AC3 George Washington's notebook - What the hell were Ubisoft thinking?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DeX2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 DeX2010
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

I recently purchased the Join or Die edition of AC3 on PC - I did this because it was £20 cheaper, but thats not the point of this thread.

Look here for pictures of what I'm referring to:http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17375/~/problems-with-the-george-washington-notebook

The Join or Die edition comes with a medallion, a few pieces of extra content, but most notably, George Washington's notebook, now Ubisoft made a silly design choice(or a large scale error that they haven't admitted to) that means some pages are joined together and it is up to the person to cut them open and explore. While it is a neat concept, you are meant to cut it open with the bookmark I presume, which is too flimsy and not sharp enough, in addition to this, you need to take so much care when cutting the pages to make sure you don't accidentally cut out some writing, etc.

There isn't even a note in the pack saying that these are to be cut open but it is beyond annoying for me as a consumer that they made this choice. I would've been perfectly fine with fold-open pages.

On the other hand, although I've only been able to give a cusory glance at the notebook, it does seem quite good.

What do you think of this puzzling choice?

TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts
What do I think They knew people would bi*ch about it so they did it to get free advertising on the internet. Look it worked on you :) Now everyone knows about the George Washing Journal in the Special Edition and the sale ;D
DeX2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DeX2010
[QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"]What do I think They knew people would bi*ch about it so they did it to get free advertising on the internet. Look it worked on you :) Now everyone knows about the George Washing Journal in the Special Edition and the sale ;D

It wasn't on sale, PC software is always cheaper, in addition to this, the notebook is only in launch copies of the Join to Die edition so there are probably very few unsold copies of this edition left. What annoys me is that it is meant as a special/extra/collectable item, and they have made it very easy for the consumer to damage it since some pages are actually fold-outs and others are joined together.
TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts
[QUOTE="DeX2010"][QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"]What do I think They knew people would bi*ch about it so they did it to get free advertising on the internet. Look it worked on you :) Now everyone knows about the George Washing Journal in the Special Edition and the sale ;D

It wasn't on sale, PC software is always cheaper, in addition to this, the notebook is only in launch copies of the Join to Die edition so there are probably very few unsold copies of this edition left. What annoys me is that it is meant as a special/extra/collectable item, and they have made it very easy for the consumer to damage it since some pages are actually fold-outs and others are joined together.

Perhaps then it was meant for collectors? I mean all the children who had mommy buy the game for them will probably not take care of the book then. If there is demand for it, and not many clean copies perhaps that's what ubisoft wanted? :P
DeX2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DeX2010
[QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"][QUOTE="DeX2010"][QUOTE="TrainerCeleste"]What do I think They knew people would bi*ch about it so they did it to get free advertising on the internet. Look it worked on you :) Now everyone knows about the George Washing Journal in the Special Edition and the sale ;D

Perhaps then it was meant for collectors? I mean all the children who had mommy buy the game for them will probably not take care of the book then. If there is demand for it, and not many clean copies perhaps that's what ubisoft wanted? :P

I bet they just made a mistake and are trying to pass it off as intentional. Although all copies have the folds so maybe you are right.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#6 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Can someone tell me what they were thinking with this game full stop? Assassins Creed, minus actual assassinations but you can go sailing this time! This series, fair dinkum. They've lost the plot.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Can someone tell me what they were thinking with this game full stop? Assassins Creed, minus actual assassinations but you can go sailing this time! This series, fair dinkum. They've lost the plot. biggest_loser

Ugh I completely agree. I want to know what person thought that the underground section of the game would be a good way to unlock the fast travel points within the city. I spent probably a good 3 hours yesterday just walking slowly around underground, finding all of the exits. It was painfully boring.