90s:which system had the best selection of space shooters?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Heirren (18084 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="rilpas"]

nice twist of words there

but as I said, Stafox is not a SHMUP

if you want space shooters, then technically, U.N. squadron isn't one because it's not set in space

rilpas

Twist of words? The title of the topic is "SPACE SHOOTERS"! ...and you make it close enough to space in UN Squadron.

*sighs* I forgot who I was arguing with

and I love how you manage to contradict yourself so much, so now UN squadron is close enough? oh well then why don't we include sonic 2 and 3 on the Genesis list? I mean you have space levels, and there are robots shooting at you... CLOSE ENOUGH

C'mon, in UN Squadron it is very close. ...SOnic doesn't even shoot. How am I contradicting myself?
#52 Posted by rilpas (8222 posts) -

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"] Twist of words? The title of the topic is "SPACE SHOOTERS"! ...and you make it close enough to space in UN Squadron.Heirren

and I love how you manage to contradict yourself so much, so now UN squadron is close enough? oh well then why don't we include sonic 2 and 3 on the Genesis list? I mean you have space levels, and there are robots shooting at you... CLOSE ENOUGH

C'mon, in UN Squadron it is very close. ...SOnic doesn't even shoot. How am I contradicting myself?

simple, if you meant SHMUPS, Starfox isn't one

if you mean games set in space, then U.N. Squadron doesn't count

and then you wonder why you're the only one who mentioned the SNES?

of course I was joking when I made my sonic comment, but let's be honest here, the SNES is not really known for being a SHMUP machine (regardless of where it's set) yes, it has some good games like Axelay and U.N. Squadron, but it's pretty much universally accepted as the weaker console in that regard of it's generation (with the genesis and the PC engine still being in a hot dispute on who's better)

#53 Posted by MrYaotubo (2709 posts) -

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"] Twist of words? The title of the topic is "SPACE SHOOTERS"! ...and you make it close enough to space in UN Squadron.Heirren

Then I guess Rocket Knight Adventures counts for the mega drive as a space shooter,since,you know...this? :lol:

#54 Posted by rilpas (8222 posts) -

MrYaotubo

Then I guess Rocket Knight Adventures counts for the mega drive as a space shooter,since,you know...this? :lol:

the guy has always been a nintendo fanboy when it comes to the 16 bit wars, but even by his standards he's stretching it this time

#55 Posted by Heirren (18084 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"] C'mon, in UN Squadron it is very close. ...SOnic doesn't even shoot. How am I contradicting myself?rilpas

the guy has always been a nintendo fanboy when it comes to the 16 bit wars, but even by his standards he's stretching it this time

Na, im not a fanboy. Im a big fan of sega, I just call it like I see it. Bottom line on segs vs Nintendo is that Nintendo is still producing consoles and sega is not. I've been called a fanboy of all the current console manufacturers.
#56 Posted by rilpas (8222 posts) -

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"] Then I guess Rocket Knight Adventures counts for the mega drive as a space shooter,since,you know...this? :lol:

Heirren

Na, im not a fanboy. Im a big fan of sega, I just call it like I see it. Bottom line on segs vs Nintendo is that Nintendo is still producing consoles and sega is not. I've been called a fanboy of all the current console manufacturers.

oh trust me, when it comes to the 16 bit wars, you're a huge nintendo fanboy.

#57 Posted by Heirren (18084 posts) -

rilpas

Nope, sorry, I'm not trusting you there. A lot of my favorite games of all time are sega games.
#58 Posted by rilpas (8222 posts) -

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"] Na, im not a fanboy. Im a big fan of sega, I just call it like I see it. Bottom line on segs vs Nintendo is that Nintendo is still producing consoles and sega is not. I've been called a fanboy of all the current console manufacturers.Heirren

Nope, sorry, I'm not trusting you there. A lot of my favorite games of all time are sega games.

sure fanboy, whathever you say.

not gonna hijack this thread for the sake of your ego

#59 Posted by Heirren (18084 posts) -

rilpas

sure fanboy, whathever you say.

not gonna hijack this thread for the sake of your ego

It is whatever I say, unless you are calling me a liar. Snes and genesis are two of my favorite consoles of all time. This was probably the peak of when I played the most videogames. Because I prefer one over the other at this point does not make me a fanboy. Also, I continuously get called a troll in the Nintendo dedicated forums. Anyways, back to Space Shooters.
#60 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23707 posts) -
[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"] Then I guess Rocket Knight Adventures counts for the mega drive as a space shooter,since,you know...this? :lol:

Heirren

Na, im not a fanboy. Im a big fan of sega, I just call it like I see it. Bottom line on segs vs Nintendo is that Nintendo is still producing consoles and sega is not. beste snes I've been called a fanboy of all the current console manufacturers.

best snes space ship shooter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjwCeFcj-3o#t=35s
#61 Posted by Heirren (18084 posts) -
Not directly related to the topic, but what are some good GBA shooters? I need a new gba game--console is a tank and I'm on the road a lot.
#62 Posted by Dj-Dampleaf (677 posts) -
I DON'T KNOW, WHAT'S GOING ON, ANYMORE!!! Are we in space are are we not in space?
#63 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Lol guys.

XD

Thanks for your contributions.

#64 Posted by Sali217 (1274 posts) -
Probably the Saturn.
#65 Posted by GaussRiemann (183 posts) -
If you count in Japanese releases, the Saturn, followed by either Mega Drive/ Genesis or Turbografx/ PC-Engine (hard to say who's better).
#66 Posted by bultje112 (1867 posts) -

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

Heirren

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I sure hope your nose doesn't grow every time you lie.

#67 Posted by Heirren (18084 posts) -

bultje112

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I sure hope your nose doesn't grow every time you lie.

That I'm a huge Sega fan? I am. Virtua Fighter is one of my favorite series of all time. I can even begin to think the amount of time I spent playing Sonic and the Sega Sports lineup. Shenmue is also one of my favorites of all time. That Sega diminished over time, unfortunately. Yu Suzuki is a legend amongst game designers. Also, I grew up around the arcade scene. Do you understand how many amazing Sega games were in arcades?