Am I the only one that thinks Assassin's Creed 4 sucked?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sun-Tzu-GE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sun-Tzu-GE
Member since 2013 • 99 Posts

I remember 2007 when I first played AC 1 everything fascinated me.The innovative combat,the building climbing,the conspiracies,the war fought in shadows by two secret orders,the philosophical ideas,the modern day story,etc...

I instantly fell in love with the Assassin's Creed universe.It was a great time to be a gamer !

Then came the Ezio saga with most of the gameplay being the same but much more polished,better story,more interesting characters and renaissance Italy which had the most fascinating and beautiful cities ever.The cities felt so alive,authentic and the architecture was splendid.I felt so immersed in the beauty of Florence,Venice and Rome.

AC Revelations didn't have the same charm but it made up for it by giving us great closure.It was very emotional living the final days of Altair and seeing the end of Ezio's journey.I can still remember the beginning cutscene:

"My story is one of many thousands,and the world will not suffer if it ends too soon" -Ezio

That line is just completely awesome. Shows how mature and wise Ezio has become.I swear I dropped a tear just now when remembering this quote.

Now we finally arrive to the dark days of AC3 and AC4. I will completely neglect to speak about AC 3 because that game was a disgrace but sadly AC 4 wasn't far from it either.

It's like they forgot what Assassin's Creed was all about and they completely abandoned the spirit of the franchise.Naval combat was tedious,the story was mediocre and just like in AC 3 it felt rushed,uninteresting characters,no charm,no interesting locations(just ugly islands),something about the combat felt annoying,major glitches,Edward wasn't even an assassin,most missions were boring and repetitive.I'm not going into details because this is not a review.

I used to love this franchise so much but now it's just a disappointment and I don't think I will ever play an Assassin's Creed game ever again.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

As a Assassins creed game i agree the game is and never will be a AC game, its story and mechanics and gameplay have nothing to do or even remotely feel like the org. AC games.

But if you remove the AC name and just had Black Flag the pirates game, then its GOTY material, its a excellent Farcry Pirates and can go head to head with any other pc title out there.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@Jacanuk: The only reason that i would not call it GOTY material is because the fact that it tries to incorporate assassin's creed elements holds it back from truly fleshing out pirate gameplay.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@cooolio said:

@Jacanuk: The only reason that i would not call it GOTY material is because the fact that it tries to incorporate assassin's creed elements holds it back from truly fleshing out pirate gameplay.

Ya, that is holding it back and its a shame they didn't send this out as a new IP because its a bloody good game.