A REAL zombie game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

oblivionvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 oblivionvamp
Member since 2005 • 132 Posts

I just felt like saying this out loud please discuss and share opinions. There are a ton of zombie games, and many are good, however it seems the good ones only contain part of what makes up a good zombie game, none have it all. There needs to be a zombie game that has:

-a huge open world

-ultra realistic graphics

-very graphic but realistic violence

-walking dead style zombies that can be handled easily, but can overwhelm and corner survivors

-zombies that actually eat and tear apart victims rather than just kill and move on

-ultra realistic melee combat with area damage

-survivors can actually be bitten and will eventually turn and player must decide what to do.

-huge roaming hordes of zombies

-areas with basically no zombies and other areas with wall to wall zombies

-zombies attracted to sound and if it is nighttime they will be attracted to lightsources

-barricade building that can be slowly torn apart by big enough groups of zombies

-the ability to sacrifice other survivors in order to esca

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#2 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Just started playing Dead rising 3 last night and need less to say, its alot of fun! seriously

REfan1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 REfan1987
Member since 2005 • 327 Posts

Those are some very specific requirements. I've been following H1Z1, an open world MMO zombie survival game (coming for PS4 and PC), which looks awesome and might be what you're looking for. Check it out.

oblivionvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 oblivionvamp

@mesomorphin: i dont doubt it, however my ideal zombie game im fantasizing about is much more realistic than dead rising games. That game has maybe one or two of my listed features tops. Although i do love pretty much all zombie games, i cry inside that my ideal one doesnt exist

oblivionvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 oblivionvamp

@REfan1987: yes i have been following h1z1 and it looks like its gonna be awesome. If that game had survivors that could be bitten and turned and some other stuff i mentioned, it would probably come close to my ideal game

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#6 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

@oblivionvamp said:

@mesomorphin: i dont doubt it, however my ideal zombie game im fantasizing about is much more realistic than dead rising games. That game has maybe one or two of my listed features tops. Although i do love pretty much all zombie games, i cry inside that my ideal one doesnt exist

I definitely understand, however I'd say Dead rising 3 surprisingly covers alot of what you mentioned, the game is only "comical" if you make it like that, otherwise its a gritty open world zombie game with no loading screens, good combat, hordes of zombies that push the power of xbox one/pc, great cast of characters and story. Again this is only first impressions, and whilst it may not be the game your looking for I'd recomend you give it ago at some point.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

I basically want State of Decay but polished, better combat system, no stamina bull shit, actual plot and characters and maybe a better way of doing survival. Basically a game that will never happen.

oblivionvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 oblivionvamp

@mesomorphin: yea i most likely will give it a try as i do love pretty much any zombie game. The one im most looking forward to right now is dying light. I didnt like dead island but dying light looks like they really got their stuff together on what makes a good zombie game. Its still not my ideal game but sadly i fear there will never be a zombie game that satisfies all of my needs. I just want a zombie game that while youre playing it would feel exactly as if you were living in the world of the walking dead. Theyve made a couple walking dead games but those are not at all how it shouldve been made.

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

Meh.

I'd prefer a 'State of Emergency'-like zombie game where you're be part of a special taskforce team sent to rescue survivors and neutralise the threat in a number of huge shopping malls. Nearly everything would be useable as weapons, there would be environmental kills such as throwing zombies through glass planes to more creative executions like sticking grenades in watermelons and playing fetch with rabid canines...just because. The game would be quite quirky and somewhat like Sunset Overdrive too. You'd be able to play it on your own with CPU team members, locally or online and there would be loads of challenges. The game would feature a deep crafting system so for all of you who ever wanted to turn a tent into a glider, jump off the top of an escalator and unload a clip on the undead this would be the game for you. 'Over the top' would be the game's focus. There would be critical objectives and side-ops that change based upon your actions and if you get bitten or someone else in your team does then you'll have to find a suitable replacement from the survivors as they would have different qualities and/or stats. Essentially the objectives would be dynamic. There would naturally be environmental damage and not just aesthetic either, I mean stuff like blowing up walls to bypass hoards of zombies or access otherwise inaccessible areas, I mean blowing up a staircase so it falls in a spot to let you progress or simply explore. I want to be able to burn zombies with a flame thrower, attach a bomb sachet to them and let then run near their undead pals and...KABOOM! So yeah, all that insanity would be in this game. No path to be seen? Blow up some zombies in a particular configuration and use them as a step ladder World-War Z style (film is garbage). What other weapons would I have? I'd heat up a frying pan with my flamethrower, thats what!

The game would include a combo system which would earn you skill points that in time increase certains qualities. The more daring and elaborate your kills are the more points you'd get. Also bodily dismemberment would also be a thing. See a dirtbike in a showroom? Well there's always time for a few stunts!

There are so many wacky ideas they could include.