and that was Joe's point.

So that makes it even sadder that they continued a massive fight over arguing over the .1 decimal.

RenegadeSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RenegadeSteve
Member since 2013 • 262 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

When ever I see someone mention angry Joe, I just laugh and don't even care about what he thinks. He's a none funny Yahtzee that gets annoying fast.

I usually just skip to the score on his videos 10 + minute videos get dull quick. Just give me good, bad and the ugly none of this extra commentary same with written views and their filler.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jacanuk

@VincentAntonio said:

@Jacanuk:

It’s internet man, few people when are picked stand to not fight, it’s easy to say “gar garr… immature, they act childish…”

Internet is full of troll fights, but in this case were 2 people with high profile but they are not different than you or me.

The thing is that Dan, started, he is meant to be a “professional”, working for a company called IGN and should maintain certain standard, while in theory Joe is an independent guy and he doesn’t call himself “journalist”, so he doesn’t need to act “professional”, in theory he is like you or me, the only difference is that he has over a million subscribers on YT.

For Dan as I have read is not the first time he acts like that, the difference again is that he usually doesn’t pick on people of high profile as Joe, he picks on unknown people in IGN.com no one cares, this time picked in some that made his jerkiness notorious.

And for IGNs prestige as reviewers just remember one thing: Mass Effect 3

Ya very true its the internet but you still expect some kind of professionalism from grown men. Particular when one of them is supposed to be staff on a major gaming media website.

And yep i've read that its not the first time he is this way and i have to wonder why he is still with a gaming critic job,

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@shadowchronicle said:

@Jacanuk said:

Ehhm ok

why would sw lingo be banned?

i can understand brining sw into this forum, but why would names be banned?

and i dont think he meant sheep as nintendo fanboys but sheep...people who follow other people

VincentAntonio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 VincentAntonio

@MirkoS77 said:

As I understand it, Joe quoted IGN as giving Titanfall a 9. IGN gave it a what.....8.9? They have issue with Joe claiming it a 9?

.01 is a minuscule difference but that's a bit besides the point. The difference between a 8.9 and and a 9 is tiny, but the difference between a 8 and 9 is not, and that's what people will pay attention to when they watch Joe's review. Many don't pay heed to tenths of a point. The fact is, IGN didn't give it a 9 even though it was so close it mine as well have been. The best B in the world is still not an A, and Joe was wrong in calling it such. I can definitely agree that IGN is blowing this a bit out of proportion, but Joe shouldn't say it's a 9 when it lays in the realm of an 8. If I was the review editor and it was my review, I'd probably take issue with it as well.

There's a reason there's tenths of a point differences, and to disregard a .1 kind of invalidates the whole point of the system.

It is not an audio review is a VIDEO review, people WATCHING as you mention saw a very big image in the background with the right score (go to minute 8.39 ), and then a comment “God I hate decimals scores”.

And for you 8.9 is absolutely different than 9 and maybe right, you understand it in that way, but many people don’t even read the review, they just see the score and for them is “8.9 is almost 9” as it was for Angryjoe.

The best way would be or use letters, or not use decimals.

Is not Joe’s fault that IGN system is unclear with multiple of these subjective interpretations

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

I'm with Joe on this one. That Dan Stapleton dude seems like a crybaby idiot seeking attention and brownie points. Bottom line, Titanfall was overly praised at launch. And for Dan to start whining about a 0.1 difference shows how much of a loser Dan really is.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts
@Black_Knight_00 said:

I have lost count of how many people got into cataclysmic arguments on Twitter or got in trouble and/or lost their jobs because of Twitter posts. Spoony, Adam Orth, those guys who made the "forking" joke... That's not even mentioning the death threat epidemic and all that crap. They should just nuke that website, it's a threat to national security and world peace. When World War 3 is declared, it will be via a Twitter post lol

Lol, what the hell is the "forking" joke about?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44137 Posts

They both behaved like children. Joe simply could have acknowledged how the placing of the qoute he took from the IGN preview could have mistakenly been attributed to the review. I simple apology for the placement likely wouldn't have led to the silly back and forth bickering.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Black_Knight_00
@HipHopBeats said:
@Black_Knight_00 said:

Lol, what the hell is the "forking" joke about?

Two guys were whispering jokes about "forking" and "big dongles" to each other at a geeky programming conference. Some feminist heard them, took a picture of them and plastered them all over her twitter as sexist monsters. Both her and one of the two lost their jobs.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jacanuk

@jsmoke03 said:

@shadowchronicle said:

@Jacanuk said:

Ehhm ok

why would sw lingo be banned?

i can understand brining sw into this forum, but why would names be banned?

and i dont think he meant sheep as nintendo fanboys but sheep...people who follow other people

Ohh, so the moderator thought that i meant sheep as in some SW slang they use about Nintendo? because i meant sheep as in "people who blindly follow other people, without having formed their own opinion"

Anyways i redid the post and the mod seemed happy :D

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#45 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Don't care about IGN and Joe talking about the 0.1 thingy.

The fact that Joe can't reply normally without insulting that guy makes me think different how he is. He is pretty sad imo.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Black_Knight_00

@speedfog said:

The fact that Joe can't reply normally without insulting that guy makes me think different how he is. He is pretty sad imo.

Joe is an entertainer who happens to use reviews as a medium for comedy, the other guy is supposed to be a professional gaming journalist. A professional journalist shouldn't get into public debates, period. Contact the guy privately if there's base for complaint and solve the issue in the quietest, friendliest manner possible. Calling him out on a public post is the most unprofessional thing he could have done.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#47 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@speedfog said:

Joe is an entertainer who happens to use reviews as a medium for comedy, the other guy is supposed to be a professional gaming journalist. A professional journalist shouldn't get into public debates, period. Contact the guy privately if there's base for complaint and solve the issue in the quietest, friendliest manner possible. Calling him out on a public post is the most unprofessional thing he could have done.

Okay I agree on you with that.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#48 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

I apologize for that. Its no problem using it in that context my bad. XD

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 The_Last_Ride

I still think Angry Joe is right about Titanfall being WAY overhyped. Getting awards left and right. Hell even Kyle Bosman even mentioned it. Titanfall wasn't even the second best reviewed game the week it came out.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

I still think Angry Joe is right about Titanfall being WAY overhyped. Getting awards left and right. Hell even Kyle Bosman even mentioned it. Titanfall wasn't even the second best reviewed game the week it came out.

Well, thats all subjective Ride and honestly after the twitter argument, his opinion doesn't rank top one million