All time favorite Final Fantasy character ( Even Kingdom Hearts if you want)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Uiltetwr (10 posts) -

I know that there may be a thread like this somewhere but i want to know my fellow final fantasy's fans opinion, I am still a teen but throughout my life i have played final fantasy origins, VI, VII Dirge of Cerberus, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII, XIII-2 and i must say that Caius Ballad has got to be my most favorite character with the runner up Captain Basch I know i may have not have experienced the Final Fantasy games that were greatly hailed as magnificent but these two are still my favorite characters and i dare say it but i think they're better than Kefka and Sephiroth although this is pretty biased but I still want to know other's thoughts on this

#2 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1390 posts) -

Yuna from Final Fantasy X (probably my favorite female character). Also Sazh from FF XIII. Best character in that game, I think.

Runners up: Lulu, Auron, Ashe, Balthier, Rikku, and Quistis.

#3 Posted by Justforvisit (2660 posts) -

Squall Leonhart

Surprise surprise.....

#4 Posted by mav_destroyer (3062 posts) -
I also like Squall Leonhart the most. Plus Final Fantasy 8 is my favorite FF game so far, I liked it even more than FF7. Playing as an angry jerk anti-hero was kind of a nice change from the previous installments in the series.
#5 Posted by Twin-Blade (6795 posts) -

I've yet to play IV, VI, IX and XII.. But I really did like Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII. I actually liked a lot of characters from XIII, with the exception of Vanille and Hope. Sahz was also a standout. I'm a fan of Cloud/Tifa/Barrett and a few others from VII also. Advent Children really helped here because while characters can be portrayed perfectly without any visual aid in books, I think its much harder to portray, describe and build them in a video game so a lot of little idioms and quirks of a character can't be expressed in a game as visually and technologically dated as Final Fantasy VII. Seeing expressions and hearing the voices of characters helps a lot, so those aspects in XIII and in Advent Children helped a lot.

While I loved FFVIII, I don't think the cast was amazing. Same goes for X, though I did like Auron somewhat. Balthier seems pretty cool, but as I said I haven't played XII. But ultimately, I'd say my favourite female character is Lightning, and my favourite male character is probably Zack.

#6 Posted by Ballroompirate (23649 posts) -

I have to say it's a toss up between Cid (ff7), Tifa (ff7), Kain (ff4), Fran (ff12), Balthier (ff12) and Vivi (ff9)

#7 Posted by JML897 (33133 posts) -
Auron
#8 Posted by oASSASSINo (27 posts) -
Even though I am not a huge fan, my favorite character would have to be Cloud.
#9 Posted by Gamertag-TFTW (2240 posts) -

Just the Moogle.

#10 Posted by whiskeystrike (12096 posts) -

Basch... dude was captain badass.

Also, moogles

#11 Posted by Justforvisit (2660 posts) -

Even though I am not a huge fan, my favorite character would have to be Cloud. oASSASSINo

The bolded part has to be replaced by "Because", then it fits perfectly :P

#12 Posted by rikkustrife (1174 posts) -

Yuffie is my favorite

and i agree with Caius being better than Sephiroth or Kefka.
He had a relatable reason for doing what he did, just went to extremes for it, which people do all the time in real life, just cannot go that extreme lol

#13 Posted by xWoW_Rougex (2776 posts) -

I found Zell from Final Fantasy 8 very likable! Energetic and goofy, I just really like him!

Other contenders are the very charmy Zidane, the awesome looking Vivi and the awesome Zack from Crisis Core

Here's an old classic video for those who have a hard time remembering all the characters!

The chocobo robo voice song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vvkssNx5oc

#14 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1633 posts) -
Moogles, kupo :3 I also liked Maat from Final Fantasy XI
#15 Posted by Killzonage (397 posts) -
Zidane, from FFIX.
#16 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRORWRowgz7E3zEzz7eYko

lol Honestly I have only played (almsot beaten) FFX and crystal Chronicles enough to judge characters. And in FFX I would say the best is Auron.

I am actualy rather interested in trying FFXIII since I bought it and never played it. Wonder if i will be surprised or if it will suck as I am led to believe.

#17 Posted by Ragnarok-64 (1295 posts) -

I still have to go with Sephiroth, I don't know but I absolutely love him always has been my favourite character. And then it goes to Lightning and Caius - both amazing characters.

My partner loves Tidus from Final Fantasy X - I never understood why though

#18 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

I like Red XIII, I also like most of the characters from FFX, including Tidus even though he can be a little annoying at times (too whiney).

#19 Posted by edgewalker16 (2284 posts) -

Favorites: Captain Basch (FFXII) and Cid Highwing (FFVII)

Runners-up: Freya (FFIX) and Dyne (FFVII)

#20 Posted by Canvas_Of_Flesh (4052 posts) -
Definitely Yuna or Vivi. Both are great characters.
#21 Posted by Justforvisit (2660 posts) -

I like Red XIII, I also like most of the characters from FFX, including Tidus even though he can be a little annoying at times (too whiney).

ShadowMoses900

Let's hear what Tidus has to say about this:

AAAAAAA

HAAAAA
HAAAA
HAAA
HAA!

AAAAAA
HAAAAA
HAAAA
HAAA
HAA!

Back to the studio :S

#22 Posted by mooooo99 (1250 posts) -

lightning, easily my favourite character.

#23 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Justforvisit

AAAAAAA

HAAAAA
HAAAA
HAAA
HAA!

AAAAAA
HAAAAA
HAAAA
HAAA
HAA!

I wanted to punch him right in the face! :P

#24 Posted by turtlethetaffer (17140 posts) -

Shadow would be mine. I like the air of mystery surrounding him, his past, and his possibility of being a father.

#25 Posted by Alter_Echo (10722 posts) -

Vivi Ornitier

#26 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (8119 posts) -
I don't really have a particular favorite, here are some I like: Auron and Lulu from Final Fantasy X Celes and Shadow from Final Fantasy VI Delita and Ramza from Final Fantasy Tactics Freya and Vivi from Final Fantasy IX Quistis from Final Fantasy VIII Red XIII and Tina from Final Fantasy VII
#27 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74204 posts) -
Auron and Lightning
#28 Posted by CooperThief (648 posts) -

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWRA-txmSuF4WA_aQkKF_

#29 Posted by Ballroompirate (23649 posts) -

[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

NaveedLife

AAAAAAA

HAAAAA
HAAAA
HAAA
HAA!

AAAAAA
HAAAAA
HAAAA
HAAA
HAA!

I wanted to punch him right in the face! :P

Tidus is the sole reason why I think FFX sucks and is one of the worst FF games.