Aerith's death....did it affect you?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Let's travel 15 years in the past.

Did you cry?

Get sad?

It's ok,she's watching us from above.

Get me a tissue box...

XD

#3 Posted by DODGE_THIS_YO (80 posts) -
#4 Posted by Uchiha_Sasuke1 (1635 posts) -
Yep its one of the most memorable scene on all rpg games. I tried to break the spell but I still remember everything about it. It brought tears to my eye and I was able to learn that sephiroth is one enemy that brought a whole game into despair.
#5 Posted by Allicrombie (25113 posts) -
SHE DIES??? OMG! (seriously, I never liked that game anyway, =P)
#6 Posted by SpiralSmile (246 posts) -

No. I couldn't care less for the character. Red XIII finding out the truth about his father was a much more emotional scene.

#7 Posted by Samslayer (1649 posts) -

No. I couldn't care less for the character. Red XIII finding out the truth about his father was a much more emotional scene.

SpiralSmile

I agree with the second part of your statement...

Although I was shocked during my first playthrough, it did not have the effect on that so many people have talked about.

#8 Posted by Jag85 (4278 posts) -

The scene was spoiled for me by a walkthrough guide back in 1997. I stopped using walkthroughs ever since (well, maybe not completely).

#9 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -
I never played it but I've seen the scene various times, I'm sure if I ever do play it it won't have as much impact as it did on most fans of the moment.
#10 Posted by Boddicker (2378 posts) -

Meh. I never used her because I knew she was going to die. I preferred the much bigger breasted Tifa anyways. My friends were blown away when I told them I went on the date with Tifa instead of Aeris.

I can't believe I remember that. I played this game in what, 1995?

#11 Posted by Gemini_Red (3290 posts) -

It affected me, but nowhere near the way it affected others. I thought Celes's suicide attempt in FFVI was a more moving moment.

#12 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (8022 posts) -
Nope, those kind of scenes don't affect me. I wasn't mad either because I didn't use her that much, I always used Tifa and Barret(or Cid).
#13 Posted by Bubble_Man (3090 posts) -

Yeah, it did make me feel a bit sad. I agree that the scene where Nanaki finds the truth about his father was also a touching moment. It was an awesome game full of stuff like that.

#14 Posted by LordBrew (269 posts) -

SpiralSmile

I agree with the Red XIII part, the music that went with that scene (Great Warrior) makes it much more emotional.

#15 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

Not that it was a spoiler for me personally, because I'll never play the game. But maybe you should at least change the title so you're not telling EVERYONE in the forum a huge spoiler without even clicking on the thread. This is a retro-forum after all. I'm sure there are still people that haven't played the game and want to, here of all places.

#16 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Not that it was a spoiler for me personally, because I'll never play the game. But maybe you should at least change the title so you're not telling EVERYONE in the forum a huge spoiler without even clicking on the thread. This is a retro-forum after all. I'm sure there are still people that haven't played the game and want to, here of all places.

Emerald_Warrior

It''s been 15 years,EW.

-_-

#17 Posted by MLBknights58 (5015 posts) -

Nah, I didn't care for Aeris or even use her in my party. That one part in the valley where Red XIII finds out about his pops is a lot more emotionally charged IMO.

#18 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

GreekGameManiac

It''s been 15 years,EW.

-_-

Yes, but we're on a retro-forum. It's a little different in a place like this.

#19 Posted by ultramega9 (178 posts) -

15 years ago, i was playing super mario 64 and goldeneye.

When i actually did get around to playing the game, it was so boring that i stopped playing right after.

#20 Posted by DeviIHuman (203 posts) -

15 years ago, i was playing super mario 64 and goldeneye.

When i actually did get around to playing the game, it was so boring that i stopped playing right after.

ultramega9
oh you played Super Mario? If you played the Super Mario in Family computer.. Your childhood is legendary lol
#21 Posted by ThePerro (3103 posts) -

Nei's death in Phantasy Star II was more moving.

#22 Posted by BigBen11111 (1528 posts) -

Yeah, I was a little sad to lose Aeris/Aerith from my team.

#23 Posted by Blueresident87 (5297 posts) -

It didn't bother me much, I didn't like her character and found little use for her. I would have been much more upset if Tifa or Red had been written out.

#24 Posted by tab134 (340 posts) -
i remember watching it the first time my other brothers played it, they were completely shocked. it's a memorable twist but i don't think any of us cried. we were just like 'holy **** sephiroth/boss battle'. its a great moment if you don't expect it.
#25 Posted by Subtle_Ninja_X (35 posts) -
I actually didn't mind until recently. I never used her but her Level 2 Limit break that gives the other team members limit breaks... Man I missed that (fifteen years later) But still, she was an annoying bossy girl and the team was better off without her.