JackUUU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JackUUU
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

So let me start off by saying what started this anger. I was doing a main story mission, i was 2 hours in to it and I saved the game while I was doing the mission. I eventually died fighting the boss and the game reverted me back ALLLL the way back to before the main mission, heck all the way back to before I was even in the city.(Witch Hunt ruins mission)

I'm sure you can understand how extremely frustrating this is, I essentially wasted 2 hours. I just don't understand why the witcher can't have an Autosave system that REGULARLY saves the game for you as you complete checkpoints. The autosave for me took me back even further then my manual save.

Now i'm not sure why my manual save in the game did not work, or why the autosave is slow and not up to date. But my point is, CD Projekt Red really should of devoted more time to a way more reliable auto save system. Cmon man we're not playing ps2 games, this is 2015, it should be the standard, especially for RPGs to have good reliable autosaves, much like Inquisition.

Thats all

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I haven't had any trouble at all. Are you on console or PC? I'm on PC, and I make sure to hit the F5 button every five minutes or so. Haven't had a problem yet luckily.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#3 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Had absolutely no trouble with the saves. It auto-saves as expected and manual-saves work fine. When I die all I do is to load from the most recent save. (I'm playing on PC)

JackUUU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JackUUU

I'm playing on the xbox one, i wish i could simply hit F5 instead of opening up the menu

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

There's no auto save? Surprised. I don't have the time for these longer games, but back when I did I always thought of saving every second simply spoiled the experience and was almost a form of cheating.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Use the autosave key yourself more frequently?
I know it's a struggle but you can do it, I believe in you.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

It saves pretty often in the PC version and I always make a save when I've traveled far or won a hard fight.

When are you guys going to be happy? People bitch about Dark souls saving system and now Witcher 3, which has both autosaves and manual saves.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@jackuuu said:

I'm playing on the xbox one, i wish i could simply hit F5 instead of opening up the menu

Benefits of playing on PC. There's a program that will allow keyboard bindings to be mapped to controller buttons, so I bound quicksave on the guide button. Quicksave half inch away. It's awesome.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@Heirren said:

There's no auto save? Surprised. I don't have the time for these longer games, but back when I did I always thought of saving every second simply spoiled the experience and was almost a form of cheating.

There is Autosave, Checkpoint Save, and Manual Save.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#10 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I'm not sure I follow - this sounds like the frustration is just from a bug or a fluke where your manual save didn't work? Because the game has both autosave and manual save... how many more options do we need? Are there any?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

I'm playing on PC, but I'm playing in my floor gaming chair in front of my projector screen most of the time so I'm playing on controller. Getting to the manual save via the menus is only a few button presses so I don't consider it to be a major inconvenience. As for the autosave, it sounds like something might have happened with the op specifically but generally speaking it saves at mission milestones as jun pointed out. I haven't lost any significant progress from reverting to an auto-save -yet- but wether or not that can happen is probably determined by how the missions and checkpoints are structured and that might be on a per mission basis. I'm also a compulsive manual save-er in games like this, especially the Witcher series where preparation for each battle is just as important as the battle itself. I'll save before going into literally any encounter if the game lets me. I've had it crash on me once but otherwise run like a champ. The only game that had a really obnoxious (to the point that I didn't rely on it at all) autosave system was Skyrim, because it would only save when you went into a menu after X number of minutes or you changed zones. Completing missions or other milestones had nothing to do with it.

-Byshop

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Yeah, the save system kinda sucks. It autosaves very rarely, you have to be manual saving often in this game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

In agreement that this game needs to auto save more often. There's been plenty of times where I've died in a cheap fashion and it's thrown me way back before I've done a ton of different things on the map. It seems to only want to auto save at very rare intervals or certain parts of a story event. It never consistently auto saves though.

WadeGillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WadeGillis

I made a thread on the Witcher 3 technical support forum about this. I added a poll to vote on the issue as well. Lets make this issue known!

Mod Edit - Link Removed

DrFlyntCoal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DrFlyntCoal
Member since 2015 • 496 Posts

Keep saving once every 10 minutes, problem solved.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

Not saying it's what happened to you but there's some bugs in it as is the case with every enormous game that gets released. A friend of mine recently had a problem where he lost 11 hours of gameplay because the game simply stopped calculating XP for finished missions. But anyway, a general rule for any large game that doesn't use a checkpoint system is SAVE OFTEN. Especially when it's a huge open world RPG that has recently been released cuz it's likely there's gonna be lots of bugs.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

You may have encountered a bug or a glitch. I'm playing the Xbox One version and I haven't encountered any save problems as my manual and auto saves work fine.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@wadegillis: Please don't post links advertising posts/polls of yours in other forums. It's against our CoC around spam and advertising.

-Byshop

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

Yeah, the save system kinda sucks. It autosaves very rarely, you have to be manual saving often in this game.

LOL like I have to with Skyrim on PS3.

Skyrim on PS3=lag and freeze fest

I look forward to getting a PC at some point in my life.