A question about Devil may cry 3.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ramealdabest (519 posts) -

I remember playing this game a while back (3 years) and it was incredibly punishing but anyway. I managed to treack down a brand new copy on ebay only thing is that it's the Special Edition version which is fine but i'm not sure about the diffculty. The original on normal was hard and i've heard the SE dumbs it down so i was just wondering do I play the SE edition on hard if I want the same difficulty as the original?

#2 Posted by jt4mtb (2352 posts) -

I remember playing this game a while back (3 years) and it was incredibly punishing but anyway. I managed to treack down a brand new copy on ebay only thing is that it's the Special Edition version which is fine but i'm not sure about the diffculty. The original on normal was hard and i've heard the SE dumbs it down so i was just wondering do I play the SE edition on hard if I want the same difficulty as the original?

ramealdabest

The special edition of the game returns the difficulty setting to how it originally was in the Japanese version of the game and brings in the Gold orb continue system that was also present in the JP version. So yes, if you wanted to play it as you did before, play on hard; though I don't remember if Hard is pickable from a new game/save. Also, FYI if you wanted to know how the difficulties translate between versions:

US Original -- JP original/ US Special Edition

Easy -- Normal
Normal -- Hard
Hard -- Very Hard
Dante Must Die -- Dante Must Die

#3 Posted by lazyathew (3748 posts) -

Yeah, as the poster above said all the difficulties are still there, plus an easier setting. And there is a continue system that makes it less punishing. So if you die at a boss, you canstart over from the boss instead of having to restart the whole mission.