A game series that will not survive transition to this gen?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bfa1509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 bfa1509
Member since 2011 • 1058 Posts

For example Crash Bandicoot was very successful on ps1 and attempted to transfer to ps2 but was not very successful in that generation. Or similarly Ratchet and Clank was very successful on ps2 but was not very successful on ps3 in comparison.

So I want to know what game series in your opinion was successful on ps3 and x360, will attempt to cross over to current gen consoles but will be unsuccessful?

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

Rockman is another example. *sigh*

I can't think of a series right now.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#3 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I don't think it''s a series, it's more of the side of the developer imho

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Can't think of any off the top of my head.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5  Edited By torenojohn7
Member since 2012 • 551 Posts

@bfa1509 said:

For example Crash Bandicoot was very successful on ps1 and attempted to transfer to ps2 but was not very successful in that generation. Or similarly Ratchet and Clank was very successful on ps2 but was not very successful on ps3 in comparison.

So I want to know what game series in your opinion was successful on ps3 and x360, will attempt to cross over to current gen consoles but will be unsuccessful?

CALL... OF...DUTY.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#6  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

@torenojohn7 said:

@bfa1509 said:

CALL... OF...DUTY.

Yeah.That E3 demo was horrible.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

I can't really think of any right now. I think Call of Duty will continue to do just fine. It may slip a little with more competition from games like Titanfall and Destiny but it'll still hold strong. The E3 demo for Advanced Warfare looked pretty awesome.

bfa1509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 bfa1509
Member since 2011 • 1058 Posts

I think Uncharted will fail. I think the Elder Scrolls series reached its peak last gen. I agree that COD will come to an end and also Battlefield.

These new system releases must make for tough decisions especially in the bigger companies. No harm either. It's good to see indie developers and new start ups making a bigger impact in the market.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

@bfa1509: I don't expect Uncharted to fail, but I believe it will be the last game in the series. Naughty Dog will start focusing on a newer franchise like The Last of Us.

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

Probably Hitman. And hopefully those stupid sports games from EA

Murderbot375

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#11 Murderbot375
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I feel like Assassin's Creed will loose popularity after Unity, if it doesn't happen to be totally awesome, the Elder Scrolls to (even thou I really don't hope so). Call of Duty will eventually fail to sell good, but I have no idea if it happens this generation or a later one. It feels like the designers of Battlefield doesn't have many new ideas, Hardline is in my opinion BF 4 with exclusively (?) city maps and police and robbers instead of armies. I'd like to see that Battlefield 5 in even larger scale. Just like Planetside 2, with many fractions, and huge levolution concepts, such as atomic bombs, volcanos, gigantic earth quakes and tornados leaving half the map in ruins. Just in idea, but I feel like they got to come with big ideas for the series. I also feel like Little Big Planet 3 will be the last one, and if Insomniac haven't already left Ratchet and Clank behind, that to.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Well theres no such game, anything will work as long as they do it right..... Minecraft Xbox One Edition will be just fine.