AeroElite Combat Academy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

Anyone else own this game? I feel like I'm the only one. I could use some friends who've played this game because I have questions which even the sages of YouTube gamer community cannot answer.

#2 Posted by murcella88 (1 posts) -
Realmente é um simulador fantástico. Pode-se jogar usando mais de 10 cameras em tempo real. Assim, tem-se visões deslumbrantes que em outros jogos só são possíveis no replay. Quanto às missões, eu tb não entendi nada. Mas só o fato de poder jogar usando as várias cameras de perspectiva já valeu a grana que investi nesse jogo.
#3 Posted by SupaMarioPlumma (5167 posts) -

I'm by far no expert but I have put a good amount of time into it. It's been quite a while since I've played it though. What kind of questions do you have? I'll try my best to answer. lol

Also good to see someone else appreciating the game.

#4 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

I'm by far no expert but I have put a good amount of time into it. It's been quite a while since I've played it though. What kind of questions do you have? I'll try my best to answer. lol

SupaMarioPlumma

Well, I have found a few of the plane unlocks during Free Flight. I found the one under the bridge, and one other, are there hidden unlocks on all of the Free Flight maps? Like, one-per-map to find? That's one of my biggest questions aobut it...

... And it's really cool to finally find SOMEONE who has played it!!! Talk about a niche crowd, I guess...

... To the post that's in Portuguese, I used Google Translate and now I understand... Yes, the game does have some wonderful camera work.

:)

I really think this current-gen needs a game like "AeroElite". How cool would it be to fly formations and do stunts like in an air show, but with a whole team of human pilots? There are so many great flying games from the last few gens, like "AeroWings" on the Dreamcast, and "Sky Odyssey" for the PS2 which all feature precision flying and stunt work, but it seems like they just don't make games without guns & missiles as the main reason for getting into a cockpit, nowadays. Not to mention, games like "Ace Combat" are becoming more about the QTEs and braindead lock-on than they are about actual combat maneuvres...

Great to make your aquaintance, both of you! To our Portuguese friend - "Obrigado, Amigo!"

:D

#5 Posted by SupaMarioPlumma (5167 posts) -

[QUOTE="SupaMarioPlumma"]

MonkeySpot

Well, I have found a few of the plane unlocks during Free Flight. I found the one under the bridge, and one other, are there hidden unlocks on all of the Free Flight maps? Like, one-per-map to find? That's one of my biggest questions aobut it...

... And it's really cool to finally find SOMEONE who has played it!!! Talk about a niche crowd, I guess...

... To the post that's in Portuguese, I used Google Translate and now I understand... Yes, the game does have some wonderful camera work.

:)

I really think this current-gen needs a game like "AeroElite". How cool would it be to fly formations and do stunts like in an air show, but with a whole team of human pilots? There are so many great flying games from the last few gens, like "AeroWings" on the Dreamcast, and "Sky Odyssey" for the PS2 which all feature precision flying and stunt work, but it seems like they just don't make games without guns & missiles as the main reason for getting into a cockpit, nowadays. Not to mention, games like "Ace Combat" are becoming more about the QTEs and braindead lock-on than they are about actual combat maneuvres...

Great to make your aquaintance, both of you! To our Portuguese friend - "Obrigado, Amigo!"

:D

It's been quite a while like I previously said so I can't remember much about the unlocks. I know I used the hints and cheats section for the game here on the website to help me with that. Also there is a tanker you can refuel at in one of the desert stages with the big plateaus. I think it may be called 'Monument'. It's somehwere at high altitude. You can also see random groups of jets flying around sometimes which is pretty cool. There's even a UFO in one of the scramble missions though I've never been able to get close enough to see it. lol

Yeah you won't find many fans of these types of games. I happen to love flight sims in general and I enjoyed this game back in the day. The game really does have a lot of good camera views and even has more that you can customize I believe.

Current gen definitely needs more of these types of games. The closest thing you will find to AeroElite is OverG which was an early 360 title. In fact it's the spiritual successor to the Energy Airforce games which also includes AeroElite. OverG isn't much on presentation, the mission structure leaves a lot to be desired and there's some confusing aspects about the game. But OverG shines in its attention to detail and flight physics, the cockpits are fully functional, and weapons take skill to use properly. It's not perfect but probably the closest you'll get on consoles. There's still a handful of dedicated players who have formed squadrons and do everything from dogfights to airshows. It's learning curve is quite steep though, it's legitimately hard to dodge missles in the game. If you can get past it's issues OverG is a great game and one of the best pure flight sims out on consoles. Though after all that I should say that it's purely a combat sim. I'd recommend checking it out if you haven't already.

Don't get me started on Assault Horizon... :P

Good luck with the unlocks and have fun playing. :)