Advanced Warfare rant

This topic is locked from further discussion.

osai789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 osai789
Member since 2010 • 27 Posts

I like Call of Duty, but the time has come to speak the truth on this game. I simply cannot rage anymore because it will get me nowhere. Some people may say that its just a game, but if I paid $60 for this crap, then I should have the right to give my honest opinion. So, here it is:

First and foremost, lets get the obvious out of the way. The lag in this game is higher than the Burg Khafilia. in layman's terms, its so atrocious that I've seen instances where my bullets don't register and the bullets of my opponent do even if I shoot him first. I'm on a 50mbps connection with 15ms ping, I should not be at a disadvantage because the game picked me as host. Is Activision so greedy that they can't get dedicated servers like the ones in Battlefield 4? Sure BF4 has its own slew of problems but at least my bullets registered every time I shot someone.

Second, the matchmaking is just pure garbage. The game "throws" me into Domination lobbies where the enemy team has Warbirds and Bombing Runs and were down by 70 points. This problem would once again be solved if we have dedicated servers because we could filter out servers that have games in progress so we would have a fighting chance against opponents.

Thirdly, I would like to kick the ass of the person who thought the exosuits would bring innovation to CoD because it just complicates everything. When i'm shooting at a person, he should not be able to to slide to the side and kill me, this is creating a "shoot first, die first" feel to the game in which if you shoot the enemy first and he is taking damage, his weapon somehow overpowers mine and I end up dying just because I shot him first. Oh, and speaking of weapons, why does every single person use the Bal-27, it sometimes feels like that my AK-12 is powerless against it every time. I would like to see less people use that gun because its so annoying. Scorestreaks are severely underpowered. For example, the Paladin only gets me about 5-6 kills, for something that take about 1500pts to earn (I have it customized), it should get me 10-15 kills. The Warbird sucks, the Bombing Run is okay but its not something to write home about. There is a constant spam of system hacks everywhere its also annoying.

Lastly, most of the maps in this game suck. Detroit, Bio Lab and Greenband have to be worst CoD maps ever. My favorite maps are Terrace, Recovery and Defender. The spawns are crazier than ever because either I spawn in and I die 2 seconds later or I'm on my streak and someone spawns right behind me and kills me. I have a 1.2 KD in the game. I just hope that Black Ops 3 gets rid of the exosuit. Please Treyarch, you are our only hope.

If you think this was a good rant, post a reply.

b-u-r-r-o-w-s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 b-u-r-r-o-w-s
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts

I like it , and think the exosuits adds another layer to the game. And before you attack me and say I'm a COD fanboy I hated Ghosts and MW3.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

I'm really enjoying the game. I don't really ever experience too much lag in the game myself. I love the matcmaking because it hardly ever matters if people leave during a match since those spots are usually quickly filled anyway. I hate it that in some games when people leave then that's it those spots don't get filled until next match. It's a sure-fire way to get 6 vs 2, 5 vs 1 type matches. Unless one constantly searches for a new lobby every single match then I don't see how this is really a problem. More often then not though I usually get put in lobby that hasn't started the match though. So what if you get put in a match with a losing team, suck it up stay in the lobby and play a few more matches there. I think to exo-suit adds to the gameplay plus you have same abilities as everyone else so just learn to use it.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#4 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Here are my thoughts on the game. Fun and stable multiplayer, squandered campaign potential by not going all out with the exo-suit abilities. It played itself too safe and formulaic, and not even Kevin Spacey's excellent performance made it memorable. Better than Ghosts, but still weak.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#5 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@osai789: COD is the most generic thing to exist in the last decade

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

Last cod i bought was mw3 its multiplayer is still poppin, i dodged all the other cods but thought i would give this one a go, i'm really enjoying MP. Still not touching single player though.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#7 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I think your rant is ligit, but at the same time, what do you expect! Nothing much is going to change in COD, especially when it's released on a YEARLY bases. I'm still a fan of the series, but there's no way I'm going to pay full price for it again until I see some much needed improvements.

Geckosaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Geckosaurus
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

If anyone doesn't like it, they can send to me for 360 atta discount - lol

It's COD, there are gunna be plus and minus'

Looking forward to playing Blk Ops II & Ghosts for first time w/ bundle just bought.

I will buy this gm used from someone, and will enjoy all my older COD installments as soon as fire up back on Live, you zombies are doomed!!

Oh, and wait till Adv War Zomz hits, then you'll be forced to enjoy gm, or sell it yo ;)

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#9 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

LOL paying money for a COD game.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10416 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

it pretty much inspired a generation of shooters so i'm not sure generic's the right word when it practically created that particular gene pool. it's just doing what it's always done. cod gonna cod

waffleboy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#12 waffleboy22
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

i really think that advanced warfare is just last years call of duty with a retex and higher jumping with a robo suit and fancy new textures. As much as I would like to buy a call of duty game, i really can't find an excuse to get back in to the series, it really doesn't work for me anymore. If you like playing it, go ahead and play it, everybody has different tastes, I just really think the series is running low on fuel and with a collision course with the ground, if it hasn't hit the bottom already

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I thought the campaign was decent enough, but I didn't buy it... it came with my console.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Only an unaware consumer buys CoD expecting something half decent from it. CoD and Ass Creed are the King and Queen of SHIT<

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The_Last_Ride

@Macutchi said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

it pretty much inspired a generation of shooters so i'm not sure generic's the right word when it practically created that particular gene pool. it's just doing what it's always done. cod gonna cod

It had one innovative game in the series, doesn't mean it's great other than that

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

@osai789: may I ask what platform you play on?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10416 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Macutchi said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

It had one innovative game in the series, doesn't mean it's great other than that

i didn't say they were great. i think the latest campaigns are some of the worst in modern gaming and have none of the immersion, detail, charm or playability of the first four (uo not cod3). so they're anything but great in my eyes. i just didn't think generic was a fair label

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

I'm going to come out and just say it. Stop playing Call of duty if you want a consistent and competitive online experience. Like come on move the **** on and play something that actually feels and runs like it's consistent BF4 feels that way now, so does counter strike.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Last_Ride

@Macutchi: alright, the only campaign i actually did enjoy was BLOPS 1

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

This. The SP campaigns are so ridiculously short, they're made for a weekend rental. If you just gotta have CoD MP, you could easily grab one of the many released titles for dirt cheap and play that since that portion of the game is exactly the same year after year, so you wouldn't know the difference except for the extra cash in your wallet.

Avatar image for deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
deactivated-57de35bf0f08e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
Member since 2014 • 386 Posts

The latest Call of Duty sucks, just like every other one released over the past few years.

Chillock117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Chillock117
Member since 2014 • 71 Posts

I am the only one who thinks Ghosts is better than Advanced Warefare?

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1840 Posts

Seems you just need to get better at playing the game for what it is rather than what you thought it is. (notice this is not saying you suck but rather play it as AW not previous CODs) I've had that problem since MW2. I've played every COD since MW2 and played it like MW2. Needless to say I am not as good as I was back then nor did I enjoy it as much because of that. After two years off not playing COD religiously, I finally came back to AW. Lags pretty bad no doubt but, that comes with every COD along with the horrible spawn system. You just got to quit and keep moving from lobby to lobby until you get one that actually is good and hope the host doesn't leave at the end of the match. Never did had COD on dedicated servers as I only game CODs on consoles so that's what I've learn to do since MW2. Exosuits are a nice twist. I like 'em. Maps are a matter of preference.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1840 Posts

@chillock117 said:

I am the only one who thinks Ghosts is better than Advanced Warefare?

I hope so. I've only spent not even one Prestiege in Ghosts but even I can tell you Ghosts was turd. Black Ops 2 made Ghosts look like it was made by a half-assed dead studio.....oh wait..........

Chillock117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chillock117
Member since 2014 • 71 Posts

It's not that I suck at Advanced Warfare, it's just that I was excellent in the first couple weeks with a k/d ratio over 3.0 but not it seems that people have started mastering the game and it's getting harder to adapt. People aren't using their jetpack's or abilities to the fullest, they try to play it like a normal Call of Duty game.